• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paid to a wrong credit card

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys, I paid 10k to an Axis card. I typed the first 12 digits of the primary card and it seems the last 4 digits I typed were of the Add on card I have.

I am still not sure if I made this mistake or not, but since I have received a sms saying it's processed it seems that I must have. 😕😕

I checked the combination on Flipkart and it seems it is indeed a valid card and OTP also was generated for the user.

How do I proceed with this? Nothing is reflecting on Axis end as of yet. I have paid at around 1AM of 31st July 2024.

Please help.

Last edited:
contact customer care of axis, we can only laugh at this. Share them the bank statement containing debit trail of 10k for the cc payment

contact customer care of axis, we can only laugh at this. Share them the bank statement containing debit trail of 10k for the cc payment
Yep, contacted Axis via X. Let's see what they reply. Usually, I am very careful but this time, someone called me so I did not pay much attention. Hope that no - one else goes through this 😊

Paid via SBI Unipay.
SBI Unipay migrated to BBPS for axis. But I noticed they were still giving option to pay using credit card full number. Most probably transaction will fail.

But it's better to call axis and inform it to see if they can fix it.

SBI Unipay migrated to BBPS for axis. But I noticed they were still giving option to pay using credit card full number. Most probably transaction will fail.

But it's better to call axis and inform it to see if they can fix it.
Actually yes. When I paid, I had to enter the full number but when I tried to add Axis as a biller, I saw that it is now showing as BBPS biller but after filling the details, an error 'Biller details not found' or something similar came up.

UPDATE - Axis bank on Twitter has asked me to contact HDFC as I paid from HDFC ESP DC. HDFC bank told me that there is nothing they can do as this is an authorised txn + it has been credited to the credit card account. Any tips ? @Astrella @mshenoy @the_dark_knight
Not sure, but is raising chargeback an option?

Also can you ask Axis executive at nearest branch to connect you with card owner and explain the situation to them?

Not sure, but is raising chargeback an option?

Also can you ask Axis executive at nearest branch to connect you with card owner and explain the situation to them?
Nah. Tried raising a chargeback with HDFC but they can't do anything as payment was authorised as well as credited to that person. Will try going to branch tomorrow. Thanks!

UPDATE - Axis bank on Twitter has asked me to contact HDFC as I paid from HDFC ESP DC. HDFC bank told me that there is nothing they can do as this is an authorised txn + it has been credited to the credit card account. Any tips ? @Astrella @mshenoy @the_dark_knight
I had a friend with a similar issue before, but asking axis for help is the better option. He contacted support via email, got a callback later then had it sorted. took about a week. HDFC probably can't help without a chargeback.

I had a friend with a similar issue before, but asking axis for help is the better option. He contacted support via email, got a callback later then had it sorted. took about a week. HDFC probably can't help without a chargeback.
I agree. Axis is the one which actually has the only way of helping me out. Have emailed to PNO and am awaiting their response

Axis Bank Twitter is incompetent bitchtards
Don't know their own company policy

Ask them if you don't senior executive of credit card department talking to you tomorrow u will complain to rbi

Btw
Were you asleep while typing card number ok it happens

Were u asleep when u typed card number saw which person cc it is

Were u asleep when u typed customized payment rupee that's it's not near or similar to your card usage .

Go to axis Bank branch ask branch manager to find out who the credit card user is

2nd if he don't imply do police complaint against axis and specific mention axis bank manager

Complaint isn't equal to FIR. .

Only axis can help not hdfc

Were you asleep while typing card number ok it happens
Yes, was kinda distracted as my grandpa was calling me. It was very stupid of me, tbh. Andar se mar gaya hu ye cheez ke baad🥲
Go to axis Bank branch ask branch manager to find out who the credit card user is

2nd if he don't imply do police complaint against axis and specific mention axis bank manager

Complaint isn't equal to FIR. .

Only axis can help not hdfc
Okay, will definitely look into this. I am awaiting to see how PNO replies. If negative, will include RBI ombudsman

Were u asleep when u typed card number saw which person cc it is

Were u asleep when u typed customized payment rupee that's it's not near or similar to your card usage .
Actually when I paid last night, SBI unipay still hadn't updated Axis as a BBPS biller therefore this happened. When I got a bit susppicious, I came to the conclusion that the card number entered by me was wrong. Then, while checking, I understood that I am typing first 12 digits of primary + last 4 of add on, when checked, it is a valid cc according to Luhn's algo as well as in Axis records as it does go to OTP page and shows the mobile number last 4 digits and all

What would even be the basis for your RBI Ombudsman complaint/FIR? There's been no fraud/failure of service from their end. That avenue seems to be a waste of time for everyone.

Requesting Axis is the only viable option, and honestly, usually card payments are made by NEFT, which is irreversible so chances are slim that anyone can do anything.

Back