• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New HDFC Swiggy Credit Card Details Leaked!!!

knight

TF Ace
HDFC Swiggy Credit Card has been discussed for a few days on TFC as well as other communities and articles.

So far, there was no confirmation on the exact features of the card except a few screenshots and rumors.

Finally, the details are out!

The card is an invite-only card as of now available only through Swiggy app - my account section.
It will be available through HDFC bank after some time.

Welcome Benefits:
- Complimentary 3 months Swiggy One Membership.
If the cardholder is already a Swiggy One member, the benefit can be availed by add-on card holder.

Features:
- 10% cashback on spends on the Swiggy app, including food, dineout, genie etc.
Capped at 1500/cycle.

- 5% cashback on listed categories.
(Categories - apparel, dept store, electronics, personal care, local cabs, home decor, pet store & supplies, pharmacy, entertainment)
Capped at 1500/cycle.

- 1% cashback on all other spends.
Excluding wallet, fuel, rent, emi, jewelry, govt. payments.
Capped at 500/cycle.

- Cashback will be credited as Swiggy Money.
- Minimum spend of 100 to avail cashback.

Joining Fee: INR 500 + gst.

Renewal Fee: INR 500 + gst.

Waiver Criteria: Spend 2 lakhs in a year

Lounge Access:
Based on the information shared by HDFC employee and in internal document, there is NO lounge benefit on this card.

Update:
The card details are live on Swiggy App and HDFC Bank website.

Last edited:

KHOPARI

TF Buzz
wudnt it be more beneficial if we wait till oct 1st for RBI card network choice applicability , then choose rupay for using on BHIM app for obivious rot. for waivign fees

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
wudnt it be more beneficial if we wait till oct 1st for RBI card network choice applicability , then choose rupay for using on BHIM app for obivious rot. for waivign fees
:cautious: :cautious: What does this have to do with Swiggy HDFC CC post ?

Swiggy HDFC CC issue only on mastercard network.

You can convert only those cards which are available on the RuPay network.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
:cautious: :cautious: What does this have to do with Swiggy HDFC CC post ?

Swiggy HDFC CC issue only on mastercard network.

You can convert only those cards which are available on the RuPay network.
This we have discussed n number of times... still people just read headlines and assume according to their convenence...
they are thinking from oct 1 , its like free pass to them to switch from whatever to whatever...

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
This we have discussed n number of times... still people just read headlines and assume according to their convenence...
they are thinking from oct 1 , its like free pass to them to switch from whatever to whatever...
Another problem pointed out by the banks.

RBI wants the bank to offer cards on multiple networks (atleast 2 card networks).

Total 1250+ banks available in India and 1000+ banks (or small banks) issue only RuPay debit cards.

Now the problem is these banks can't afford to tieup with Visa/mastercard network.

RBI needs to reconsider its guidelines.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

RBI wants the bank to offer cards on multiple networks (atleast 2 card networks).

Total 1250+ banks available in India and 1000+ banks (or small banks) issue only RuPay debit cards.

Now the problem is these banks can't afford to tieup with Visa/mastercard network.

this is also correct...
They need to categorise the banks according to the size and give exception to the low tier banks

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
this is also correct...
They need to categorise the banks according to the size and give exception to the low tier banks

As you mentioned, it is not one size fits all...
I think they will come up with some sort of solution....

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

They are taking extreme steps just to promote Rupay. And because of this, small banks which only issue Rupay are suffering😂 Gehu k sath ghun bhi pista hai.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If it is on Rupay or Diners - no further option or recommendation from RBI
The issue here, in the case of small banks as mentioned by @Abhishek012 is, they can't afford issue of cards on the 2nd network because of economics...
not the issue of which network... Moreover, RBI could not specify which Network is okay and which is not.. they can formaulate generic rules only.. but indirectly support Rupay but can't specify the network name in the guilelines... is my view...

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
yep, just my thoughts. If it is on Rupay (for those small banks) they don't have to do anything in this case - which saves time and effort. Otherwise whoever can afford Visa/mastercard its easy them to switch another network or support Rupay.

Anyway, will know more about this once these rules starts implementing.
Don't think that can be prescribed by RBI. They can't make rules specifically for Rupay. Only generic guidelines can be issued.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Don't think that can be prescribed by RBI. They can't make rules specifically for Rupay. Only generic guidelines can be issued.
If you guys read rbi guidelines carefully -

3. In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 18 read with Section 10(2) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007), the RBI being satisfied that it is necessary and expedient, in the interest of payment system and public interest, to do so, hereby, directs as under:

1. Card issuers shall not enter into any arrangement or agreement with card networks that restrain them from availing the services of other card networks.
  2. Card issuers shall issue cards across more than one card network.
  3. Card issuers shall provide an option to their eligible customers to choose any one among the multiple card networks. This option may be exercised by customers either at the time of issue or at any subsequent time.

The directions at para 3 (b) and (c) above shall be effective from October 01, 2023.

So, If any card issuer bank enter into any arrangement or agreement with visa/mastercard network for next 100 years before 1st oct, 2023. The card issuing bank may continue to promote its core card network partner till the year 2123. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lucifer69

TF Premier
Hi Guys, My friend got a Swiggy HDFC Card and he got a statement today but he didn't get cashback for a transaction he did use HDFC Swiggy card on someone's else swiggy account. Is there any exception for that ( i.e We will not get cashback for transcations done using our card on other swiggy account ) ?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Hi Guys, My friend got a Swiggy HDFC Card and he got a statement today but he didn't get cashback for a transaction he did use HDFC Swiggy card on someone's else swiggy account. Is there any exception for that ( i.e We will not get cashback for transcations done using our card on other swiggy account ) ?
Merchant name ??

I heard "Bundl Technology......" is not fetching cashback on Swiggy HDFC CC

ashsahu

TF Buzz
Applied & rejected
Maybe coz i already hold millennia & neu infinity
Got the Swiggy card after sending dozens of emails and filling form offline, however how do i link it inside swiggy app as it's still showing the old application as rejected? Again I have to start chain mail to hdfc to get that link option, LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921_094831_Swiggy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230921_094831_Swiggy.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 6

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Today while checking the swiggy app came across a banner for Swiggy HDFC Credit Card with Joining Bonus of ₹300 Swiggy Money.
I think next they'll give ₹500 swiggy money and ultimately FYF and LTF. 😂
What are your thoughts?
Even then, not so much useful..
Doomed to be a failure soon..
Biggest weakest link is, its CB in the form of Swiggy Money..This is the killer feature for it's own demise...

Last edited: