• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help on buying Printer

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

Need your suggestions for buying a new printer.

Basically I am looking for Wifi, Laser Printer.

Please give your suggestions based on your personal usage.

Budget ? Color/black n white ? Typically whats the max you gonna print per day ?
Budget not a constraint.

Quality is the priority.😁😁

Will buy it in upcoming sales.

It is for home use only.😀😀

Must have things I already mentioned. Color, Design etc really doesn't matter to me!!

In my experience, for normal home use, 90% of the time, BW print does perfectly fine. For the very occasional colour print, the friendly neighborhood shop should do. But in the home setup, a scanner is often more important. So instead of a colour laser printer, I would suggest going for a BW laser MFP. Also opt for a device that uses standard cartridge as otherwise replacement becomes costly.
I bought HP MFP M126NW in 2016. Its still working fine. Just had to change the paper picking rollers once for Rs.500. Uses standard 88A cartridge. Served really well during covid for my daughter's online school works. Its connected over wifi with the home router and works with all the laptops and mobiles at home..

Why is scanner important? It is so easy to scan documents now with mobile camera and camscanner app

Infact I have found color printer more useful especially for kids projects…. Although I am using inktank color printer and not laser one

Why is scanner important? It is so easy to scan documents now with mobile camera and camscanner app

Infact I have found color printer more useful especially for kids projects…. Although I am using inktank color printer and not laser one
The scanner in MFP also woks as a photo copier. And unless you have very very steady hands, mobile camera+camscanner can never give the same quality as a dedicated scanner.

Back