• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Opening new Indusind account through Third Party Cheque

The requirement is still 1L but under the offer you won't be charged non maintenance charges.
So it's indirectly zero balance 😅
As per the SOC of Exclusive account, if balance is not maintained then the debit card is not free, it will result in 299 charges.

But as per the offer only NMC charges are waived, so any idea if debit card charges will remain free?

As per the SOC of Exclusive account, if balance is not maintained then the debit card is not free, it will result in 299 charges.

But as per the offer only NMC charges are waived, so any idea if debit card charges will remain free?
Ideally it shouldn't attract any charges

I also opened this account using 4L initial Deposit, on the account opening form its written that the minimum balance requirement is 1lakh still. RM told me it is a general form and NMC will be waived off for me.

@LJGIBBS was that same for you as well?
Don't go by account opening form. In my case the account opening form mentioned that my intial funding was 1 Lakh only. Only later I got a mail that 4L was deposited as initial funding. The branch will have the responsibility to make sure no charges are deducted.

Don't go by account opening form. In my case the account opening form mentioned that my intial funding was 1 Lakh only. Only later I got a mail that 4L was deposited as initial funding. The branch will have the responsibility to make sure no charges are deducted.
Yeah even in my form 1L was mentioned as initial deposit

Yeah even in my form 1L was mentioned as initial deposit
Also as far as debit card fee is concerned, like @HyperBeast said, it shouldn't attract any charge. They have mentioned vaguely that debit card 'usage' would be charged. Anyway even if they charge, branch would probably reverse it. To give you an idea, HDFC gives debit cards free to savings max/classic/pref/imperia accounts, however nowhere it says Jet Privilege debit card is also free. In every terms and cond, Jet Priv was excluded from free cards. However branch always reversed the jet prev debit card fee for me.

Also as far as debit card fee is concerned, like @HyperBeast said, it shouldn't attract any charge. They have mentioned vaguely that debit card 'usage' would be charged. Anyway even if they charge, branch would probably reverse it. To give you an idea, HDFC gives debit cards free to savings max/classic/pref/imperia accounts, however nowhere it says Jet Privilege debit card is also free. In every terms and cond, Jet Priv was excluded from free cards. However branch always reversed the jet prev debit card fee for me.
I'll still link my Pinnacle card, just in case they charge any fee I can counter them with Pinnacle card criteria.

I already have a partner account with waived NMC under a offer, and the dc charges if not maintaining mab is 499 for partner variant, but haven't been charged yet.

No, I went to my nearest branch to open Exclusive account based on Pinnacle but RM offered me Pioneer account with 90k initial funding. Only condition is I should not be an existing customer, not even credit card. So I opened my mother's account.

But he didn't give me any guarantee that my account won't be downgraded so.... I'm only enjoying benefits until IndusInd finally downgrades it after few months.
90K & pioneer. That's really cool. Your nearest branch is? Are you Mumbai or nearby Mumbai place?

90K & pioneer. That's really cool. Your nearest branch is? Are you Mumbai or nearby Mumbai place?
Ludhiana, but I can share his number, he'll open it even remotely but I'm not sure you can check with him if interested.

But i'd not recommended opening the account this way, as he didn't give me any guarantee that account won't be downgraded.

I just have to monitor my emails carefully, once I receive the 30 day notice of downgrade, i'll close the pioneer debit card. Otherwise i'll be charged 3k for debit card.

Ludhiana, but I can share his number, he'll open it even remotely but I'm not sure you can check with him if interested.

But i'd not recommended opening the account this way, as he didn't give me any guarantee that account won't be downgraded.

I just have to monitor my emails carefully, once I receive the 30 day notice of downgrade, i'll close the pioneer debit card. Otherwise i'll be charged 3k for debit card.
Oh okay. Virtually & all would be bit task. I would skip it. I get your point tho. Enjoy it fully till it's active 🎉🙌🏻🙌🏻 & thanks for your reply.

Applied for Exclusive... They were also unaware of the offer on exclusive account.
They were hesitant on the transfer mode as UPI might have some limit, same goes with IMPS finally ended with cheque, due to clearance it will take time to active the account. Meantime they have given a regular kit, they will soon provide the Exclusive one at home after account activation.

Had to search the hidden treasure trove to get my 8 year old cheque book from junk. Thanks mate for the offer. 😉

Next will upgrade my LTF Legend to LTF pinnacle or higher version, once the account is activated.
LTF Legend to LTF pinnacle or higher version ?? HOW ?? PLZ SHARE I ALSO HAVE LTF LEGEND & SELECT ACCOUNT. PLZ

My account is 6 months old account opened in different offer.
BTW I got my dc within 1 week of account opening.
I Opened Select account With Cheque.. Account Opened and Got Multiple E-mails But Cheque will clear Tomorrow..so They Dispatch Welcomed Kit after Cheque Clearing. ? or I Can Expect Welcomed Kit Soon. ? any Idea. ? @HyperBeast

I Opened Select account With Cheque.. Account Opened and Got Multiple E-mails But Cheque will clear Tomorrow..so They Dispatch Welcomed Kit after Cheque Clearing. ? or I Can Expect Welcomed Kit Soon. ? any Idea. ? @HyperBeast
They dispatch the welcome kit as soon as the account gets opened, nothing to do with cheque clearing.

BTW I opened exclusive account last month and got the welcome kit within 2 days.

They dispatch the welcome kit as soon as the account gets opened, nothing to do with cheque clearing.

BTW I opened exclusive account last month and got the welcome kit within 2 days.
Ok... But Executive Said that In Welcome kit you receive a Letter and in that letter they will mention that Account is NMC...or Charges waived off something..

but my Cheque is not Cleared yet so they Will Consider Initial Deposit ? as Initial funding is required for NMC @HyperBeast

Ok... But Executive Said that In Welcome kit you receive a Letter and in that letter they will mention that Account is NMC...or Charges waived off something..

but my Cheque is not Cleared yet so they Will Consider Initial Deposit ? as Initial funding is required for NMC @HyperBeast
Nothing as such written in welcome letter...it will be written in estatment that u will receive without request from your side... I.e monthly estatment that banks send automatically

Back