• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help regarding amex application

My friend applied for MRCC card on 29th June and did the vkyc the same day. He got a call on Monday (Jul 1) about basic verification. Since then it is radio silent. The application is neither approved nor denied. He keeps getting the email everyday about someone contacting him. It has been over a week. He even called customer care but it was not useful.

He already has Plat Travel card since 1 year. The current job and address hasn't changed. He has good income, works for a tier 1 company and lives in serviceable area.

@SSV Any guesses what is happening here?

My friend applied for MRCC card on 29th June and did the vkyc the same day. He got a call on Monday (Jul 1) about basic verification. Since then it is radio silent. The application is neither approved nor denied. He keeps getting the email everyday about someone contacting him. It has been over a week. He even called customer care but it was not useful.

He already has Plat Travel card since 1 year. The current job and address hasn't changed. He has good income, works for a tier 1 company and lives in serviceable area.

@SSV Any guesses what is happening here?
If he is already having plat travel and not getting MRCC easily means there is some information mis match in the new application

If he is already having plat travel and not getting MRCC easily means there is some information mis match in the new application
But the person who called didn't ask anything. She asked whether all the documents have been uploaded. My friend hasn't received any email to upload documents. He told her the same thing. Then she said she will get back to him if anything is required.

But the person who called didn't ask anything. She asked whether all the documents have been uploaded. My friend hasn't received any email to upload documents. He told her the same thing. Then she said she will get back to him if anything is required.
going into this way of someone calling your frined should not happen at the first place...
Here itself it got deviated....
I am not saying he wont get the card, but the process went into a different path..

going into this way of someone calling your frined should not happen at the first place...
I am not saying he wont get the card, but the process went into a different path..
Recently, they have started calling. My wife for 3 cards in June. All of them were approved but she received calls for all of them.
My office colleague also faced the same but card was approved.

Reactions: SSV
Recently, they have started calling. My wife for 3 cards in June. All of them were approved but she received calls for all of them.
Thanks for the info..

but all my referrals never got a call . with ony one exception that too a very long time ago about 8 months ago..
but noted your information..

hmm interesting so it seem Amex have started calling if existing or new apply for new cc. i guess with 12k MR point more people have applied for Amex then amex thought so they started calling for manual verification and then approving the application.

Reactions: SSV
Back