• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paying your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Bill via Amazon Pay

This problem still exists on all the apps and websites using the BBPS service. It seems like an integration issue of HDFC ERGO with the BBPS platform. And it's disappointing that they weren't able to fix it even after 5 months.

I tried Amazon Pay, JioFinance, and BHIM — none of them were able to fetch the bill as they are all using the BBPS service to fetch the premium amount from HDFC ERGO.

However, the only app which works is the Tata Neu app. It fetches the exact premium amount and customer name and doesn't even ask for the date of birth. However, I'm not sure if it's reliable since it is not using the BBPS platform. 🤔

Also, HDFC ERGO's website gives only Paytm and PayZapp under the Wallet option. Amazon Pay Wallet isn't available there yet.

This problem still exists on all the apps and websites using the BBPS service. It seems like an integration issue of HDFC ERGO with the BBPS platform. And it's disappointing that they weren't able to fix it even after 5 months.

I tried Amazon Pay, JioFinance, and BHIM — none of them were able to fetch the bill as they are all using the BBPS service to fetch the premium amount from HDFC ERGO.

However, the only app which works is the Tata Neu app. It fetches the exact premium amount and customer name and doesn't even ask for the date of birth. However, I'm not sure if it's reliable since it is not using the BBPS platform. 🤔

Also, HDFC ERGO's website gives only Paytm and PayZapp under the Wallet option. Amazon Pay Wallet isn't available there yet.
Just pay on their website via any credit / debit card which gives rewards for Insurance payment. No other better options exists, I have already tried.

Faced the same issue. Paid through Amex Plat Travel directly on site.

ergo was always an issue.. even earlier...

My HDFC Ergo insurance is up for renewal in last week of September. Looks like using card directly is the only option, unless something changes from now till 25th and they miraculously come onto BBPS

I'm getting a totally different issue - I'm entering same policy number and fetching, but getting details of someone else - and getting this same person in Gpay/Just dial/Tata Neu app. Don't know who is at fault, hdfc ergo backend or the bbps integration

Back