• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

over-leverage can be a reason for any Credit card application Rejection share your thoughts on this

Fini7777

TF Ace
Contributor
I'd like to hear from you,
having high credit limits and multiple credit cards impact our future CC Applications?
I've applied 3-4 cards recently and they were approved with highest limits ever in my portfolio
after this, HDFC started rejecting my application for cc again and again( I've HDFC TATA neu infinity and I applied for their core card)

Now, I've total 12 CCs incl HDFC

Will this really impact my future credit card applications?
which banks are currently taking this into consideration?

BTW I applied for swiggy HDFC CC and Biz moneyBack- REJECTED- a few days ago

HDFC rejected your application because in HDFC one should always take core card first. They don't approve if someone is holding their Co-branded card.

You have to request for upgrade of your HDFC Neu Infinity to a core card, then after sometime you can re-apply for Neu Infinity and other cc.

Yes, a lot of credit lines make you look like credit hungry and make you a risky customer, what if you just maxed out all your CCs and went invisible. Also, applying too frequently may be another reason. I suggest you to close the CCs you don’t need and wait atleast 3 months after one CC application. My friend who works in a top private bank and processes CC applications says that any credit limit utilisation percentage above 25% is a red flag and the application is generally rejected unless the application is by a salaried person and has an excellent credit score.

Last edited:
Yes, it is definitely a reason, my friend who works in a top private bank and processes CC applications says that any credit limit utilisation percentage above 25% is a red flag and the application is generally rejected unless the application is by a salaried person and has an excellent credit score.
Read the question

having high credit limits and multiple credit cards impact our future CC Applications?
I've applied 3-4 cards recently and they were approved with highest limits ever in my portfolio
after this, HDFC started rejecting my application for cc again and again( I've HDFC TATA neu infinity and I applied for their core card)

If you have co branded why did u apply for core Card mate u didn't knew ? Conversation require special approval

Try exchange your tata neu for core Card of hdfc via customer care or email

Or close it and wait for hdfc core Card pre approvals

Yes, a lot of credit lines make you look like credit hungry and make you a risky customer, what if you just maxed out all your CCs and went invisible. Also, applying too frequently may be another reason. I suggest you to close the CCs you don’t need and wait atleast 3 months after one CC application. My friend who works in a top private bank and processes CC applications says that any credit limit utilisation percentage above 25% is a red flag and the application is generally rejected unless the application is by a salaried person and has an excellent credit score.
Yeah! I do understand But This might not be the reason for my HDFC card rejection
I've 784 CIBIL with 1% utilization
anyways I should have applied for their core card to be in safe zone
But I feel TATA neu infinity isn't a bad card it provides unconditional lounge access and 1.5% CSB on UPI

Yeah! I do understand But This might not be the reason for my HDFC card rejection
I've 784 CIBIL with 1% utilization
anyways I should have applied for their core card to be in safe zone
But I feel TATA neu infinity isn't a bad card it provides unconditional lounge access and 1.5% CSB on UPI
Yeah it’s a great card for UPI spends. 1% credit utilisation is quite rare for someone and maybe this is the reason why your applications are getting extra attention. If you want a HDFC core Card approved easily, you may open a savings/salary account with them.

If you have co branded why did u apply for core Card mate u didn't knew ? Conversation require special approval

Try exchange your tata neu for core Card of hdfc via customer care or email

Or close it and wait for hdfc core Card pre approvals
Yeah! Late realization :ROFLMAO:
I don't want to close this card as it provides some good returns on UPI and I have most of the other CSB cards from other banks so, No need to look for their core card

When I applied for SBI elite, Manager from credit card branch mentioned that there is a big chance of rejection if one's profile is over leveraged (Especially SBI cards)

That is the reason, in general, they ask you for income range and company you work ( if you are employed).

So better close the unused cards and cards that you don't use in anyways.

When I applied for SBI elite, Manager from credit card branch mentioned that there is a big chance of rejection if one's profile is over leveraged (Especially SBI cards)

That is the reason, in general, they ask you for income range and company you work ( if you are employed).

So better close the unused cards and cards that you don't use in anyways.
Sbi cards everyone knows .
Not others

Yeah it’s a great card for UPI spends. 1% credit utilisation is quite rare for someone and maybe this is the reason why your applications are getting extra attention. If you want a HDFC core Card approved easily, you may open a savings/salary account with them.
I've preferred account in HDFC

These banks don't issue cc if you are in overleverage
sbi
hsbc
standard charted
idfc.

rest banks don't card that much about it.

Back