• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Next best credit card from SBI after Club Vistara Prime devaluation

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi, I just closed my SBI Club Vistara Prime card today, which came up for renewal tomorrow, since it was 1 day away from renewal they didn't offered me any retention benefit (they were saying wait for few months for any offer to be visible and were just offering 250 points for now.) And they didn't offer to upgrade/downgrade to any other card.

And they were not aware how this card would change after the Air India merger, so with so much uncertainty and many devaluations recently (Rent and Govt payments), it didn't made any sense to wait further, i finally decided to close it.Though it was the only SBI credit card i had, even then i decided to close this card.

With so many offers and discounts coming on SBI credit card network i am keen to maintain one SBI credit card, Can any one suggest the next best card in current scenario other than SBI Cash back card. Thanks

Hi, I just closed my SBI Club Vistara Prime card today, which came up for renewal tomorrow, since it was 1 day away from renewal they didn't offered me any retention benefit (they were saying wait for few months for any offer to be visible and were just offering 250 points for now.) And they didn't offer to upgrade/downgrade to any other card.

And they were not aware how this card would change after the Air India merger, so with so much uncertainty and many devaluations recently (Rent and Govt payments), it didn't made any sense to wait further, i finally decided to close it.Though it was the only SBI credit card i had, even then i decided to close this card.

With so many offers and discounts coming on SBI credit card network i am keen to maintain one SBI credit card, Can any one suggest the next best card in current scenario other than SBI Cash back card. Thanks
SBI Simply Click or Save for instant discount offers.

Yes, SC or SS will be fine. Ask them to downgrade your currently closed card..
I could not get my CL back from my recently closed sbi card as it was permanently closed
So act quick before they permanently close your card.
Even i committed the same mistake:cry:, now the card is permanently closed, I had 3.79 L limit, now on applying for new card, they will reassess the credit limit to be offered? If yes then i will wait for a month to reassess what card i need.

• Sad
Reactions: SSV
Even i committed the same mistake:cry:, now the card is permanently closed, I had 3.79 L limit, now on applying for new card, they will reassess the credit limit to be offered? If yes then i will wait for a month to reassess what card i need.
I lost 1.15 L limit which was split away from my original CB card like that . Very sad

Why would you close SBI vistara prime before renewal when you would've gotten a premium economy ticket on renewal? It's essentially a LTF card, if you have even one flight ticket requirement annually.

Why would you close SBI vistara prime before renewal when you would've gotten a premium economy ticket on renewal? It's essentially a LTF card, if you have even one flight ticket requirement annually.
If i remember correctly though club Vistara benefits are available on renewal, but you only get one upgrade voucher, but not the complimentary ticket voucher. It is only IDFC and Axis which offer these benefits. Please correct me if i am wrong. Besides it had lost utility for me once Govt spends and rent were taken out.

Last edited:
If i remember correctly though club Vistara benefits are available on renewal, but you only get one upgrade voucher, but not the complimentary ticket voucher. It is only IDFC and Axis which offer these benefits. Please correct me if i am wrong. Besides it had lost utility for me once Govt spends and rent were taken out.
Unfortunately, you are wrong. SBI too offers complimentary ticket on renewal.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. SBI too offers complimentary ticket on renewal.
I reached out to customer service head for reactivation of the card, that was flatly refused on a call received from their team, She said i can apply afresh now. Can you apply afresh the same card or there is a cooling off period for SBI cards? Her answer on cooling off period was not convincing, She said give it a try, if request is denied then cooling off period applies.

I am not sure, though 15 days have gone by since i closed the card, don't want to drag it further by 3 month, if i have to get any basic card from SBI
@SSV

I reached out to customer service head for reactivation of the card, that was flatly refused on a call received from their team, She said i can apply afresh now. Can you apply afresh the same card or there is a cooling off period for SBI cards? Her answer on cooling off period was not convincing, She said give it a try, if request is denied then cooling off period applies.

I am not sure, though 15 days have gone by since i closed the card, don't want to drag it further by 3 month, if i have to get any basic card from SBI
@SSV
You can try offline through agent.

@SSV
Update : Applied card today again through sprint directly and it was approved immediately, with a message that card will be dispatched within 2-7 days, only downside, earlier limit was Rs 3.78 L and now it is Rs 2.48 L exactly Rs 1.10 Lower as @SSV you experienced, I realized card still holds value, if you get one premium economy voucher for Rs 2999 joining fee.

Reactions: SSV
Back