• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platforms and Mechanisms for Credit card bill payment through Debit cards - Updated June 2023

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As many forum members would be aware, paying Credit Card bills through Debit cards can be quite rewarding in terms of cashback or reward points. Here are the best ways of which am aware, with brief details. Please do comment with your thoughts, corrections or views
  • HDFC Bill Pay using HDFC Easyshop Platinum Debit Card - 1% cashback up to Rs. 750 when paying through HDFC Bill Pay and MobiKwik only; adding a biller and being able to make payment takes 24-48 working hours. Payment credit is the slowest among all platforms. Cannot pay HDFC Credit cards via this method.
  • RBL Signature Plus Debit Card - 1% cashback up to Rs. 1 lakh spend every month + 1% milestone on Rs. 5 Lakh annual spend; high joining fees of Rs. 5900 offset by Rs. 5000 vouchers.
  • Indusind Exclusive Debit Card - 0.93% cashback on a sweet-spot spend of Rs. 1,12,500; lower cashback for lower spend. Need an exclusive account with a higher MAB.
  • Axis Burgundy Debit Card - Flat 1% Edge Reward points which can be converted to Airmiles or Hotel points on a 5:4 basis, if you also hold an HNI card like Axis Magnus or Reserve. Need a Burgundy account with higher MAB/Salary
  • Jupiter Pro - 1% cashback up to Rs. 150 on Debit Card spends and Rs. 100 on UPI - need to maintain Pro-level AMB of Rs. 10,000 for the benefits or have a salary account. The cashback is in terms of Jewels - personally have not used it as I am not keen on maintaining the Pro status.

Payment methods aside, these are platforms I am aware of for making CC Bill payments, which support Debit Cards:​
  • MobiKwik - quick credits, and coupons like Flat Rs. 50 for 1st CC Bill Payment of the month and up to 1% cashback. Supports payment up to Rs. 20,000 on my Indusind Exclusive VISA DC. I succeeded in making Rs. 60,000 using 3 back-to-back transactions on my Exclusive DC, but Mobikwik is no longer permitting more payments on this DC.​
  • Paytm - quick credits, but high failure rates on my IndusInd Exclusive VISA DC; refunds take 5-6 working days. Cashback in terms of Paytm Cashback points worth Rs. 50-100. Mastercard Debit cards are not allowed.
  • Cred - fastest credits, and success rate. The minimum payment for Debit Cards is Rs. 50,000. Pathetic cashback.​
  • CheQ - 0.3% voucher value back - not recommended as the app has huge privacy concerns and shady founders.​
Would love to know if there are any more platforms or mechanisms to pay CC bills through DCs.

Last edited:
due to some reason am not getting cashback rewards for my easyshop platinum debit card (imperia) for both CRED & Paytm when used for credit card payments.

it works for mobikwik, but capped at 20k per transaction .

due to some reason am not getting cashback rewards for my easyshop platinum debit card (imperia) for both CRED & Paytm when used for credit card payments.

it works for mobikwik, but capped at 20k per transaction .
Really? Mobikwik gave 1% cb on easyshop platinum debit card? Generally, this card gives cashback only on hdfc billpay.

UPI payment via Amazon money to where? Using third party app like cred etc or doing a upi to a number (followed by cc number)@upi something that axis allows.
UPI payment on Snapay for paying CC bill, you need to enter your Amazon wallet UPI ID (mobilenumber@amazonpay) on Snapay and approve request on Amazon

Back