• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payzapp Wallet UPI @pzw vs @pz

desiviru

TF Ace
@ TFwarriors

I've a query. My friend holding HDFC bank account already from 5 yrs or so, registered for Payzapp wallet today after consulting me. Even though I told him not to register as there is very little benefit having it with CC load stopping from Aug 1, he gave it a try. Easily got Full KYC after verification with HDFC CC.

Now while registering process was going on, he was automatically registered for UPI. According to him, he is seeing two UPI IDs even though he hasn't attached any bank account and skipped the UPI part yet Payzapp registered for UPI. One ID is mobilenumber@pzw and other is mobilenumber@pz. In my own app using from many years I get mobilenumber@pz only.

So what's is the difference between @pzw and @pz? He sent Re.1 to both and both failed as hasn't added any bank account or UPI CC yet. I know Payzapp is starting wallet UPI, so I asked him to check whether he is getting option to delink UPI from wallet in options. He didn't find anything like that. Amazon has different upi address for normal and wallet upi. Anyways, I asked him to wait till August to see how this worksout.

If anyone already have clues for @pz and @pzw, pls share.

@pz -> here, pz refers" PayZ app" UPI ID by hdfc bank. @pz is linked to the primary bank account set in the app and will act as temporary upi id if you paying from other than non primary bank, applicable for upi rupay linked credit cards too.

@pzw -> I think, @pzw is assigned to payz e-wallet and also a prepaid card linked to the wallet and the e-wallet, wallet upi and prepaid card ... by HDFC Bank.

Note: username@bankname .... upi id -> acts a medium between the sender and receiver

More more info, please contact #abhishek012 🤣

He sent Re.1 to both and both failed as hasn't added any bank account or UPI CC yet. I know Payzapp is starting wallet UPI, so I asked him to check whether he is getting option to delink UPI from wallet in options. He didn't find anything like that. Amazon has different upi address for normal and wallet upi. Anyways, I asked him to wait till August to see how this worksout.

No wallet or bank, enabled an option to delink wallet upi id of the e-wallet.

Few wallets like omni, enabled an option to customise wallet upi id

@ TFwarriors

I've a query. My friend holding HDFC bank account already from 5 yrs or so, registered for Payzapp wallet today after consulting me. Even though I told him not to register as there is very little benefit having it with CC load stopping from Aug 1, he gave it a try. Easily got Full KYC after verification with HDFC CC.

Now while registering process was going on, he was automatically registered for UPI. According to him, he is seeing two UPI IDs even though he hasn't attached any bank account and skipped the UPI part yet Payzapp registered for UPI. One ID is mobilenumber@pzw and other is mobilenumber@pz. In my own app using from many years I get mobilenumber@pz only.

So what's is the difference between @pzw and @pz? He sent Re.1 to both and both failed as hasn't added any bank account or UPI CC yet. I know Payzapp is starting wallet UPI, so I asked him to check whether he is getting option to delink UPI from wallet in options. He didn't find anything like that. Amazon has different upi address for normal and wallet upi. Anyways, I asked him to wait till August to see how this worksout.

Tumhare ques me he answer hai bas confuse ho.

Anyway @pzw is Payzapp Wallet UPI ID.

@pz -> here, pz refers" PayZ app" UPI ID by hdfc bank. @pz is linked to the primary bank account set in the app and will act as temporary upi id if you paying from other than non primary bank, applicable for upi rupay linked credit cards too.

@pzw -> I think, @pzw is assigned to payz e-wallet and also a prepaid card linked to the wallet and the e-wallet, wallet upi and prepaid card ... by HDFC Bank.

Note: username@bankname .... upi id -> acts a medium between the sender and receiver

But ios not showing @pzw id as of now

But ios not showing @pzw id as of now
Maine IOS ka he screenshots daala hu, Payzapp Wallet UPI loot post me -

Bro, you completely misunderstood the query or maybe I wasn't clear enough. I know whole system of UPI and technicalities. My query was only to clear the confusion that one is for linked bank account i.e @pz and other one is for wallet @pzw. Before posting here I already clarified this to my friend but though of verifying my assumption through TFians.

Last edited:
Tumhare ques me he answer hai bas confuse ho.

Anyway @pzw is Payzapp Wallet UPI ID.
Bhai koi confusion nahi hai. haha

@pzw recently aaya hai aur mere payzapp mein only @pz hi hai. Wallet UPI beta stage mein hai. New users ko chahe @pzw show ho raha hai but payment time on merchant qr list mein nahi hai. Agar mere friend ke pass aa jata toh yaha question post karney ki jarurat naa padti. I tried sending him funds to @pzw and failed. So loading through upi not started even though wallet upi address @pzw issued. Lets wait for Aug 1.

Bhai koi confusion nahi hai. haha

@pzw recently aaya hai aur mere payzapp mein only @pz hi hai. Wallet UPI beta stage mein hai. New users ko chahe @pzw show ho raha hai but payment time on merchant qr list mein nahi hai. Agar mere friend ke pass aa jata toh yaha question post karney ki jarurat naa padti. I tried sending him funds to @pzw and failed. So loading through upi not started even though wallet upi address @pzw issued. Lets wait for Aug 1.
Now important question which card bill paying app accept upi @pzw apart from our bank upis?:)

Any old user can see the @PWZ upi handle?
Stuck some money in the Payzap wallet need to tranfer that to bank account.
Does any have any other way to transfer money from a Payzap wallet to a bank account?

Any old user can see the @PWZ upi handle?
Stuck some money in the Payzap wallet need to tranfer that to bank account.
Does any have any other way to transfer money from a Payzap wallet to a bank account?
@pzw available for all users by now. But phone specific as old phone users won't see it. You can transfer directly to bank account by adding your account as beneficiary but it will charge you 1.18%. For that Click on Payzapp wallet on main page and then wallet to account option below card details on second spot.

So I discovered this interesting method:

1. Load Payzapp wallet using DCB Metal
2. Pay merchant UPI using Payzapp Wallet balance

There is a total loading charge of 1.77%

I was doing this with Amazon pay wallet earlier which charges 2.36%

But difference is Payzapp wallet works only for merchant UPI - Amazon pay allows you to send to any bank.

HDFC credit cards have milestone spending offers - so if your UPI spend is a small portion of total spend, you may still end up accumulating rewards.

Sample computation: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/dcb-metal-quarterly-milestone-tracking.20704/post-744026

Back