• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Swiggy HDFC Credit Card

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Has anyone else recieved an invite for Swiggy HDFC Credit Card?
I have got the invite via swiggy app and also in my email but I think it is not allowing me to apply as I already have 2 HDFC credit cards.
The 10 Percent dineout discount makes this card worth it if the card has no or low annual fees.

------ Edit By @TechnoFino ------

HDFC Bank is set to launch a co-branded credit card in collaboration with Swiggy. Currently, the card is not available on the HDFC Bank website.

Expected features of the card include:
  • 10% cashback on Swiggy orders, including Instantmart and dineout, in addition to other ongoing discount offers.
  • 5% cashback on selected online merchants.
  • 1% cashback on all other transactions.

Please note that there may be a capping limit, but the full terms and conditions are yet to be disclosed.
The anticipated range for card fees is between Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000.
Swiggy has already started sending invitations and informational emails to customers who are pre-eligible for the card.
Apply for this credit card: https://bit.ly/TFHDFCSW

Screenshot_20230703_092846_Gmail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this tell me which merchants? Do they expect the customer to look for MCC codes for each merchant like what's for Ola what's for Tata 1MG so on and so forth before spending. Really bad user experience and marketing. Does someone has a more human understandable list of merchants? Thanks in advance.
You cannot guess cashback percentages based on payment gateways or merchant names as banks tag cashback cappings according to MCC only.

How does this tell me which merchants? Do they expect the customer to look for MCC codes for each merchant like what's for Ola what's for Tata 1MG so on and so forth before spending. Really bad user experience and marketing. Does someone has a more human understandable list of merchants? Thanks in advance.
This has been done deliberately to overcome any changes done by merchant. Every bank is following suit.

HDFC selected MCC very Carefully.

Always do direct payments on Apps without using any third party wallet.

Like for Ola if you direct Payment it will definitely gives Cashback

If you load ola wallet first and then Make the payment using wallet then no Cashback.

Broad Categories are already defined so do txns at only such merchants.

This has been done deliberately to overcome any changes done by merchant. Every bank is following suit.
Then I refuse to do this maths, every time I go out there to swipe my card. For majority the 5 pc cashback will be non existent in such a case. SBI Cashback card and Millennia are better this ways atleast one doesn't need to do all this maths before spending every single time.

HDFC selected MCC very Carefully.

Always do direct payments on Apps without using any third party wallet.

Like for Ola if you direct Payment it will definitely gives Cashback

If you load ola wallet first and then Make the payment using wallet then no Cashback.

Broad Categories are already defined so do txns at only such merchants.
Also try to avoid Paytm and RazorPay payment gateways as much as possible as they tag different MCC sometimes.

Also try to avoid Paytm and RazorPay payment gateways as much as possible as they tag different MCC sometimes.
Swiggy Khud Razorpay ka Gateway use karta hai🤣🤣

MCC correct hi use karte hai Gateways .
Yeh toh rare chance ho jaate hai ki wrong MCC tag kardi.

Mne rarely dekha hai wrong MCC ka case except Hotel and Flight Booking apps using Railway MCC for even flight tickets

Ye bred kab expire hojaye koi bharosa ni h😂
Mne toh acche se nichoda hai bred ko.

Last month offer diya thha 100 cashback on 1500 swiggy Instamart payment

Mne Bred pay ke Airtel use kiya.
10% bhi mila 1500 ka aur bred ne 100 diye woh alag Aur toh aur 120 off waala coupon bhi use ho gaya .

Triple Sauce m dip karke khai mne Bred last month

Usse phle 3 times deta thha same offer 1000 ki txn pe.

Mne toh Bred ka expiry se phle achhe se use kar liya hai.

This month Bred Expiry ho gaya kyuki this month 100 Cashback waala offer hi nhi diya.

10% bhi mila 1500 ka aur bred ne 100 diye woh alag Aur toh aur 120 off waala coupon bhi use ho gaya .

This month Bred Expiry ho gaya kyuki this month 100 Cashback waala offer hi nhi diya.
Bred Heist

Yeh bred kya cheez hai kabhi naam nahi suna 😅

See you were initally hesitant to ask HDFC the reason for your card refusal but @Tejo , @VISHESH_BANSAL etc, kept on pressing you to ask for the reason and now you know the silly reason to reject... I think now you know the uses of feedback..
Technically , even in Job interviews also they need to give feed back for not hiring you, if you ask for the feedback so that you will know what is expceted of you from the prospective employer...
Document haven't reached their office yer but got this mail. 3 days ago got message about card rejection and today this. What are they doing with the application?
Screenshot_2023-08-04-19-52-51-61_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Back