• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion regarding closing my only HDFC credit card.

iM23

TF Premier
I have HDFC Business Moneyback credit card which is LTF. This is my only HDFC card. But the thing is I hardly use the card as I have other better cards. Also, I cannot use it on Amazon and Flipkart. So, it's of no use except in one case. Occasionally, HDFC gives cashback offers on the card, like - if I do a transaction of ₹500 using tap and pay, I will get ₹500 back as Amazon, Flipkart etc. gift cards. This happens 2-3 times a year. That is good. But apart from that it's of no use.

Moreover, I want to apply for millennia on card to card basis for which I must have to close this card. But as I came to know from HDFC, to apply for millennia on card to card basis, the card against which I am applying should have at least 1.2 lac limit that I don't have as of now. So, I have not closed the Business Moneyback. But that card feels like a burden to me now just because it is almost useless.

So, should I just close it? And if so, what's the closing process? Can I do that from my cards or I have to call cc?

Thanks in advance.

I have HDFC Business Moneyback credit card which is LTF. This is my only HDFC card. But the thing is I hardly use the card as I have other better cards. Also, I cannot use it on Amazon and Flipkart. So, it's of no use except in one case. Occasionally, HDFC gives cashback offers on the card, like - if I do a transaction of ₹500 using tap and pay, I will get ₹500 back as Amazon, Flipkart etc. gift cards. This happens 2-3 times a year. That is good. But apart from that it's of no use.

Moreover, I want to apply for millennia on card to card basis for which I must have to close this card. But as I came to know from HDFC, to apply for millennia on card to card basis, the card against which I am applying should have at least 1.2 lac limit that I don't have as of now. So, I have not closed the Business Moneyback. But that card feels like a burden to me now just because it is almost useless.

So, should I just close it? And if so, what's the closing process? Can I do that from my cards or I have to call cc?

Thanks in advance.
Now a days hdfc is not giving ltf that easily.

So , call RM and ask for an upgrade as ltf , if you are okay and interested in spend based waiver then they will easily upgrade it.

Now a days hdfc is not giving ltf that easily.

So , call RM and ask for an upgrade as ltf , if you are okay and interested in spend based waiver then they will easily upgrade it.
HDFC is already offering me upgrade to HDFC Bizgrow card which again is a business card. I don't want that.

Also, I don't have an account in HDFC. So, can I just call customer care and request them for upgrade to millennia and that too ltf? I don't think it would be that easy, right?

Back