• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Now link Add-on RuPay Credit Card on UPI on separate mobile numbers

Hi guys, I am not able to configure upi on add-on card (HDFC TATA Neu, different card number than primary card). Phone no of add-on member is correctly updated ( getting OTPs on it only). Anything else to be done here?
error - Not able to find any card associated with this no.

@ThriftyPlasticPundit .. can you pls confirm if this is all needed? I will put a query to HDFC then. Thanks in advance.
What will you have to do? Change the mobile number form? But top is already coming to add on number only right?

i dont think it is linked to different number, you will need to ask hdfc nodal to update then add on number will see.

as far i know, you can't apply add on with different mobile number. atleast for me, there wasn't any option in net banking
True...it is not asking for the mobile no... and based on customer ID it assigns. I am assuming since the OTPs for normal transactions are coming on the add on mobile no( and on primary card the OTPs are coming on my ie primary no)...then that's it.

You are suggesting to send mobile no update form to Nodal team? No harm in trying... will do.

Was your add on card initially has the same number as primary? I heard that recently the add in cards too come to add on mobile number, even in such scenario, do we have to change the number using form to link it to add in holder UPI?
Some one in the comments above said, even if the top is coming to add in mobile, it’s not visible for UPI registration for add on holder
it should be primary number, hdrc had no way to find out or take your request then you do reach out to hdfc to update add on mobile number.

it won't show up in upi unless they do perform update in system
True...it is not asking for the mobile no... and based on customer ID it assigns. I am assuming since the OTPs for normal transactions are coming on the add on mobile no( and on primary card the OTPs are coming on my ie primary no)...then that's it.

You are suggesting to send mobile no update form to Nodal team? No harm in trying... will do.
yes

Yes...Otps are coming on add on no...
what to do? That's what I am trying to understand... will initiate conversation with HDFC team...let's see.
Hi. Did you get UPI to work on the addon card? In the same boat. Applied with customer id so OTPs are coming to add-on card's holder's number. But UPI not registering.

Hi. Did you get UPI to work on the addon card? In the same boat. Applied with customer id so OTPs are coming to add-on card's holder's number. But UPI not registering.
nops.... surprisingly the card is shown as Dormant in netbanking. So asked customer care to do the needful.
I will anyways fill up the form and send for phone no update.

Frankly, hdfc customer care is of no use. they are not even acknowledging the Dormant issue. Simply told me that it is active. I read in this forum that this will be resolved automatically soon. So its fine.

Just applied for Rupay Card. Says not eligible for addon. (Though I am eligible for the 2 visa cards). Does one become eligible for addon after using for some time?

nops.... surprisingly the card is shown as Dormant in netbanking. So asked customer care to do the needful.
I will anyways fill up the form and send for phone no update.

Frankly, hdfc customer care is of no use. they are not even acknowledging the Dormant issue. Simply told me that it is active. I read in this forum that this will be resolved automatically soon. So its fine.
Update: My complaint is with Grievance team and in progress. But today I am able to link the addon rupay card on addon mobile no.
So problem solved automatically.

Update: My complaint is with Grievance team and in progress. But today I am able to link the addon rupay card on addon mobile no.
So problem solved automatically.
Mine also started working yesterday night though I didn't get any reply to my email to customer service. I wonder if they've just changed something in the backend for everyone.

Just applied for Rupay Card. Says not eligible for addon. (Though I am eligible for the 2 visa cards). Does one become eligible for addon after using for some time?
Which bank?

i dont think it is linked to different number, you will need to ask hdfc nodal to update then add on number will see.

as far i know, you can't apply add on with different mobile number. atleast for me, there wasn't any option in net banking
How to email nodal officer for changing add on card mobile number? What is their email ID?

Hi guys, I am not able to configure upi on add-on card (HDFC TATA Neu, different card number than primary card). Phone no of add-on member is correctly updated ( getting OTPs on it only). Anything else to be done here?
error - Not able to find any card associated with this no.

@ThriftyPlasticPundit .. can you pls confirm if this is all needed? I will put a query to HDFC then. Thanks in advance.

Your problem solved? Any update?

Yes, it was solved automatically after two weeks.
Grievance team was not helpful at all, query is still not closed.
Really? Resolved automatically? Are you able to use UPI in add on card?

Are you now getting OTPs in the add on card holder phone number?

What was the response of grievance team?

I got add on card few days back. Tried calling customer care and they advised to change mobile number via ATM. I tried it today. But no acknowledgment came on ATM machine. Today phone banking executive asked to wait for 2 more day to get it updated.
But from what i have read in this forum, ATM stuff does not work. So i emailed them today to their customer care mail ID.
I think i can escalate to grievance cell only if i am unhappy with solution customer care people give me. Am i right?

Really? Resolved automatically? Are you able to use UPI in add on card?

Are you now getting OTPs in the add on card holder phone number?

What was the response of grievance team?

I got add on card few days back. Tried calling customer care and they advised to change mobile number via ATM. I tried it today. But no acknowledgment came on ATM machine. Today phone banking executive asked to wait for 2 more day to get it updated.
But from what i have read in this forum, ATM stuff does not work. So i emailed them today to their customer care mail ID.
I think i can escalate to grievance cell only if i am unhappy with solution customer care people give me. Am i right?
Yes...it got resolved automatically after two weeks for one add on member.
After this success, I applied for one more add on card for family. But that card is still not getting added, it's been three weeks.
So it's random.
Grievance team - only response that we are looking at it at priority. But no proper response came. ( for both cards)
Otp - card is working from first day for online transactions with OTPs coming to respective add on numbers.

So for one card it's working and for other it's still not working.
Process followed is same..so no fixed solution....I feel it's at mercy of HDFC.

Yes...it got resolved automatically after two weeks for one add on member.
After this success, I applied for one more add on card for family. But that card is still not getting added, it's been three weeks.
So it's random.
Grievance team - only response that we are looking at it at priority. But no proper response came. ( for both cards)
Otp - card is working from first day for online transactions with OTPs coming to respective add on numbers.

So for one card it's working and for other it's still not working.
Process followed is same..so no fixed solution....I feel it's at mercy of HDFC.
So if i got you right, among your two add on card, OTPs are coming to add on card holder phone for both cards. But for upi you could add only one of those numbers. Am i right?

Update.

Finally problem solved for me. Add on card has been linked with add on card holder phone number. OTP is coming to add on card holder number now. Since its Rupay card, i am able to link it in Gpay also.

So, if any other person facing the same issue, i will explain what I did to solve this problem.

I got this add on card for my wife on HDFC TataNeu infinity Rupay card. Card received and activated. OTP started coming to my number (primary card holder). Contacted customer care and they advised to change it through HDFC ATM. Tried it twice, but did not work.
Again contacted customer care. Then advised to start making transactions both online and offline. That also did not work.

Finally mailed to HDFC customer care explaining the issue. I mentioned all details like add on card number, currently linked mobile number, mobile number i want it to be updated to. I mailed directly and also through HDFC contact us portal.

2 days after i called customer care and asked about status. They told its under processing.

4th day, i got email saying the phone number is updated. And my wife got SMS saying the number is updated.

Back