• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Method to Generate OTP for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards - Test and Share Your Experience!

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hello forum members,

I recently stumbled upon a potential method to generate OTPs for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards, which allows for completing Ecommerce transactions. I decided to share my findings with all of you and encourage you to test it out and share your experiences here.

Here's the step-by-step process I followed:

1. When making an online transaction using an HDFC Add-On Credit Card, the OTP is typically sent to the primary cardholder's registered mobile number.
2. However, I discovered that by sending an SMS to 5676712, the add-on cardholder can request a pre-OTP at their own registered mobile number.
3. The SMS format is as follows: "addonpwd_last 4 digits of the card number" (e.g., "addonpwd_1234").
4. Upon sending this SMS, a pre-OTP is generated and sent to the add-on cardholder's registered mobile number.

Please note that I have only been able to receive the pre-OTP through this method. I haven't tested whether this pre-OTP works when entered on the transaction page. Therefore, it would be immensely helpful if those who try it out can provide updates on whether it worked for them or not.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and any further insights you might have regarding this method. Let's collaborate and help each other

Happy testing!

Back