• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One Card offers upgrade from FD to unsecured card

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have got an offer in the OneCard app to upgrade to unsecured card. I had FD of 10k. Now they are giving limit of 3.6L and processing refund of FD.

1709829423015.jpeg

Earlier, I had SBM bank Visa card. Now it is offered in Mastercard CSB bank. I had to complete KYC again.

1709829495681.jpeg

For me they replied after 40days of posting query.
Then asked for proof which was already shared with the initial email. I abandoned issue :(
So not so great experience thus far...
Absolutely agreed. Their Customercare sucks. In fact there is no Customer Care only. They reply to speak on their on will. App keeps on telling something else like ‘issue will be resolved in 48 hours’. And that remains same even after a week. The only USP of the card is that it’s a metal card at entry level.

I have got an offer in the OneCard app to upgrade to unsecured card. I had FD of 10k. Now they are giving limit of 3.6L and processing refund of FD.

View attachment 45188

Earlier, I had SBM bank Visa card. Now it is offered in Mastercard CSB bank. I had to complete KYC again.

View attachment 45189
Did the old account in CIBIL get closed or does the account number in CIBIL stay the same after one card upgrade from secured to unsecured?

Did the old account in CIBIL get closed or does the account number in CIBIL stay the same after one card upgrade from secured to unsecured
I asked same question to Onecard customer care for my upgrade and they said because of upgrade your bank changed so old account close and new account create in CIBIL within 50-60 days

are you sure? did you experience it your self that the new once card shows the date of acquisition of the old card?
Ya. My oldest card was PNB Gold (14 year old relationship), then requested PNB to upgrade to Rupay Select last year and my credit history shows a 14 year old relationship only. This was for Experian.

My CIBIL still shows 24 year old credit history as my fist ever credit card was from Citi in 1999.

Attachments

• IMG_8197.webp
    IMG_8197.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8196.webp
    IMG_8196.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
are you sure? did you experience it your self that the new once card shows the date of acquisition of the old card?
One card is comparatively new so I don’t think your relationship will be more than 3-4 year old so don’t think that should make such a huge impact on your credit score even if they modify your credit history.

Back