• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Phonepe wallet NOT accepting Amex MRCC

nilan

TF Buzz
Hello All,

I am trying to use my new amex MRCC for wallet loads. Since paytm wallet is not accepting new joinees, I tried using Phone pe. I am getting an error message " cards issued in foreign country can't be used". Contacted amex, they have no clue. Raised tickets at phone pe, no response. Are you able to load your phone pe wallet using amex MRCC? Please share how

Thanks

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes am able to pay
Thanks for the reply
Which website do you use?
Every single BSNL website, from selfcare, portal2 to a couple of others that I saw yesterday for the first time, finally winds up at a common payment page. It shows that Amex is allowed. But when you choose the Billdesk payment gateway (that is the only one shown) and start entering the card number you get a message when you enter the 6th digit itself that Amex cards are not supported. I tried with Platinum Travel, did not try with with MRCC or GC

ALOAK

TF Ace
Thanks for the reply
Every single BSNL website, from selfcare, portal2 to a couple of others that I saw yesterday for the first time, finally winds up at a common payment page. It shows that Amex is allowed. But when you choose the Billdesk payment gateway (that is the only one shown) and start entering the card number you get a message when you enter the 6th digit itself that Amex cards are not supported. I tried with Platinum Travel, did not try with with MRCC or GC
Strange i pay through bsnl website for past 2years i have been paying. Portal.bsnl.in and sometimes i pay using cred app too

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Strange i pay through bsnl website for past 2years i have been paying. Portal.bsnl.in and sometimes i pay using cred app too
Maybe it is because of the total bill amount. Maybe for less than 20K (or something) it allows. Will try next time I have a smaller BSNL bill

ALOAK

TF Ace
Thanks for the reply
Infact i paid last month bill on amex card through cred since i was travelling and no time to open website. You get MR points for it