• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas New to Atlas - Queries

Siva05

TF Buzz
I'm new to Atlas. But, i understood that it gives 5EM/100 on direct bookings & Travel edge.

Karnataka RSTC Bus booking will be calculated as Direct bus booking or Govt institutions?

Also NPS will be considered as Govt institutions, is it?

If we buy Gift cards , will we get 2EM? Where to buy, shall I directly buy from Amazon/Flipkart

May I know if any tricks to do excluded category transactions like NPS , Jewellery & Utilities?

Solution
Karnataka RSTC Bus booking will be calculated as Direct bus booking or Govt institutions?
A. Government

Also NPS will be considered as Govt institutions, is it?
A. Government

If we buy Gift cards , will we get 2EM? Where to buy, shall I directly buy from Amazon/Flipkart
A. 2 edge miles . Buy directly from Amazon

May I know if any tricks to do excluded category transactions like NPS , Jewellery & Utilities
A. You will not get any miles for the excluded categories which you can check on the Axis Bank website.

Please mark this as your solution by clicking the ✔️ at the bottom right of the answer
Not sure. i purchase amazon gift voucher to do the utility payments which gurantees 4% airmiles back
I do the utility payments like electricity, broadband etc. by using Amazon voucher.
But this payment is community specific and through the ADDA app. This does not support Amazon pay, also this bill cannot be payed from Amazon.

I am also new to the Atlas eco-system and had a query. I got around 2000 miles for staying at a hotel and then I converted it into EMI from Axis App. Post conversion the miles were taken back by Axis. I enquired from Axis customer care and they said this is bank policy. I have cards from other banks and I understand that if you take EMI direclty from POS then you are not awarded points but if you are converting directly from bank and paying interest on it then you get to keep your reward points (amex, hdfc). Does anybody else have experience or insights on this?

I am also new to the Atlas eco-system and had a query. I got around 2000 miles for staying at a hotel and then I converted it into EMI from Axis App. Post conversion the miles were taken back by Axis. I enquired from Axis customer care and they said this is bank policy. I have cards from other banks and I understand that if you take EMI direclty from POS then you are not awarded points but if you are converting directly from bank and paying interest on it then you get to keep your reward points (amex, hdfc). Does anybody else have experience or insights on this?
Any kind of EMI does not give Points/Miles is what I understand.

You can and should read T&C for the card. It will clarify. Iirc converted transactions do not fetch EMs

How does the air mile transfer on atlas work?

First i go on partner website , for eg, air india, create an account, then on travel edge, i link member using air india member, then i transfer my points to the partner, how much time does this take?

I read somewhere that for a flight costing 5k, i would be requiring different no. Of airmiles on different partners like airasia, spicejet,etc. how do i check that?

And how is this practical given the flight prices are volatile, suppose today i compare prices between all partners and transfer miles to the cheapest partner, but when the points actually gets transferred, some other partner is cheaper, so how do you guys manage that?

Back