• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

opening too many credit cards has ruined my finances

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That is why I did not participate in the discussion.
I know from the beginning that it would be a waste of time.
reasons being:
1) He has been doing this for the last 4 years.. it is not an innocent mistake of spur of the moment thing.
He has been deliberately doing this for an extended period of time.. Probably he nows more tricks than all of us put together.
2) He came to us only after the sh*t hit the fan.. Had everything would been right.. he would have continued to do the same for the next 4 years.
3) who on the earth will forget payment of bills.. Its only because all the loop holes were closed and he could not pay his bills., going on vacation and forgetting the bills is not believable story..
etc etc..

He is completely aware of all the actions and thier consequences.. He just wanted to know if anyone else know the tricks that he was not aware of ...
Call me old fashioned, but I feel that a little bit of Uttam Madhyam and discipline from parents is required for many. Being so much liberal has only made many reckless.

At 23 after graduating, one steps into professional life after completing a professional course. Are such irresponsible lads even employable ? Next someone may take the company card and max it out. Or God forbid, they are entrusted with company funds. Consumerism and materialism have destroyed the basic tenets of society.

Today only I was reading a post on reddit where someone forged medical bills for getting reimbursed and ended up losing the job and barely avoiding jail time.

I hope OP realised that going to his parents and coming clean is the only option he should exercise.

Absconding to Europe will make it only worse for him and family. He won't be employable here and how does he plan on getting a visa to go to EU in case a civil suit is filed against him.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
this post should be marked as Solution ...

That is why I did not participate in the discussion.
I know from the beginning that it would be a waste of time.
reasons being:
1) He has been doing this for the last 4 years.. it is not an innocent mistake of spur of the moment thing.
He has been deliberately doing this for an extended period of time.. Probably he nows more tricks than all of us put together.
2) He came to us only after the sh*t hit the fan.. Had everything would been right.. he would have continued to do the same for the next 4 years.
3) who on the earth will forget payment of bills.. Its only because all the loop holes were closed and he could not pay his bills., going on vacation and forgetting the bills is not a believable story..
etc etc..

He is completely aware of all the actions and thier consequences.. He just wanted to know if anyone else know the tricks that he was not aware of ...
Worst he is still in bubble & don't want to accept the facts
Don't want to go back home

Don't want to do real talk with parents
Don't want to accept this life alone is in debt someday someone has to earn & pay it

First step to stop ciggerate or alcohol addiction is to accept that they are addicted.
Unless admission of fact you r into shiit u r not improving

He still wants to live alone with 5k extra spends than going back home & spend that 5k in paying back

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Call me old fashioned, but I feel that a little bit of Uttam Madhyam and discipline from parents is required for many. Being so much liberal has only made many reckless.

At 23 after graduating, one steps into professional life after completing a professional course. Are such irresponsible lads even employable ? Next someone may take the company card and max it out. Or God forbid, they are entrusted with company funds. Consumerism and materialism have destroyed the basic tenets of society.

Today only I was reading a post on reddit where someone forged medical bills for getting reimbursed and ended up losing the job and barely avoiding jail time.

I hope OP realised that going to his parents and coming clean is the only option he should exercise.

Absconding to Europe will make it only worse for him and family. He won't be employable here and how does he plan on getting a visa to go to EU in case a civil suit is filed against him.
Well said…
The main cause of these things are because …
These days everyone wants everything on a fast track basis and sometimes instantly…
A lot of current young generation don’t even know that there is a term called “gestation period “… let alone its meaning in real world scenarios…

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
yes.. but he is asking for help and getting flak.. no one will ask for help again if we berate the point.. He is definitely in-experienced and has got into a hole.. and still seems to be immature about the situation which is very sad.. But i think we shd all focus on the problem, try and help and leave him to sort out his shit *..Just replying to this thread but guess its for all of us... @Random123
You have been given lots of inputs.. choice is yours.. be mature and listen to the good advice given by all the senior cc experts.. Your actions and reactions will decide and dictate your future.. you can never run away from dues.. and it will come back to bite you and your family.. they will get harassed here even if you leave country.. . its a lesson for all of us.. thanks for coming forward and sharing.. now fix it.. no point in any more discussion
Bhai mere dost to mat tag karo, mai to @Random123 ke sath majak kar raha tha😅

doraemon

TF Ace

Yeah so true
Bhai mere dost to mat tag karo, mai to @Random123 ke sath majak kar raha tha😅
Random Bhai after seeing tags be like

Ye kab hua?😆

its_karan

TF Ace
Im a active user in this forum hence using this alt account to post.
pehchan-kaun.jpg

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Rule no. 1 with Credit cards: CLEAR DUES,FULL OUTSTANDING
Rule no. 2 : Never Forget Rule no. 1
Also spend on CC only whatever one can spend on DC.

For the last 16 years of my CC usage both in Australia and here, 95%of the time , I paid my CC within 1 or 2 days of transactions, sometimes even on the same day itself.. my utilisation is always either 0 or -ve

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well thanks for the introduction to this thread @shutapdiya

Nope I am not the OP

But looking at the scenario, I think all experienced members have given valuable suggestions while also giving gyan which is needed

My 2 cents:

Regarding the debt, taking help from parents is fine when you are in need whether situations were avoidable or not. We don't know your scenario and relationship with your family so please take our suggestions as constructive which would help solve the issue in short term and hopefully be a lesson in financial discipline for long term.

Also it would help if you can share the exact principal left and interest / late payment charges if fine with it.

And regarding the MS, even I am guilty of doing it sometimes but everything comes as tradeoff. So consider this sunken costs for the mistake and first prioritize on getting this issue solved either with help or personal loan which might be the next best option instead of settlements.
Maybe even think the law of averages catching up with zero sum for the benefits you got till now.

All said and done, please focus on your personal and professional life and this benefit extraction from CC or anything should just be part of your life and can add small things to be happy about but never should become majority of your day to day life

Finally please take the criticism as constructive and don't feel bad for it. Mistakes happen and life moves on. We can just learn from them and be little better going further. Do let us know about your next steps and if we can help in any way

All the best !

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Well thanks for the introduction to this thread @shutapdiya

Nope I am not the OP

But looking at the scenario, I think all experienced members have given valuable suggestions while also giving gyan which is needed

My 2 cents:

Regarding the debt, taking help from parents is fine when you are in need whether situations were avoidable or not. We don't know your scenario and relationship with your family so please take our suggestions as constructive which would help solve the issue in short term and hopefully be a lesson in financial discipline for long term.

Also it would help if you can share the exact principal left and interest / late payment charges if fine with it.

And regarding the MS, even I am guilty of doing it sometimes but everything comes as tradeoff. So consider this sunken costs for the mistake and first prioritize on getting this issue solved either with help or personal loan which might be the next best option instead of settlements.
Maybe even think the law of averages catching up with zero sum for the benefits you got till now.

All said and done, please focus on your personal and professional life and this benefit extraction from CC or anything should just be part of your life and can add small things to be happy about but never should become majority of your day to day life

Finally please take the criticism as constructive and don't feel bad for it. Mistakes happen and life moves on. We can just learn from them and be little better going further. Do let us know about your next steps and if we can help in any way

All the best !
Well said brother!!