• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NO REWARD POINTS ON HDFC BILLPAY DIRECTLY- RENTALBBPSNO

My analysis i have got reward points for BOB where as din't get for SC and AMEX
Amex am hoping i might still but for sure no on SC
I spoke to branch and they said rent is MCC

For debit card they need take details on statement and manually find in Visa MCC

as per all the replies, there’s No Clarity, what’s happening, Not Sure which site can be used for getting 1%. Members saying, can’t get MCC for DC, But when I asked for MCC they raised a service Request, probably will get, Can’t give MCC for DC As a reply(wishing other way around ). I think even Customer Care employees won’t aware of this issue, It may seem pretty much new issue to the support team. I THINK BACKEND/tech team still not informed the customer support team that they messed up intentionally/unintentionally

as per all the replies, there’s No Clarity, what’s happening, Not Sure which site can be used for getting 1%. Members saying, can’t get MCC for DC, But when I asked for MCC they raised a service Request, probably will get, Can’t give MCC for DC As a reply(wishing other way around ). I think even Customer Care employees won’t aware of this issue, It may seem pretty much new issue to the support team. I THINK BACKEND/tech team still not informed the customer support team that they messed up intentionally/unintentionally
always bank employees have deep knowledge on their products they have pamphlet details only
lets see on MON whether rent in DC gets rewards or not

Guys, RENTALBBPSNO is the same merchant that got tagged after Redgiraffe patch. So we can safely assume the MCC is for RENT PAYMENTS

Things were fine til 15th July; got points even for failed SBI card bill payments back then. RENTALBBPSNO is appearing for the recent bill payments; looks like someone has intentionally messed it up.

Slightly off topic: I am currently using HDFC platinum Visa debit card, I want to change it to Millennia through Debit card upgrade options available in app. Will I be charged Issuance charges or any other charges?( Account type Savings Max 25000 maintenance)

Slightly off topic: I am currently using HDFC platinum Visa debit card, I want to change it to Millennia through Debit card upgrade options available in app. Will I be charged Issuance charges or any other charges?( Account type Savings Max 25000 maintenance)
no charge for max acc

Last edited:
Someone please give us all a breath of relief by saying they recieved points :rolleyes: . So much tension waiting for results whether this works or not.

What is the TAT for the credit of the CB? Has anyone escalated to HDFC senior management/grievance redressal?
Also, MCC code is set by whom, the merchant (in case of SBI Unipay or Jio Finance) or HDFC?

TAT is: when they feel like.
Cannot be. The DC T&C must specify a max period for the CB credit
No we didn't escalate. Please let us know if you decide to escalate it
I need to know how long to wait before escalation. Also, my HDFC CC payments done using HDFC DC through SBI Unipay on 21st July are showing as POS 41XXXXXXXXXXXX31 SBIUNIPAYDBCard, 1% CB credited on 23rd July

Cannot be. The DC T&C must specify a max period for the CB credit

I need to know how long to wait before escalation. Also, my HDFC CC payments done using HDFC DC through SBI Unipay on 21st July are showing as POS 41XXXXXXXXXXXX31 SBIUNIPAYDBCard, 1% CB credited on 23rd July
We didn’t find any TAT for 1% CB on Credit card bill payments anywhere in the Temrs and conditions…
I had not seen it and I had not read anywhere on this forum about this ..
Please let us know if you find any of this info..
Thanks

Although there are no charges since its a downgrade from your current platinum DC, but you will not be able to do it from the app or the site. Either you will receive the same platinum or the process will fail. Only way is to visit your nearest branch and get your Millennia.
But in app Millennia debit card is showing as an upgrade options?

But in app Millennia debit card is showing as an upgrade options?
If you have easyshop platinum debit card, still app will show you same card is available for upgrade. That is how app upgrade shows. Millennia also one of the option given by app for upgrade.

Okay finished the call ..
as we know these ladies are junior resources..

She said no MCC s can be seen by her as it was a DC transaction.. okay I agreed with that and moved on..

then I asked her
what is the difference in the descpriton between
RENTALBBPSNO
and
BBPSBILLPAY
even though I did the same transaction type ie. paying CC bill using HDFC DC via HDFC Bill pay protal..

for that she went to her senior for 10 minutes.. and came back:
"sorry dont worry.. because of some technical issue it is showing that descritption and blah blah..."

Essetntially what I udnerstood from this call.. the descrptions are not correctly indicating the correctness of transactions.

The workflow is important here.. and we paid the CC bills via HDFC billpay portal and nothing has changed about how HDFC treats this payment..

We will get our 1% CB.. is my gut feel...
Email to HDFC nodal officer ripal.sheth@hdfcbank.com .
Whenever I need MCC I contact them, they are really kind enough to share the MCC within 8-10 days.

Actually No one can directly see MCC for DC transactions in HDFC. They escalate it to some backend team which in turn then shares a detailed pdf of all transaction details in which MCC is also mentioned along with many other details of merchant and customer. It takes time, cx care guys don't know about it, that's why they are not going to help. Nodal team can only help. If they reply you back saying that this is not possible, then ask them specially for a lady named
Vinita R.
Customer Service Manager
Principal Nodal Officer Desk
HDFC Bank Ltd.

She has helped me many times, she will do it for you without any fuss.

Last edited:
Back