• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to create a long term Primary bank account which can also aid in pre approved offers for credit cards

adamwrites

TF Buzz
Hello people, I have been using Indian Bank since 2014 till now, it's quite basic in services nothing in credit card segment, so considering switching to a bank which can provide me pre approved credit card offers and upgrades in the long run as I am a self employee and not on salaried so pre-approved is little easier.

Did a little digging and found two accounts that would be helpful for me
1.Axis bank liberty account with either spend or minimum MAB of 25k(Have 2 cards Flipkart/IndianOIl )
2.HDFC SavingsMax account with minimum 25k MAB or 1lakh FD as i live in rural/semi-urban area

Would like your opinions on whether to solidify my portfolio with Axis and look for upgrade options or to dive into HDFC world. Can maintain a MAB of above 2 lakh for 5-6 months for getting preferred account and for increasing my chances, Mainly into cashback not travel rewards.

Current card holdings:
1.Amazon pay ICICI Card(is it that bad for c4c with hdfc as i have above 1lakh limit (2.5 years old card))
2.Flipkart Axis Bank Card
3.IndianOil Axis Bank Card (is it a core card, as I found in some attachment in here)

I did go through a fair amount of forums before posting, just wanted to get a little perspective based on my current credit card holdings in choosing between the two accounts.

Hello people, I have been using Indian Bank since 2014 till now, it's quite basic in services nothing in credit card segment, so considering switching to a bank which can provide me pre approved credit card offers and upgrades in the long run as I am a self employee and not on salaried so pre-approved is little easier.

1.Axis bank liberty account with either spend or minimum MAB of 25k(Have 2 cards Flipkart/IndianOIl )
2.HDFC SavingsMax account with minimum 25k MAB or 1lakh FD as i live in rural/semi-urban area

Would like your opinions on whether to solidify my portfolio with Axis and look for upgrade options or to dive into HDFC world. Can maintain a MAB of above 2 lakh for 5-6 months for getting preferred account and for increasing my chances, Mainly into cashback not travel rewards.

Current card holdings:
1.Amazon pay ICICI Card(is it that bad for c4c with hdfc as i have above 1lakh limit (2.5 years old card))
3.IndianOil Axis Bank Card (is it a core card, as I found in some attachment in here)
Get hdfc account for better pre approved offer .

Current card holdings:
First of all if you are having trouble in apay for C2C, look in the imobile app if there's coral rupay pre approved if yes take it. If not then go to Twitter and request for a platinum card, you will easily get it . Latar these cards can be used for C2C.

For accounts perspective go for hdfc 25k one and make high utilisation and transaction if possible keep over one lakh balance for some time. You certainly will get a pre-approved offer within 3 to 6 months.

Pro tip: if you get money back card pre approved, please don't take it. Wait and take Atleast millennia.

*Because money back is forever*

My cousin (working since 5 years with 50k salary and no credit cards), asked me similar question a few weeks ago.

I asked him to go with HDFC SavingsMax account with min 25k MAB and free Easyshop Platinum debit card. And also asked him to try to get a LTF Millennia credit card (and NOT any other card).

If you do go with any another Bank, please do let us know here (and your views on it).

Back