• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Laptop buying help [NOT so urgent]

You can get the laptop, and there won't be any big issues that you can't handle.
And ignore people with big brains, spitting facts but of no use.
Given that a laptop is a major investment that you'll likely use daily for years, it's unwise to dismiss expert opinions. What you call "facts of no use" might actually be crucial information about performance, longevity, and value. Those "big brain" insights often reveal important details about compatibility, upgradability, or long-term reliability that aren't immediately apparent but become significant over time.

Considering the financial commitment and daily reliance on a laptop, it's prudent to weigh all available information before making a decision. 😄

Given that a laptop is a major investment that you'll likely use daily for years, it's unwise to dismiss expert opinions. What you call "facts of no use" might actually be crucial information about performance, longevity, and value. Those "big brain" insights often reveal important details about compatibility, upgradability, or long-term reliability that aren't immediately apparent but become significant over time.

Considering the financial commitment and daily reliance on a laptop, it's prudent to weigh all available information before making a decision. 😄
yeah i am using a 4 year old one which go on for another 4 year without any issue. people who seek battery life either they don't understand computing or computer in first place, if you need a device like mobile, what device will you ditch first? neither. so duck it and either get a 12th gen intel or normal amd "laptops" or go for ishits with no possible greater outcomes. battery lifes, oh man seriously, do you carry battery chargers, you can carry cable tooo.. crying richbabies for attentions

No offense intended.

I usually avoid getting into debates and tend to skip opinions that are presented as expert advice without substantial backing. The internet is full of self-proclaimed experts, and it’s easy to get misled.

In today’s world, laptops are not the major investment they once were, especially for those whose work depends on them or who spend a lot of time using them. Many people replace similarly expensive smartphones every year without hesitation.

If you look at the post by @sadhunath that I quoted, you'll see that Snapdragon laptops are a clear choice for his specific needs. Given his requirements, these laptops are the most suitable option.

As for compatibility, I didn’t say anyone was wrong. However, for the average user, compatibility issues with specialized tools are rare. Those who need such tools usually know about these potential issues. Importantly, Microsoft’s commitment to Snapdragon laptops means compatibility and stability will continue to improve.

Sometimes, having too much information can be more confusing than helpful, even if it's shared with good intentions.

Peace out.

I usually avoid getting into debates and tend to skip opinions that are presented as expert advice without substantial backing. The internet is full of self-proclaimed experts, and it’s easy to get misled.
Humba humba ramba ramba kamba kamba..dumba dumba..bumba bumba.

In today’s world, laptops are not the major investment they once were, especially for those whose work depends on them or who spend a lot of time using them.
Laptops are still a major investment as they once were, and they always would be. While it's true that many people replace smartphones frequently, it's important to recognize that laptops serve a fundamentally different purpose. They are often essential tools for productivity, education, and creative work, with a lifespan and utility that typically extend far beyond that of a smartphone. A well-maintained laptop can last for several years, making it a significant long-term investment. The comparison between the two isn't quite fair, as the value and return on investment from a good laptop often far exceed the annual upgrades of a smartphone.

As for compatibility, I didn’t say anyone was wrong. However, for the average user, compatibility issues with specialized tools are rare. Those who need such tools usually know about these potential issues.
Do you know when the first ARM-based Windows laptop was released? 12 years ago! How many yearly releases of ARM-based Windows laptops do you see every year? And what's their market share? Find out.

While it's true that compatibility has improved for ARM-based Windows systems in the recent years, there are still significant challenges that affect both average users and professionals:
1. Software compatibility: Many applications, especially legacy software and specialized tools, are not optimized for ARM architecture. Sure, most popular apps are compatible with ARM-64 now, and he can use his favourite word processing software without issues, but what if he wants to use an application but finds it incompatible with it? Even many popular VPN apps still have compatibility issues with the ARM-64 architecture on Windows, and this even includes NordVPN. Even Chrome added native ARM support for Windows this year.

2. Driver issues: Printer and peripheral compatibility still remains a major problem. Many hardware manufacturers have been slow to develop ARM-64 drivers, leading to functionality issues or complete incompatibility. In fact, printing has always been a major issue with them, as ARM printer drivers are exceptionally rare.

3. Developer reluctance: Despite Microsoft's efforts, many developers are hesitant to invest resources in porting their applications to ARM. This reluctance creates a chicken-and-egg problem, slowing widespread adoption.

4. Performance overhead: While Windows can run x86 applications through emulation, this often results in reduced performance and increased battery consumption, negating some of the benefits of ARM processors.

5. Gaming limitations: Many popular games, particularly developed in the last decade still have compatibility issues with ARM-64 systems. For instance, GTA V, which still gets minor bug-fix updates from Rockstar, but have never added support for ARM-64 architecture.

6. Virtual machine challenges: Running x86-based virtual machines on ARM Windows is either impossible or comes with significant performance penalties.

Microsoft’s commitment to Snapdragon laptops means compatibility and stability will continue to improve.
This "commitment" means nothing unless more developers make their apps compatible with the ARM-64 architecture. And there's only one way to achieve that: to release more laptops with affordable prices to increase the market adoption.

X86 is a stable platform on which Microsoft and third-party developers have contributed for over three decades to make it a more "mature" environment. While I'm not denying the fact that ARM-64 is a bad architecture—it is in fact a promising architecture and its future is promising as well, but it's not the right fit for you if the above points I mentioned sound bothersome to you.

Sometimes, having too much information can be more confusing than helpful, even if it's shared with good intentions.
My point is, you should take every opinion and decide what's good for you. If any of it doesn't concern you, go ahead and buy it. I have told whatever one needs to know before making an informed decision. And stop demeaning people unless you have valid arguments. Peace out.

Laptops are still a major investment as they once were, and they always would be. While it's true that many people replace smartphones frequently, it's important to recognize that laptops serve a fundamentally different purpose. They are often essential tools for productivity, education, and creative work, with a lifespan and utility that typically extend far beyond that of a smartphone. A well-maintained laptop can last for several years, making it a significant long-term investment. The comparison between the two isn't quite fair, as the value and return on investment from a good laptop often far exceed the annual upgrades of a smartphone.

Do you know when the first ARM-based Windows laptop was released? 12 years ago! How many yearly releases of ARM-based Windows laptops do you see every year? And what's their market share? Find out.

While it's true that compatibility has improved for ARM-based Windows systems in the recent years, there are still significant challenges that affect both average users and professionals:
1. Software compatibility: Many applications, especially legacy software and specialized tools, are not optimized for ARM architecture. Sure, most popular apps are compatible with ARM-64 now, and he can use his favourite word processing software without issues, but what if he wants to use an application but finds it incompatible with it? Even many popular VPN apps still have compatibility issues with the ARM-64 architecture on Windows, and this even includes NordVPN. Even Chrome added native ARM support for Windows this year.

2. Driver issues: Printer and peripheral compatibility still remains a major problem. Many hardware manufacturers have been slow to develop ARM-64 drivers, leading to functionality issues or complete incompatibility. In fact, printing has always been a major issue with them, as ARM printer drivers are exceptionally rare.

3. Developer reluctance: Despite Microsoft's efforts, many developers are hesitant to invest resources in porting their applications to ARM. This reluctance creates a chicken-and-egg problem, slowing widespread adoption.

4. Performance overhead: While Windows can run x86 applications through emulation, this often results in reduced performance and increased battery consumption, negating some of the benefits of ARM processors.

5. Gaming limitations: Many popular games, particularly developed in the last decade still have compatibility issues with ARM-64 systems. For instance, GTA V, which still gets minor bug-fix updates from Rockstar, but have never added support for ARM-64 architecture.

6. Virtual machine challenges: Running x86-based virtual machines on ARM Windows is either impossible or comes with significant performance penalties.

This "commitment" means nothing unless more developers make their apps compatible with the ARM-64 architecture. And there's only one way to achieve that: to release more laptops with affordable prices to increase the market adoption.

X86 is a stable platform on which Microsoft and third-party developers have contributed for over three decades to make it a more "mature" environment. While I'm not denying the fact that ARM-64 is a bad architecture—it is in fact a promising architecture and its future is promising as well, but it's not the right fit for you if the above points I mentioned sound bothersome to you.

My point is, you should take every opinion and decide what's good for you. If any of it doesn't concern you, go ahead and buy it. I have told whatever one needs to know before making an informed decision. And stop demeaning people unless you have valid arguments. Peace out.
bhai jitna time likhne mein diya utna to hum apne ex ko bhi nei dete the shayad

As I said, again, too much information.
I do not think this is the right platform to debate this.

If it satisfies you, I acknowledge that you are right.🫡

As I said, again, too much information.
I do not think this is the right platform to debate this.
There isn't a single *right platform* for this discussion, nor was it a debate. I provided all the necessary information a buyer needs before making a decision. It's also not too much information.

If it satisfies you, I acknowledge that you are right.
Bhai, tune toh dil pe le liya. Chill maar yaar. 😅

nor was it a debate.

Looks like a debate to me.
Once again, why should a general user need to know this? Is it truly that important?

You won't have decent experience with a Snapdragon-powered laptop. Many applications would have compatibility issues, as is with other ARM-based Windows laptops.
Bhai, tune toh dil pe le liya. Chill maar yaar. 😅

You assumed the user's behavior and concluded that they wouldn't have a decent experience. However, experiences can vary greatly from one user to another.

Suggestions should be given like this: Snapdragon-powered laptops offer great battery life, but you might face compatibility issues. Make sure to check if all the applications you use are compatible. Present both pros and cons when giving suggestions. Avoid making judgments—present the facts and let the user decide what works best for them.

And ignore people with big brains, spitting facts but of no use.
I hope you understand why I said this. If even now you are not able to comprehend it, it's not your fault but mine.

Btw I am also looking to buy a new laptop and searching for something good for ~2L.

Once again, why should a general user need to know this? Is it truly that important?
Poora message padh le. Usi mein iska answer hai.

You assumed the user's behavior and concluded that they wouldn't have a decent experience. However, experiences can vary greatly from one user to another.
I didn't assume and conclude anything. Read my whole post again.

Snapdragon-powered laptops offer great battery life, but you might face compatibility issues. Make sure to check if all the applications you use are compatible. Present both pros and cons when giving suggestions. Avoid making judgments—present the facts and let the user decide what works best for them.
Maine kya Chinese mein bola thha?

Bhai, baat ka batangarh mat banaya kar. Padhne wala koi chhota bachcha nahi hai. Woh sab samajh jayega, aur jo nahi samajh payega, woh khud research kar lega ya poochega.

Now I ask them to mail and they mail 3 times mentoning details of previous order and about 8064 rs refund in amazon pay wallet,
Now now listen amazon provide me tracking details of dtdc since seller is 3rd party so they will send by private courier and in chat they provide tracking details and when i confirm tracking details they completely denied that they don't have any shipment for this tracking number, now went back to amazon saying these details are fake and amazon provide me fake details which is violation to consumer protection act 2019 mentioning some section of consumer act and also tell them that i order from different seller and invoice is provided from different seller who does not have any HSN code for this type of product under his GST number and I also mention few more things so they agree on pay the difference and even kick out this seller from amazon
GGs, your efforts paid off.

and axis is giving 1000 rs off but I didn't take but I used SBI cashback card so that i will get 700 rs cashback other then difference and even they will refund after removing GST on previous by this I got 1000+ extra money, please suggest my issue is resolved now should i reomove complaint from national consumer portal since complaint date was today , amazon don't know about this complaint

here is my complaint format after replacing few details with XXXX

Respected Sir/Madam, I am writing to formally lodge a complaint against Amazon for not only failing to deliver a product I ordered but also attempting to deceive me by providing false tracking details. Order Details: Order Number: XXXXXX Product: Chair Seller at the Time of Purchase: XXXXXX Seller on Invoice: ZZZZZZZ Issue: I placed an order for a chair on Amazon, but the product has not been delivered to me. When I contacted Amazon customer support for an update, they provided me with a tracking number (XXXX) and shipment ID (XXXXX) from DTDC courier. However, when I contacted DTDC to verify the status of the shipment, I was informed that there is no shipment associated with the provided tracking ID. This clearly indicates that Amazon has attempted to scam me by providing false tracking details. Despite my repeated attempts to resolve the issue with Amazon, they have failed to deliver the product or even respond within the promised 48-hour timeframe. Instead, they continue to provide fake tracking information, which is a serious violation of consumer rights and constitutes an unfair trade practice. This situation has caused me significant distress and frustration, and I fear that Amazon is intentionally misleading customers with such practices. Attachments: Invoice of the product Screenshot of chat with Amazon support where they provided the tracking details Reply from DTDC confirming that they have no shipment related to the provided tracking ID Request: I urge you to take strict action against Amazon for attempting to scam me and other potential customers. I request that you ensure Amazon delivers the product I ordered immediately. If the issue is not resolved promptly, I will have no option but to escalate the matter to the Consumer Court. Thank you for your attention and assistance in this urgent matter. Yours sincerely,
I think you can close the complaint now

Back