• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Need Help - HDFC swiggy card blocked before activation

One person's SWIGGY HDFC card shown as FYF got rejected.

Layer he got email that submit address declaration at any HDFC Branch as your aadhaar card adress is different from present address.

ONly HDFC can send such email after rejection

It seems that they first rejevt and then think if we may do something about it

I applied for the HDFC Swiggy card via the Swiggy app (LTF) a few days back and got the mail that it's approved (even in the Swiggy app it was showing approved).
Today I received the physical card but when I tried to activate it in HDFC cards it said that the card was blocked.
I tried to reach out to CC and they said that it is permanently blocked as they decided that they cannot issue the card after dispatching. I never heard that a bank would block the card after dispatching and how they come to the decision of non-issuing after dispatching the card.
Hence reaching out to the technofino community for suggestions. Did anyone ever face this issue? Is there anything that can be done here?
If they can block a card after it has been approved and even sent out, does that mean they can block my card that they've issued an I'm using?

Regalia Gold as well?
How are you planning to get it reactivated?
I appealed to nodal officer and the reply i received was that "card issuance is solely at the discretion of the bank and in case the applicant is involved in any fraudulent activity including tempering of documents submitted to the bank, bank solely reserve the right to permanently cancel the cards issued to the applicant by the bank" .

If they can block a card after it has been approved and even sent out, does that mean they can block my card that they've issued an I'm using?
After this happened, I am now sure that they can block any card at anytime without giving any reason.

It seems your card became a part of collateral damage....Currently, HDFC is blocking all the swiggy LTF cards issued fraudulently by sharing fake screenshot....You may complain to nodal officer ask for the reason of cancellation after being issued...If not satisfied with response then approach RBI banking ombudsman.
If the Bank has the needed proof (of dox tampering or fake details like inflated income....), RBIO can not do anything. The bank, then, has every right to do what it deems it fit to do.

Back