• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment made to Wrong Credit Card Number

Need Help for HDFC Tata Neu Card(Wrong Credit Card Number Payment)
I had made the payment through Mobikwik App for Credit card of Tata Neu but it's not reflecting in hdfc. Due date was 21st November and made the payment on 20th. I guess made the payment to wrong card, as my card is Rupay Select and Mobikwik App shows Visa card. Unfortunately Mobikwik is not giving card details to which I made the payment. Is there any way to get the refund?

Can anyone please help me

Last edited:
I had made the payment through Mobikwik App for Credit card of Tata Neu but it's not reflecting in hdfc. Due date was 21st November and made the payment on 20th. I guess made the payment to wrong card, as my card is Rupay Select and Mobikwik App shows Visa card. Unfortunately Mobikwik is not giving card details to which I made the payment. Is there any way to get the refund?

Charge back.

Else

Directly mail to mobikwik pno

After mailing wait seven days and write RBI PO

Will solve + ask for compensation of 10k

Usually Apps gives error when you enter a Wrong Card Number during Credit Card Bill Paymnet i.e, Entered Card Number does not satisfy "Luhn Algorithm".

Mobikwik duly verify the Card number and allows the Payment only when Entered Card Number satisfy "Luhn Algorithm"

Since you made a successfull Payment, your entered card Number is valid as per "Luhn Algorithm"

I just hope the Entered Card Number is invalid as per Bank Records and is not assigned to another Person.

Contact the Bank with the Operator Reference Number shown in Mobikwik App.

Bank will Validate it and inform you whether the Payment is made to an Invalid Card or to a Valid Card assigned to another person.

In the former Case Bank will refund the Amount and in the latter case, it will create trouble for you.

Last edited:

Are you sure you put wrong card number or just anxiety?

I believe it is impossible for someone to have a card which has just one or two number different from somebody elses card.

I tried once by putting one different number, it showed invalid card number. I changed two numbers. The payment went through and then failed and got refund. After a week. It was just an experiment of 2 rs.

I paid my Rupay coral bill via paytm last week. It showed Visa to me too. But i checked the number twice and paid. It went through.

Mobikwik sometimes takes 2-3 working days to settle.

Always pay your bills atleast 4-7 days earlier to avoid mishaps.

And if its the last two days.
Always use cred/paytm which settle instantly 99% of the time.

Back