• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not able to pay ICICI bill

I know it's a popular opinion across the CC community. But I never thought ICICI CCs were trash. I have saved a lot during sales, on food orders, and on grocery orders.

They said they won't charge any money. Since you also have a salary account with them. I don't think they would change any money.
ICICI cards are good for 4 reasons
1. They give good limits very easily
2. Regularly available bank offers
3. Amazon pay credit card
4. Upgrading will never deactivate your lower tier card which means more limits in terms of cibil = lower utilisation ratio

They are bad for 3 reasons
1. They give good limits very easily so when you go c2c route icici is usually not valued as much
2. Their reward rate is utter nonsense
3. Atleast upto Rubyx , you have to spend 100 rs as redemption fee which is even more shitty.

I know it's a popular opinion across the CC community. But I never thought ICICI CCs were trash. I have saved a lot during sales, on food orders, and on grocery orders.

They said they won't charge any money. Since you also have a salary account with them. I don't think they would change any money.
Sir, I meant trash in the sense beyond 2 cards, or non real premium cards.
There's no use of holding beyond 2 cards under emerald as they don't have any other benefit except e-commerce sales.

And thanks for the charge input, I'll also call them today, and share with thnr my situation.

4. Upgrading will never deactivate your lower tier card which means more limits in terms of cibil = lower utilisation ratio

1. They give good limits very easily so when you go c2c route icici is usually not valued as much
3. Atleast upto Rubyx , you have to spend 100 rs as redemption fee which is even more shitty.
Meant the same, beyond 2 cards trash. Except emerald ofc.

I see the new replaced Apay card in imobile app and have reset pin and I could see bill for it in SBI unipay now.
Thank you so much sir, and you'll receive the new physical card too aswell right?

After which the old one can be destroyed.

I sent an email on 23rd August for this same issue. Got a callback in a few hours; they issued a replacement card for AmazonPay free of charge.

The new number started reflecting in the app in a few minutes. Got the physical card in 2 days as well.

Note - I do not have any other relation with ICICI apart from their CCs.

I sent an email on 23rd August for this same issue. Got a callback in a few hours; they issued a replacement card for AmazonPay free of charge.

The new number started reflecting in the app in a few minutes. Got the physical card in 2 days as well.

Thanks for info. I might call them tomorrow, as I couldnt get time today.
Will update my experience too.

I see the new replaced Apay card in imobile app and have reset pin and I could see bill for it in SBI unipay now.

Hi all, I called ICICI customer care last week with the issue that my apay card number is similar to rubyx hence I am unable to pay bill.

The executive told me they can't change number of apay as there are billed transactions on it, but could do it for rubyx as there were no transactions, hence I went ahead.
One day later I could see the number of rubyx has changed, and I requested them to close my coral and that change can be seen as well, but still on unipay bbps when I put last 4 digits of apay, it says multiple cards associated.

Please tell me what to do, I called them on 6th of september for this request, and I am still not able to pay.

Hi all, I called ICICI customer care last week with the issue that my apay card number is similar to rubyx hence I am unable to pay bill.

The executive told me they can't change number of apay as there are billed transactions on it, but could do it for rubyx as there were no transactions, hence I went ahead.
One day later I could see the number of rubyx has changed, and I requested them to close my coral and that change can be seen as well, but still on unipay bbps when I put last 4 digits of apay, it says multiple cards associated.

Please tell me what to do, I called them on 6th of september for this request, and I am still not able to pay.
You should have stuck to your ground that a replacement card needs to be sent. that was the straightforward solution. Now you have to talk to them again and try to resolve from their side. Or , forget that you will get the cashback this month and directly pay the bill via imobile app itself.

You should have stuck to your ground that a replacement card needs to be sent. that was the straightforward solution. Now you have to talk to them again and try to resolve from their side. Or , forget that you will get the cashback this month and directly pay the bill via imobile app itself.
I tried sir, but the executive seemed to be unaware himself, wanted me to pay through app, and had to hold call several times to ask his manager himself.
Should I give them a call again to change apay card too?

Sir, I just checked BBPS again, the new rubyx number works, and the Coral I cancelled also works, but apay doesn't work.

Just called them sir, the executive this time didn't waste any of my time, I told her the situation and what the other executive did, and she told me that for number change she needs to block the current card, and then she'll issue a new one and I won't be charged anything. I was ok with it, and she approved it.

Now, finally my new number will be active on the app by evening and I would be able to pay bill in a day or two.

Sir I also wanted to ask that, I saw on indusind app credit card menu, they give option for tap to pay using card and samsung watch/phone seperately.
Can I also do this to ICICI? Like disable the card's own NFC but keep my Galaxy watch tap to pay on?
And in case I turn it off completely, then my transactions would decline, or just require pin? I am fine with using the pin, I just dont want to hand my card to the cashier and by using the watch, I am able to do so.

And thank you so much for your help.

SIr, now I've got another issue, these (good words) people at ICICI issued Apay card with same digits again.
What to do?

SIr, now I've got another issue, these (good words) people at ICICI issued Apay card with same digits again.
What to do?
My best suggestion would be to just forget the 1% cashback and pay your bill via imobile app.

Then send an email to customer care complaining about why they dispatched / reissued an amazon pay with same number . If they don't fix , keep escalating.

My best suggestion would be to just forget the 1% cashback and pay your bill via imobile app.

Then send an email to customer care complaining about why they dispatched / reissued an amazon pay with same number . If they don't fix , keep escalating.
Got it, will follow the same, thanks

Back