• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to Close Axis Ace Card Renewed Three Months Back

CreditCardFino

TF Premier
I can no longer pay electricity bill payment using GPay. I want to close Ace card as its not worth Rs 590 fee for 1.5% cash back. Instead I will use Airtel or Amazon card and get 1% cash back. I have Neo as well.

First year joining fee was reversed as I spent 10k in 45 days. I made above 1 lakh spends last year. I paid renewal fee in April 2024. Can I keep this card till December and close it since I already paid renewal fee for this year. I guess I have time till March 2025 is that correct?

Should I call mobile banking support and request for card closure how long will it take for closing the card.

Ace, Airtel and Neo have same credit limit I think it won't affect my CIBIL? My over all credit cards limit is around 31 lakhs.

Last edited:
You can try your luck asking for the retention offer. Rarely they do honor such requests.

Keep some amount pending on the card, and then call to CC.

In case you aren't getting any retention offer, then use the card until March 2025.

Beware, they will immediately close the card on call if you do not agree with the retention offer, so be careful when they ask that it's your final decision or not.

It makes sense to close the card. AmzonPay card gives 2% CB for electricity payments on Amazon app.
Since its a pretty new card, i think it will minor or no impact on CIBIL at all.

You can try your luck asking for the retention offer. Rarely they do honor such requests.

In case you aren't getting any retention offer, then use the card until March 2025.

Beware, they will immediately close the card on call if you do not agree with the retention offer, so be careful when they ask that it's your final decision or not.
Why leave some amount pending. Just to make sure that they won't close the card immediately? If they close how do I repay it? if the payment gets delayed it will affect the CIBIL score.

I am planning to stop using it after December. In TnC it was mentioned "Cash backs accrued shall automatically be forfeited immediately after voluntary or involuntary cancellation" "And no refund, extension or compensation shall be given by Axis Bank even if the card member’s membership is reinstated."

Last edited:
It makes sense to close the card. AmzonPay card gives 2% CB for electricity payments on Amazon app.
Since its a pretty new card, i think it will minor or no impact on CIBIL at all.
But I have to pay convenience charge 1% + GST if I use credit card. So the cash back I get is 0.82% only with Amazon. Also if I chose wallet and use pay balance then select credit card to pay remaining amount I get the below error.

Failed.webp

Last edited:
Why leave some amount pending. Just to make sure that they won't close the card immediately? If they close how do I repay it? if the payment gets delayed it will affect the CIBIL score.

I am planning to stop using it after December. In TnC it was mentioned "Cash backs accrued shall automatically be forfeited immediately after voluntary or involuntary cancellation" "And no refund, extension or compensation shall be given by Axis Bank even if the card member’s membership is reinstated."
Yes, put some amount so they do not immediately close the card. Purpose here is to stop the card cancellation. Even if they close it, you can pay the outstanding and no CIBIL effect.

Yes, you should do this only after getting the all CB. Otherwise you will lose it.

They can't close ur card if there's any outstanding in ur card so, u can try ur luck

I am in same situation not able to decide if I should close it or not
as it gives direct cashback of 1.5% on other spends it is one of the good cards for offline spends till date

I'll use it till next renewal and If I find it worthy I'll pay AF otherwise I'll close it

You can use Airtel to pay utility bills, get 250 on 2500 cashback every month.

You can also buy Amazon pay vouchers and use them to pay all utility bills.
Buying Amazon pay can give you 9.6 to 14% return using Magnus burgundy, Infinia, DCB

I can no longer pay electricity bill payment using GPay. I want to close Ace card as its not worth Rs 590 fee for 1.5% cash back. Instead I will use Airtel or Amazon card and get 1% cash back. I have Neo as well.

First year joining fee was reversed as I spent 10k in 45 days. I made above 1 lakh spends last year. I paid renewal fee in April 2024. Can I keep this card till December and close it since I already paid renewal fee for this year. I guess I have time till March 2025 is that correct?

Should I call mobile banking support and request for card closure how long will it take for closing the card.

Ace, Airtel and Neo have same credit limit I think it won't affect my CIBIL? My over all credit cards limit is around 31 lakhs.
Ace has been giving 10% GPay tap n pay offer since May and will end in August. Let the cashback come and then close the card, if you have utilised the offer.

T

hey will offer you 2k points as retention. Which is 500 worth... send email for card closure and you get points in return for using the card. Later its upto you !

Back