• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Overdraft facility on Savings Account (not FD-backed ODs)

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any bank that offers Overdraft on Savings account? (not the FD backed ODs which is offered by most of the banks). I don't want to open a current account just to avail the OD facility. I reached to my HDFC RM and he stated that none of the banks provide Overdraft facility on savings accounts. So wanted to check out here on this forum if anyone has availed OD on Savings account and if yes how?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is there any bank that offers Overdraft on Savings account? (not the FD backed ODs which is offered by most of the banks). I don't want to open a current account just to avail the OD facility. I reached to my HDFC RM and he stated that none of the banks provide Overdraft facility on savings accounts. So wanted to check out here on this forum if anyone has availed OD on Savings account and if yes how?
Yup that is right. Holding the same salary account since 16 yrs and like 5-6 yrs ago it was offered in imobile. Not sure if anyone offers based on savings account purely.

Yes, noramlly they wont offer OD on normal SB account..

In your case @keerthirahul123 , may be your employer has deep realtionship with ICICI for a long time and you are also maitaining a very long salary account realtionship.. that could be the reason why you must have got the offer..
It is the "salary" component that they are relying on this OD offer..

Last edited:

keerthirahul123

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, noramlly they wont offer OD on normal SB account..

In your case @keerthirahul123 , may be your employer has deep realtionship with ICICI for a long time and you are also maitainin ga very long salary account realtionship.. that could be the reason why you must have got the offer..
It is the "salary" component that they are relying on this OD offer..
yup its the salary i also thought. :)

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Have offer from ICICI for OD facility on my salary acct. So far not taken it as I don't need.
Acct is more than 24 years old. Employer has no relation with bank. Salary is credited by NEFT every month.
SInce how long you have been getting this offer?, if you can remember vaguely..

Tejo

TF Legend
Idfc also giving overdraft.