• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestions: Citibank to Axis account migration

ltf4ever

TF Legend
Hi all,

As citibank in India is taken over by axis, i am getting reminders in my citibank account to either give then consent for merging into axis, or closing the citibank account.

i also have account in axis bank.
i just now came across this piece of news:

BusinessLine: Citibank tech integration to take up to 18 months post acquisition: Axis Bank MD.

i was thinking of moving all my money from citi to axis beforehand and then submit the request for merger. but i am not sure if citi will charge me for non maintenance of minimum balance (not sure if mine is a 0 balance account). i don't want to go through any trouble or have my money frozen just because of some technical glitches as mentioned in the above news article, and also dont want to pay any account balance non maintenance charges.

need suggestions from you all.

thanks!

I am not sure about the product variant in CITI India but if I am considering regular 25K MAB then they can definitely charge you. Moreover, this merger process is going on & they will transfer your KYC to Axis by hook or crook. Hence, Axis may recover the charge from you later. My personal experience with Axis is not a good one, it seems there are numerous other people who are pissed off with Axis's harsh customer support. So, if you don't wanna face any consequences, either maintain balance in Citi else close it officially.

Hi all,

As citibank in India is taken over by axis, i am getting reminders in my citibank account to either give then consent for merging into axis, or closing the citibank account.

i also have account in axis bank.
i just now came across this piece of news:

BusinessLine: Citibank tech integration to take up to 18 months post acquisition: Axis Bank MD.

i was thinking of moving all my money from citi to axis beforehand and then submit the request for merger. but i am not sure if citi will charge me for non maintenance of minimum balance (not sure if mine is a 0 balance account). i don't want to go through any trouble or have my money frozen just because of some technical glitches as mentioned in the above news article, and also dont want to pay any account balance non maintenance charges.

need suggestions from you all.

thanks!
Citi is a very good bank. I hate Axis! Please close the account (ur opinion also matters) and move to HDFC. Ull get pre approved offers and a better customer support. Otherwise u can move ur money to ICICI or SBI. Thanks :)

Back