• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Method to Generate OTP for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards - Test and Share Your Experience!

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hello forum members,

I recently stumbled upon a potential method to generate OTPs for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards, which allows for completing Ecommerce transactions. I decided to share my findings with all of you and encourage you to test it out and share your experiences here.

Here's the step-by-step process I followed:

1. When making an online transaction using an HDFC Add-On Credit Card, the OTP is typically sent to the primary cardholder's registered mobile number.
2. However, I discovered that by sending an SMS to 5676712, the add-on cardholder can request a pre-OTP at their own registered mobile number.
3. The SMS format is as follows: "addonpwd_last 4 digits of the card number" (e.g., "addonpwd_1234").
4. Upon sending this SMS, a pre-OTP is generated and sent to the add-on cardholder's registered mobile number.

Please note that I have only been able to receive the pre-OTP through this method. I haven't tested whether this pre-OTP works when entered on the transaction page. Therefore, it would be immensely helpful if those who try it out can provide updates on whether it worked for them or not.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and any further insights you might have regarding this method. Let's collaborate and help each other

Happy testing!

I had written to ceo office and have deleted the email
It was basically a request asking them to solve the OTP problem for add on Ecom transactions
This is what they replied to me. Clearly, there is no consistency on the solution to this issue:

This is with reference to your e-mail dated October 21, 2023 with Subject line: Update mobile number for Add on Credit card holder.
We regret to inform you that we do not have facility to add separate mobile number for addon card holders.
We wish to inform you that primary card holder mobile number can be used for both primary and addon cards.

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you found the information helpful. If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask them here on the Technofino forum. This way, others can benefit from the discussion too. However, if you're more comfortable discussing privately, you can DM me on this forum. Looking forward to helping you out.
How did you get the mobile number updated for the Add on card holder?

Give this guy a medal. Thanks for sharing this! It is gonna be super helpful. Have shared with friends & family as well, all were pretty much annoyed with the weird add on situation.

Hello forum members,

I recently stumbled upon a potential method to generate OTPs for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards, which allows for completing Ecommerce transactions. I decided to share my findings with all of you and encourage you to test it out and share your experiences here.

Here's the step-by-step process I followed:

1. When making an online transaction using an HDFC Add-On Credit Card, the OTP is typically sent to the primary cardholder's registered mobile number.
2. However, I discovered that by sending an SMS to 5676712, the add-on cardholder can request a pre-OTP at their own registered mobile number.
3. The SMS format is as follows: "addonpwd_last 4 digits of the card number" (e.g., "addonpwd_1234").
4. Upon sending this SMS, a pre-OTP is generated and sent to the add-on cardholder's registered mobile number.

Please note that I have only been able to receive the pre-OTP through this method. I haven't tested whether this pre-OTP works when entered on the transaction page. Therefore, it would be immensely helpful if those who try it out can provide updates on whether it worked for them or not.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and any further insights you might have regarding this method. Let's collaborate and help each other

Happy testing!
Looks like HDFC has introduced some method to release OTPs on the online transaction interface itself.

I am now seeing "request add on card OTP" , but hasn't worked for me even upon sharing the correct mobile number shared during the time of add on card registration.

Any idea regarding this new method?

Looks like HDFC has introduced some method to release OTPs on the online transaction interface itself.

I am now seeing "request add on card OTP" , but hasn't worked for me even upon sharing the correct mobile number shared during the time of add on card registration.

Why don't you set a static password using Verified by Visa or mastercard. I have done the same and it is so helpful when I am not able to use OTP.

I have tried and its working fine for me. I have two addon card and otp is being sent to both addon cardmember registered mobile number on clicking on this request add in card OTP and inputting the mobile no.

Back