• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No more double dip on HDFC Credit Cards

are bhai
it is not like hdfc gives this out of their pocket
they rip off merchants in the name of mdr and finnancially illliterate customers and give us the rewards from their emis

So, how else are the contents of 'pockets' of banks supposed to be generated, where we don't have as legitimate a right to the shares of the spoils?! :)

I would still use it for chargeback protection (not my money I'm spending) and 45-day interest free loan.

Any rewards, perks and cashback are a bonus.
agreed
but the financially literate people who see interest free credit as a oppurtunity cost are very few
95% of ccs issued are because of the rewards system
not 1 co branded card would have been sold hadnt it been for the rewards and non cash perks it offer

This is for DCB.
In the recent statement, there were some points adjusted/lapsed. (Not because of unused RP after 24 months)
I inquired with support and found this out:
I did a transaction on Ease my trip in April 2023, using HDFC discount (HDFCEMT). They had awarded the RPs then but have now reversed those.

EMT offer T&C: https://www.easemytrip.com/offers/hdfc-bank.html
Was visible on Smartbuy as well: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/diners/offer_details/easemytrip/19253/ZmylmGY=
but 404 now
No mention of "RP will not be credited in case discount is availed"
Their transaction description said: RP Rev EaseMyTrip Apr 23 Discount Txn

1. Not sure if it is just me or happening with others as well.
2. Not sure if these transactions will accrue RPs in future.
3. This also puts these transactions in question for monthly milestone (or I may be overthinking)
If anyone else has observed this, please add.

I think they may be following the footsteps of their competitor SBI Cards. I think they might consider it for monthly milestone but no RPs will be given for instant discount offers.

Truly shocking to know. New fear unlocked.

Back