• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No more First Year Free cards from Amex referrals and Changes to Annual Fee pricing for Amex Mrcc

What's the point of taking plat travel any more with referal when I am getting an upgrade in the app itself from mrcc with 2000 amazon voucher and 10000MR points for 3500 joining fees.
yes plat travel is always better to take as an upgrade offer vs referral. Even I had done same 2 years back.

Seems like they're experimenting!

As an AmEx insider mentioned that the Platinum Charge fees are about to rise as well which we don't see here.
MRCC looks good for first year but would be hard to continue with those fees for the second year.

Plat Travel looks like a good option since now we get 12K MR points right after joining, which should get people to learn more about the redemption.
And with more points, hopefully, they will add more options and places to redeem the points for!
MRCC still has fee waiver on spends above ₹150k in a year.

What will happen to us who already have MRCC, will our renewal fees will be new one(4500). Or for already MRCC holder it will be same as before 1500?
No new fee structure will be only for new applications. Old holders will continue to have old free structure which they were communicated at time of application.

Bonus points are back but FYF offer is gone . 3rd Sep to 22nd Oct.

View attachment 67240

View attachment 67241
View attachment 67242
Now Amex Gold charge card become the best of the three, giving 10.71% return in the 1st year, mainly because of the 5x points.
Pay 1180, get 6k points by spending 15k in 90 days.
Then get 1600 points on buying 6 x 1000 Amazon pay every month on Gyftr

But close it once you reach 18k points to get 6k Amazon pay.
Don't pay 5900 renewal fee for second year

Last edited:
Today I was looking to refer my brother and stumbled upon the fact that Amex is no longer offering First-year-Free cards to the referee which was the case before.

Old Pricing via Referral:

Amex Mrcc: First year Free
Second year onwards, 1500+gst
(Full fee waiver on spends of 150,000)

Amex Platinum Travel First year Free Second year onwards, 5000+gst

New Pricing for Referral:

Amex Mrcc 1500+gst for First year
Second year onwards 4500+gst
(Full fee waiver on spends of 150,000)

Amex Platinum Travel 3500+gst for First year
Second year onwards, 5000+gst

Pricing for Amex Gold remains unchanged