• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion for LTF HDFC Regalia/Gold

the_collector

TF Premier
Hey Guys,
This being my first post here, please ignore any mistakes.

So I have been trying to get my hands on a HDFC card for a while now, but I have not been able to as everytime i apply online, it only suggests moneyback.
I have multiple cards with APAY/Platinum ICICI having the highest limit of 420k. HDFC never suggests anything apart from IOCL or moneyback( these cards are useless for me).

I also have an Amex ( recently got ) with a 200k limit and a SBI Cashback with a 122k limit.

I recently got the offer for the hdfc tata neu plus and i took it as i wanted a HDFC card for offers ( they gave a very low limit of only 50k and does not serve my purpose). I only realised later after being introduced to the technofino community that this was a mistake. I believe its now even harder to get a core HDFC card?

I want a HDFC Regalia/Gold card LTF mainly for its lounge benefits and HDFC offers with apple ( as my other cards cover other spends).

I would like suggestions on the strategy I should take to get the above? Should i open a savings account and apply C2C via branch? Will they approve the application even though I own a Neu plus? How many months statement do they require for a C2C application?

The banker seemed to be clueless when I asked this and said he can do it but I still wanted to make use of this strong community and take suggestions on negotiations with them.

Or any other recommendations are also welcome.

I do not have a HDFC savings account and I would prefer if I can apply via C2C and can open a Savings bank account ( please suggest variant ) if need be.

TIA.

Credit age seems be creating an impact. How old is your oldest credit account (credit card, loans, etc)?
Hey @happy_prince_153 , not too old, my oldest account is the icici platinum chip ( 2.5 years).

I have quite a lot of other credit cards apart from the ones mentioned in my initial post ( decent limits) and not that old ( 6m to 1 yr).

No active loans on my cibil, last one was closed in may. But unfortunately due to a mistake on the loan issuers case they marked it as default payment on that loan ( for Rs.50 -_-), that's the only default and no defaults on any of my carda in the 2.5 yr credit history.

Current cibil score is 750 - dropped significantly because of that one wrong mark.

Could this affect the process?

Does HDFC also check number of credit cards held through cibil?

But unfortunately due to a mistake on the loan issuers case they marked it as default payment on that loan ( for Rs.50 -_-), that's the only default and no defaults on any of my carda in the 2.5 yr credit history.
This might be a reason. Hdfc is hesitant like that. Sometimes they themselves don't know what the criteria are!

I'm sorry I will not be of much help in suggesting. I am a newbie myself. From what I have read in forum I have learned that if you have a co brand cc from hdfcthey get slight hesitant to give you their main one. They do make exceptions for a few who have some sort of banking relationship with them.
Kindly do some thinking and reading before canceling.

Thanks @CCnewbie
Any idea how i can go about it now?

Should I close my neu plus and wait for a few months to then apply for a regalia?
I visited a branch and checked with CC guy, he said that you can't own regalia gold and tata neu infinity at the same time since they both are premium cards. Also if you get a co-branded card first they tend to not give you core cards.

He said the only ways i can get regalia gold is
- open a savings account with them since they need customer id to process super premium cards. (no LTF in this case)
- work in an organisation like GS or big MNC (they have a list), and if your company falls under highest tier, they will give regalia gold LTF (CTC > 12L) Corporate Connect and stuff.
- have a premium card from another bank with upwards of 5L CL, which they will use for C2C to give you LTF (still need savings account with them)
- have your college listed with them, which they can use to give you LTF under Alumni Program

you say you have a AMEX card, you can use that C2C with HDFC. Just don't tell them you have tata neu plus. Applying offline has better chances of approval.

Hey @happy_prince_153 , not too old, my oldest account is the icici platinum chip ( 2.5 years).

I have quite a lot of other credit cards apart from the ones mentioned in my initial post ( decent limits) and not that old ( 6m to 1 yr).

No active loans on my cibil, last one was closed in may. But unfortunately due to a mistake on the loan issuers case they marked it as default payment on that loan ( for Rs.50 -_-), that's the only default and no defaults on any of my carda in the 2.5 yr credit history.

Current cibil score is 750 - dropped significantly because of that one wrong mark.

Could this affect the process?

Does HDFC also check number of credit cards held through cibil?
I suggest you keep the oldest account active and wait for few months before reapplying.

I visited a branch and checked with CC guy, he said that you can't own regalia gold and tata neu infinity at the same time since they both are premium cards. Also if you get a co-branded card first they tend to not give you core cards.

He said the only ways i can get regalia gold is
- open a savings account with them since they need customer id to process super premium cards. (no LTF in this case)
- work in an organisation like GS or big MNC (they have a list), and if your company falls under highest tier, they will give regalia gold LTF (CTC > 12L) Corporate Connect and stuff.
- have a premium card from another bank with upwards of 5L CL, which they will use for C2C to give you LTF (still need savings account with them)
- have your college listed with them, which they can use to give you LTF under Alumni Program

you say you have a AMEX card, you can use that C2C with HDFC. Just don't tell them you have tata neu plus. Applying offline has better chances of approval.
Thanks @SahilKr24 , this is greatly helpful.
I have a limit of only 200k on my Amex, so it wont make sense for C2C with that card.

Ill try with my Apay ( 4.2L) limit and see if they can process it.

In the case they cannot, I shall wait till my ICICI crosses the 5L mark and then apply via C2C.

Ill update this post if i get the card.

Thanks @SahilKr24 , this is greatly helpful.
I have a limit of only 200k on my Amex, so it wont make sense for C2C with that card.

Ill try with my Apay ( 4.2L) limit and see if they can process it.

In the case they cannot, I shall wait till my ICICI crosses the 5L mark and then apply via C2C.

Ill update this post if i get the card.
Use Amex for C2C . HDFC will provide u more limit than ur existing limit. Never use Kotak or ICICI cards for C2C in HDFC. HDFC give arbitrary funny limits on them . Against my Apay 4.6l limit , they were offering just 77k.

Back