• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

Made a test payment of ₹1000 to Amex using ESP DC via HDFC Billpay on 25th. Credited to account on 26th. But not reward points on the DC inspite of showing HDFCBILLPAY in SB account statement. Previously RPs were credited in 2 days always.
No reward points credited on hdfc platinum dc for payments made on or after 23rd july on many platforms.
Hence, probably it is over.

VERIFIED PERSONAL UPDATE:
A-U bank card - paid on 24th - merchant BBPSBILLPAY - received points today(29th)
A-x-is card- paid on 24th - merchant RENTALBBPS- Nothing

INFERENCE:
1. as i paid on 24th for both but recieived only for one merchant it is clear that RENTAL BBPS will fetch no points using Platinum cards.
2. Excluding weekend - i got points in 3 days.
3. have to be careful with merchant name in otp page/ otp message.

A-U bank card - paid on 24th - merchant BBPSBILLPAY - received points today(29th)

INFERENCE:
1. as i paid on 24th for both but recieived only for one merchant it is clear that RENTAL BBPS will fetch no points using Platinum cards.
thanks for the update..
lets wait for a few more days before ruling out RENATLBBPSNO ..
and also wait to hear from others..
I paid 1.5k towards 🪓 bill on 26th , Ithink

INFERENCE:
3. have to be careful with merchant name in otp page/ otp message.
Really hope that they change merchant for all or give pts for rental because Another alarming nuisance regarding point 3 above that i just noted is that the OTP that we receive does not carry the merchant name. It just says that "otp for HDFC billpay is so so". it shows up only after the amount is debited. So i think its trial first with small amount and prayer that the same BBPSBILLPAY merchant comes.

UPDATE: received points for cc bill payment done on 24th july on jiofinance with hdfc platinum dc.Merchant name was REL*RELIANCE PAY.
No points received for payments done on 26th and 27th (via hdfc billpay and sbi unipay).
Would you mind mentioning which cards you paid to? I've seen your posts, and you are the only one who is not receiving reward points.

Most likely, you are paying to SBI, Axis or SC cards, as they are shown as 'RENTALBBPS' in HDFC.

Would you mind mentioning which cards did you paid to? I've seen your posts and you are the only one who is not getting reward points.

M ost likely, you are paying to SBI or Axis or SC, as they are shown as "RENTAL" in HDFC Billpay.
I paid sbi cc bill on jiofinance on 24th, icici cc bill on hdfc billpay on 26th and sbi cc bill on sbi unipay on 27th.
It's not like only I am not getting cashback points, hdfc has delayed crediting RP this time.The delay mostly happens on early month basis but this time it was different.
I think hdfc credited points for upto 24th july.For 25th,26th,27th it will be credited in this week.
(hdfc billpay merchant name for icici cc bill payment was BBPSBILLPAY)

I paid sbi cc bill on jiofinance on 24th, icici cc bill on hdfc billpay on 26th and sbi cc bill on sbi unipay on 27th.
It's not like only I am not getting cashback points, hdfc has delayed crediting RP this time.The delay mostly happens on early month basis but this time it was different.
I think hdfc credited points for upto 24th july.For 25th,26th,27th it will be credited in this week.
(hdfc billpay merchant name for icici cc bill payment was BBPSBILLPAY)
In that case, you will get the points for ICICI payment. Since ICICI is BBPSBILLPAY, which fetches points.

If you had paid SBI CC bill then you wouldn't get any points. For SBI/AXIS/SC, it's better to pay using SBI Unipay/Jio Finance.

Back