• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

Since claiming the platinum debit card cashpoints (1 point = 1Re) directly deposits in our bank account, does this come under 'source of income' and income tax will apply?
depends on how you look at it...
because you spent something to gt that back it could be treated as a reward ( or discount/ or whatever the right term) which may not be a gift.

depends on how you look at it...
because you spent something to gt that back it could be treated as a reward ( or discount/ or whatever the right term) which may not be a gift.
I am asking because last cycle my friend sent money to my amazon wallet and I transferred it to my bank account. Auditor said it will be taxable. Does it come under same category?

what is the purpose of your friend money sent it to your amazon wallet in the first place.
He sent to mobile number instead of UPI & somehow received to wallet, I don't remember exactly. It's like ₹2000 something.

This condition is now same right, cashback coming to bank account - income out of nowhere

May I ask in what income bracket you will come under? salaried or business? if it is sensitive no need to answer
I am salaried. This is the first time TDS deducted for me in payslip (from Apr 2022 to Mar 2023) and I am completely new to income tax stuff. Since new limit announced this year, no TDS is being deducted for me in payslip from this Apr 2023. The money my friend sent to me, it was given in cash by me, this cash is my Father's money (he is no way near 5LPA) and since I moved to different city, my friend sent to me.

I am salaried. This is the first time TDS deducted for me in payslip (from Apr 2022 to Mar 2023) and I am completely new to income tax stuff. Since new limit announced this year, no TDS is being deducted for me in payslip from this Apr 2023. The money my friend sent to me, it was given in cash by me, this cash is my Father's money (he is no way near 5LPA) and since I moved to different city, my friend sent to me.
not to worry at all , if your income is beow 50 lakhs... okay just enjoy life .. go with some nice CA ( actually very difficult to find such one)...
Don worry about Income tax...
If you worry too much about Income tax.. you have two options:
1) go to Psychiatrist or
2) Join a political party...
all problems solved.. Take it easy. my posts are purely for entertainment.. take them with a pinch of salt... ;) ;)

In all seriousness, please dont worry much. I am speaking from experience.. I was a financial proefessional before I switched my career..
Honestly I know 1000% moe than a typical practising Indian CA. this is what my practsing CA friend told me...
I used to be very picky about every single financial transaction I used to do.
Now I realised it is no good to our mental health..
When you don't do any serious well planned financial crime, you have nothing to worry. as a lot of CAs themselves don't know all th sections of IT law.
we are like guinea pigs to them.. everything will have some solution, if the amount is big then penalty will be big , nothing else. For this we should not damage our mental health.. This I learnt in a very hard way.. You will remeber these words after about 20 years and will know the real meaning in this post then only....
All the best

Last edited:
In all seriousness, please dont worry much. I am speaking from experience.. I was a financial proefessional before I switched my courier..
Honestly I know 1000% moe than a typical practising Indian CA. this is what my practsing CA friend told me...
I used to be very picky about every single financial transaction I used to do.
Now I realised it is no good to our mental health..
When you don't do any serious well planned financial crime, you have nothing to worry. as a lot of CAs themselves don't know all th sections of IT law.
we are like guinea pigs to them.. everything will have some soution, if the amount is big then penalty will be big , nthing else. For this we should damage our mental health.. This I learnt in a very hard way.. You will remeber these words after about 20 years and will know the real meaning in this post then only....
All the best
Since I am new to TDS/ITR, everything is a learning for me. Most of the cashbacks I receive are to wallets, statment adjusted or gift cards, this HDFC platinum debit card bill pay offer is the first one that gives me back directly to account. This striked my mind with what my CA said, so I wanted to know. That's all ;-)

Reactions: SSV
Back