• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Payzapp Shop Bonus Points Not Credited - Bank Denies

SmartSave

TF Premier
Folks!

So I've been using Payzapp Shop's section to do some transactions on Jockey / Myntra, etc. with their ads showing 10x / 5x bonus reward points for Infinia.

After the statement got generated, I got only the base RPs. When I asked the bank, they say they can't credit because it's not done through Smartbuy. What sort of scam is this?

If Payzapp Shop section links don't give the bonus reward points, then why even advertise or link from the app? It feels so misleading.

Anyone else faced this? What did you do?

Reactions: SSV
Folks!

So I've been using Payzapp Shop's section to do some transactions on Jockey / Myntra, etc. with their ads showing 10x / 5x bonus reward points for Infinia.

After the statement got generated, I got only the base RPs. When I asked the bank, they say they can't credit because it's not done through Smartbuy. What sort of scam is this?

If Payzapp Shop section links don't give the bonus reward points, then why even advertise or link from the app? It feels so misleading.

What is description of transaction in statement?

Was your cart empty when you went via smartbuy purchase link?

Did you add products to the cart via browsing through smartbuy link and purchased in same session?

Some of these conditions need to be fulfilled to get the accelerated points

they won't give, i also learned the hard way, did you buy inside the payzapp app or you just went through the payzapp app(clicking inside payzapp app and then buying through the merchant app)?

Folks!

LOng tim,e ago, I too didn't receive any adverstised RPs for using Payzapp in Myntra..

What is description of transaction in statement?
RAZ*JOCKEY HTTPS://ww AND WWW MYNTRA COM BANGALORE
Was your cart empty when you went via smartbuy purchase link?

Did you add products to the cart via browsing through smartbuy link and purchased in same session?

Some of these conditions need to be fulfilled to get the accelerated points
they won't give, i also learned the hard way, did you buy inside the payzapp app or you just went through the payzapp app(clicking inside payzapp app and then buying through the merchant app)?
Ik about Smart Buy ( via online Website ); which does give the RP's. I have never shopped through PayZapp so no idea about it
Is this problem specific to PayZapp App.. like there is some bug in it or is it pure misleading advertising

Can you both @neo.puneet and @SmartSave describe how you had purchased a little bit in detail
1. The cart was empty.
2. I opened the app on iOS.
3. Went to the Shop section.
4. Clicked on the appropriate store logo / link.
5. It redirects within the app to their website.
6. I start adding the products I wanted to buy / finish the login / checkout process.
7. Made the payment via Payzapp -> Infinia Card.

So the entire flow from start to checkout to payment to success were all done within the app itself including using HDFC Bank's Infinia card.

LOng tim,e ago, I too didn't receive any adverstised RPs for using Payzapp in Myntra..
yes, i faced same issue with my myntra purchase but it was a small amount so i was fine.
They will not credit those and better to buy from smarbuy website & not from payzapp.
So this needs to be escalated with RBI then.

I had already gotten them a bamboo treatment in the past for another reason, I don't mind chasing them one more time. More than the RPs itself, I want them to either fix their buggy app (if it's a bug) or pull down the misleading ads. Imagine so many users falling for their bogus system that wouldn't credit the advertised RPs, this seems like a clear case of misleading with a buggy system.

Let's start with their PNO 🙂

RAZ*JOCKEY HTTPS://ww AND WWW MYNTRA COM BANGALORE

1. The cart was empty.
2. I opened the app on iOS.
3. Went to the Shop section.
4. Clicked on the appropriate store logo / link.
5. It redirects within the app to their website.
6. I start adding the products I wanted to buy / finish the login / checkout process.
7. Made the payment via Payzapp -> Infinia Card.

So the entire flow from start to checkout to payment to success were all done within the app itself including using HDFC Bank's Infinia card.

So this needs to be escalated with RBI then.

I had already gotten them a bamboo treatment in the past for another reason, I don't mind chasing them one more time. More than the RPs itself, I want them to either fix their buggy app (if it's a bug) or pull down the misleading ads. Imagine so many users falling for their bogus system that wouldn't credit the advertised RPs, this seems like a clear case of misleading with a buggy system.

Let's start with their PNO 🙂
Definitely bro, go for it.
The app is buggy for sure

Folks!

If it was your first time using PayZapp/Smartbuy then it's a genuine mistake.

But if you're a regular, you should know better that if you successfully redirected from PayZapp/Smartbuy, it will mention "Brand via Smartbuy" during both OTP as well as in Statement. Only then 10X / 5% / 10% advertised RPs/Cashback is credited.

If it was your first time using PayZapp/Smartbuy then it's a genuine mistake.

But if you're a regular, you should know better that if you successfully redirected from PayZapp/Smartbuy, it will mention "Brand via Smartbuy" during both OTP as well as in Statement. Only then 10X / 5% / 10% advertised RPs/Cashback is credited.

Not my first time, I used to use Smartbuy but started to use Payzapp for direct purchases and vouchers from last several months (In fact, I've been using Payzapp even before it became so mainstream, previously the UI was not what you see now). I do know about "Brand via Smartbuy" but Payzapp app is buggy for sure, it's a hit or a miss. In any case, it's not the end customer's fault for having a bug in their app that couldn't properly track the flow and it has happened twice (maybe more in the past too but I've ignored it).

Not my first time, I used to use Smartbuy but started to use Payzapp for direct purchases and vouchers from last several months (In fact, I've been using Payzapp even before it became so mainstream, previously the UI was not what you see now). I do know about "Brand via Smartbuy" but Payzapp app is buggy for sure, it's a hit or a miss. In any case, it's not the end customer's fault for having a bug in their app that couldn't properly track the flow and it has happened twice (maybe more in the past too but I've ignored it).
It doesn't matter if you have items already in your cart, if you don't get a successful redirect and want that accelerated cashback, try again and continue directly with items in your cart.

I recently bought few things from Myntra and got the right reward points. So the system does work but maybe in your case like others suggested the link might have not redirected correctly.
I opened Myntra app populated my card and then went to payzapp and navigated to myntra from within the payzapp app and made the payment.

Back