• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No more First Year Free cards from Amex referrals and Changes to Annual Fee pricing for Amex Mrcc

Seems like they're experimenting!

As an AmEx insider mentioned that the Platinum Charge fees are about to rise as well which we don't see here.
MRCC looks good for first year but would be hard to continue with those fees for the second year.

Plat Travel looks like a good option since now we get 12K MR points right after joining, which should get people to learn more about the redemption.
And with more points, hopefully, they will add more options and places to redeem the points for!

That's so sad. I had planned 2 platinum travel cards for the family after September 15
You now get 10,000 additional MR points with the Travel card, so it's actually better.

People pay ₹6000 on renewal to get the same points while you can get them for just ₹3500 and the 2000 Bonus points so in total, you get 12,000 MR points on joining! :)

This is bad news for me I planned to get a MRCC via referral But I think it's over now...

I don't know much about amex cards and I don't regularly travel My travel spends are very less
What to choose Now
1. MRCC
2. Gold
3. plat Travel

This is bad news for me I planned to get a MRCC via referral But I think it's over now...

I don't know much about amex cards and I don't regularly travel My travel spends are very less
What to choose Now
1. MRCC
2. Gold
3. plat Travel
Take gold or plat travel, that's still worth it and profitable on paying joining fee plus the regular benefits every month, at least can be considered for the initial 1 year. Also, with gold, you can have your puppy's hair spa at Truefitt and Hills salon.

What to choose Now
1. MRCC
2. Gold
3. plat Travel
Two options:

1. Take MRCC only for one year.
2. Take Plat Travel for long-term use if your spends are more than 25K per month
(MR points don't expire so keep saving them until your next trip)

DM me your expenses and we can plan out the best card for you! :)

I guess every 2 months they keep changing
Around May they were offering some explorer's kit
Around july they were offering 12k MRs as referral benefit
Now this
He is asking more on referree 's view point here because that's where amex is cost cutting on levying joining fee or reducing welcome points from time to time.
Referral benefits are like consistent since last 2 years. 8k points + complimentary (cards, explorer kit,extra 4kpoints )
Only Pre-covid they used to award 10k points to the referrer

Back