• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF HDFC Regalia Gold or FYF Diners Club Black?

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
Hello Friends,
I am getting an upgrade offer on my HDFC Indian Oil credit card through virtual RM.

I am looking for health insurance policy for me and my parents.

If I take HDFC Ergo Super Secure Optima (3-year plan) health insurance policy for me and wife, they will give HDFC regalia Gold LTF.
If I take HDFC Ergo Super Secure Optima (3-year plan) health insurance policy for me and wife as well as HDFC Ergo Secure Optima (1 Year plan) for parents, they will give HDFC DCB FYF.

My spends are not much and I think I will not be able to spend 8 lacs a year.
But I have yearly spends of around 2 lacs that I can do through Amazon pay vouchers.

So please help me deciding whether I should go for Regalia Gold LTF or DCB FYF.

(I wish to have Infinia in future. So which card will help me get Infinia in future easily.)

girish3456

TF Premier
Hello Friends,
I am getting an upgrade offer on my HDFC Indian Oil credit card through virtual RM.

If I take HDFC Ergo Super Secure Optima (3-year plan) health insurance policy for me and wife, they will give HDFC regalia Gold LTF.
If I take HDFC Ergo Super Secure Optima (3-year plan) health insurance policy for me and wife as well as HDFC Ergo Secure Optima (1 Year plan) for parents, they will give HDFC DCB FYF.

But I have yearly spends of around 2 lacs that I can do through Amazon pay vouchers.

(I wish to have Infinia in future. So which card will help me get Infinia in future easily.)
To get qualified for Infinia credit card is should be on DCB with minimum 10 lakhs as a card limit & your spends on DCB should be atleast 8 lakhs in 6 last months.

Orelse you need to be getting net salary of 3 lakhs p.m

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

RajeshV

TF Premier
Are you sure you really want Infinia? It is quite the hype, but you can properly use it only if you travel frequently. Also, since you're forced to book on their portals, you usually get worse deals.
Regarding insurance since my company covers my family with some small deductions from salary i am not saavy on that part of insurance
You can't fully depend on your employer's cover for yourself, let alone your family. Always get your own health insurance. If something happens and the company lets you go, you will likely not be able to continue the coverage and will also have trouble getting fresh insurance if any health issues crop up.

Pramit

TF Buzz
Hello Friends,

If you are qualifying the income criteria then your RM can get waiver approval for spend criteria since you are buying 3 years health insurance from them.

Regalia Gold is lucrative if you are able to spend between 5 lacs and 8 Lacs. DCB is lucrative if you are able to spend beyond 8 Lacs. Overall still feel DCB is better due to better reward points and better rewards conversion rate.

@SSV @1RC @venky2607 @batatavada @D₹V @Wealth is my birth right!

I have savings of more than 70 lakh in family account ( me, father and mother)
My father and mother have LTF regalia Gold credit card.
I have LTF hdfc regalia business first credit card. My salary is coming around 3 lakh monthly. I want to get LTF regalia Gold credit card.

My Branch manager is refusing by saying that its only possible if you would have higher spends on credit card. Rest doesnt matter. Even if she ask for approval, it will be rejected.
Is my case really weak? Are lot of spends necessary? Doesn't above salary/deposits/number of accounts is a good criteria for LTF credit card.My manager always remain angry. I said pls try your best. She said, I know what i have to do. She was not at all interested. Any suggestions?

sidp

TF Ace

If you were anyway looking for buying an insurance then go ahead. But ask them a quote beforehand. You can get better deal outside. Find out how much you are paying extra.

With regalia gold you can easily reach fee waiver. So whether they offer fyf or ltf doesn't matter. Are your expenses regular? If you reach 3/4 quarterly milestone and at least 7.5L annual spend regalia gold becomes a good option. You said you won't reach 8L. Regalia gold give flight voucher at 7.5L & bonus rp at 8L. If you reach only 1 or 2 quarterly milestone & 5-6L annual spend. Return isn't good. For spend <6L spend neither regalia gold nor paid dcb any good.

sidp

TF Ace
For 6L spends:

16000rp (5x rp on nykaa, reliance digital, myntra, & useless m&s) you need to calculate how much you buy from these merchants. Also you need to consider that there are many lower level card which gives better return for those spends)

5k flight voucher at 5L spend. Which are already overpriced. So you need to discount them by 20% at least.

1500rs quarterly voucher of marriot/myntra/m&s/reliance digital. Again need to discount by at least 7.5% for myntra. For rest it should be even higher.

Some have reported getting 10k bonus rp at 5L milestone.( product page doesn't specify it)

So 1. Value of quarterly voucher Assuming you reach 2 quarterly milestone.
1500×2× .925= 2775

2. Value of flight voucher
5000×.8 = 4000 max

3. Total rp= 16000+10k= 26k

Gold catalogue is pure waste. 1rp= .2rs for statement balance

0.5 for flight & hotel at smartbuy. Considering the fact that these are overpriced & you can get better deal & cc offer outside. Need to discount by at least 20%
26000×0.5x.8= 10.4k max

In best case scenario = 2775+4k+10.4k = 17175 I.e. 2.86%

This will go even lower as your spend increase feom 6L but can't reach 7.5L.

Dcb will be better option if you plan your spend properly. As you go on to spend more, the gap will increase.

If your Spend stays between 7.5-8.5L regalia gold might beat paid dcb.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace

I have LTF hdfc regalia business first credit card. My salary is coming around 3 lakh monthly. I want to get LTF regalia Gold credit card.

My Branch manager is refusing by saying that its only possible if you would have higher spends on credit card. Rest doesnt matter. Even if she ask for approval, it will be rejected.
Is my case really weak? Are lot of spends necessary? Doesn't above salary/deposits/number of accounts is a good criteria for LTF credit card.My manager always remain angry. I said pls try your best. She said, I know what i have to do. She was not at all interested. Any suggestions?
70L nrv or savings balance?
It should be pretty easy to get with your nrv & Salary. I am talking about dcb/infinnia not regalia gold.

sidp

TF Ace

1st mail to grievance redressal and raise it till pno. They will say no.

Then take out all funds from savings &( no need to break fd). Then mail to MD desk. Tell them if they don't give fyf infinnia or ltf dcb you'll move all your funds.

If they still don't give, take out all funds. Leverage this to get emerald or any other card you wish. Close your hdfc cc. Apply after 3-4 months. You will get dcb at least.

If they still don't give, take out all funds.
Problem is i am not in a position to negotitate since i cant take my funds out. If i take my funds out, i will loose out on interest. There is a penalty on interest on FD's which would cost me more than card price.

sidp

TF Ace
Problem is i am not in a position to negotitate since i cant take my funds out. If i take my funds out, i will loose out on interest. There is a penalty on interest on FD's which would cost me more than card price.
That's why I asked its in savings or fd.

There are so many ways. One route is mail & escalate till pno.

2. Mail md desk
3. Ask cluster head details, if he ignores mail to circle head. With that nrv you can get ltf dcb/ fyf infinnia. You only need a decent rm/bm. You can take out some funds right? take that out. Make savings balance 0 in one strike. System will flag it to rm/bm. When they call, record it. Tell them you are taking out all funds, and till then you'll switch to another branch. They might even abuse/threaten you, that will be even more useful for you.

4. Definitely change branch. She isn't doing you a favour. You are doing her a favour. Negotitate with a different bm, and take it in writing that they will take all necessary approval to upgrade your card to ltf dcb/fyf infinnia.

Last edited:

nomad

TF Premier
Try the below thing first. Ideally, this itself should spur them into action.
Then take out all funds from savings &( no need to break fd). Then mail to MD desk. Tell them if they don't give fyf infinnia or ltf dcb you'll move all your funds.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Friends,

Go with Regalia Gold LTF

Hi Awesome Community, Here's a little bit of update on my case :
1. My manager told me she will try to apply, but not sure if credit card team will approve and i got some service no on my phone (like some normal service request) after 2-3 days. Few days back, got rejection on email and they told me they can give me FYF HDFC bank Biz Grow credit card. Lol. I simply replied to mail making my case that i have this much relationship etc etc but they didnt care

2. I called manager and she told me that approval is not coming from top only. She is not the enemy.

3. I went to ICICI bank asking them about life time free Emeralde credit card and told them that i am ready to open and move funds. They sound very promising but they wanted me first to open account and slowly they will try to make case for above and give it to me. Was not feeling much hopefully while talking there. They said they expect 1 Crore as relationship.

4. I closed securities/demats account of parents 2 days back.

5. Today I have Mailed to MD desk at this email sashi.jagdishan@hdfcbank.com (Hopefully this is correct email) telling in my mail about my service request no, relationship with bank, credit card limit, parents account and also took out all my saving now and its saying Rs 0.4, Rs 0 and Rs 0 in my, father and mother saving account. Only FDS are left in the account.

Lets see what happens now. This is the last stage only.

I can try one thing but all managers almost know each other in a city. I can go to another branch of HDFC and talk with their manager but i am not sure if it will really benefit that manager in case of internal transfer. Will try this on Monday.