• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Nice gesture from KOTAK

RAMESH BABU N

TF Legend
A real nice gesture from KOTAK.
Totally unexpected n really pleasant.

An email for me for having successfully completed ONE YEAR of my 811 account with them.

The given link throws up many offers. As usual, I am not interested in those offers (some of them are too good, but I don't need them).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227-170100.png
    Screenshot_20240227-170100.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 250
HDFC app is good as well. Indus is the worst in technology. And yes ICICI app crashes a lot.
Its good not better than kotk.
On kotak apo there's individual section for bank account, cc, dc. Cc section is most elaborate, you can track milestone, rewards, card specific offers pretty much everything. you can even reduce your CL from the app itself.

HDFC is good, simple lightweight app, but it lacks some features, credit card section has limited features, you hv to visit mycards to access full features, even to redeem, the app will take you to their reward portal after logging off from app..

Its good not better than kotk.
On kotak apo there's individual section for bank account, cc, dc. Cc section is most elaborate, you can track milestone, rewards, card specific offers pretty much everything. you can even reduce your CL from the app itself.

HDFC is good, simple lightweight app, but it lacks some features, credit card section has limited features, you hv to visit mycards to access full features, even to redeem, the app will take you to their reward portal after logging off from app..
True, lately HDFC has introduced a lot of services through their website. Would've better if they added into the app.

And I don't understand why everyone keeps praising ICICI for their tech when they have the worst app. I used ICICI just for two days, and their app crashed almost everytime I tried to use any of the option. Plus they had the worst txn narration😂

True, lately HDFC has introduced a lot of services through their website. Would've better if they added into the app.

And I don't understand why everyone keeps praising ICICI for their tech when they have the worst app. I used ICICI just for two days, and their app crashed almost everytime I tried to use any of the option. Plus they had the worst txn narration😂
Nothing is interesting in ICICI except cutting edge technology 🤡

Icici used to be best, but other banks updated and improved their apps.
Icici still using the same old base and keeps adding more junk on it instead of simplifying.

I would categorize HDFC as minimal layout (good for less tech savvy people)
Kotak has feature rich grid layout.

Probably, my average balance of 1 Lakh plus ALWAYS.
AMB is 1 lac+, though you're holding 811 (0 bal. SA) instead Edge or Privy, what could be the reason?

Plus, 3 CCs.
Would like to name the credit cards? Let me guess:

League or Zen

Kotak-Myntra

White Reserve or Virtual Rupay, confirm and correct me.

Many UPI trxns each month.
Ohh great so you're using Kotak as Primary bank or atleast for payments?

All this could be the reason.
May be but since it's an anniversary gratitude towards 811 customers, I think everyone account holder should receive, don't know how the algorithm works.🙂

My little suggestion to banking app developers:
Instead of adding everything in the app, just launch the app with basic functionalities, totally Lite weight and let the customers add the additional functionalities they want via some extentions or something.
I differ a lil bit, usually we use Mobile Banking instead Internet Banking and we don't want to use several apps for several features, like, for UPI one app, for CC one app, for statments one app and all. Adding extension in browser for banking is not good in in my opinion.

eSports apps are too heavy, mostly in GB though manageable and runs smoothly.

Banks should employ good developers and CTO to head the tech part properly, I think, this is because of carelessness and putting inferior priority on this.

It is foolish to have ALL 130+ products in ONE app. Each product having hundreds of features or sub products (like SBs or CCs). One app for ALL customers, across the Bank results in clutter, buggy n creates aversion.

Most customers need max 4-5 products. Let them choose what they want. Why spam them with 100s of icons when only 5 are what they need EVER.

I hate to see flight tickets, bus tickets, movie tickets, shopping readymade dresses, recharges.... and such category icons in a core banking app. And, reducing my banking dealings to just 1 icon. Absolutely illogical n stupid way of designing.

These apps - more so banking apps - should have the home page with max customization. Less scrolling to do n less digging in to do.

As an user, I want quick n slick app - suited to my style with only features what I need. Not, what they offer.

Does look a little happy but glad it made you happy!

Improving the offers choices as per the targeted customers could be another great step.

AMB is 1 lac+, though you're holding 811 (0 bal. SA) instead Edge or Privy, what could be the reason?

Would like to name the credit cards? Let me guess:

League or Zen

Kotak-Myntra

White Reserve or Virtual Rupay, confirm and correct me.

Ohh great so you're using Kotak as Primary bank or atleast for payments?

May be but since it's an anniversary gratitude towards 811 customers, I think everyone account holder should receive, don't know how the algorithm works.🙂
All general expenses n all UPI payments - thru this one account (with no DC and no cheques). All CC payments thru HDFC SB MAX. I don't need anything else.

ZEN Signature
Virtual Rupay
IOCL Rupay

I differ a lil bit, usually we use Mobile Banking instead Internet Banking and we don't want to use several apps for several features, like, for UPI one app, for CC one app, for statments one app and all. Adding extension in browser for banking is not good in in my opinion.

eSports apps are too heavy, mostly in GB though manageable and runs smoothly.

Banks should employ good developers and CTO to head the tech part properly, I think, this is because of carelessness and putting inferior priority on this.
I didn't say to to make different app for different functionalities rather let the user download the functionalities in the same app.

Like downloading a gaming skin in a game.
Adding new extension (addon) in the browser.

Back