• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest a wealth/premium account in any bank (particularly HDFC)

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear friends,

Your kind suggestions regarding any premium/wealth account other than HDFC as well - would be highly appreciated.

I am looking to open a new HDFC savings account. Is there any offer that HDFC is running at the moment like that of an ICICI Wealth account or IndusInd Exclusive account for which only a large initial funding amount is required but 0 or no monthly average balance is required after the initial funding?

Or maybe, a wealth/premium account that requires a comparatively lesser monthly average balance and offers premium services and good credit card pre-approved facilities/offers?

Or can one receive a premium/wealth bank account without any monthly average balance requirement based on a premium credit card variant with that particular bank (in case of HDFC Infinia, Diners)? For example, I've heard that one automatically becomes eligible for an ICICI Wealth account with a premium ICICI credit card such as Sapphiro/Emeralde.

Or any other medium via which one can hold a premium/wealth account with HDFC without requiring to maintain a high NRV (Net Relationship Value) or a high monthly average balance?

Thank you very much in advance : )

There is no such thing as premium account in HDFC yes they have some programs called IMPERIA but it’s only for selling their useless products to customers with high NRV and trust me I am with HDFC from 12 years and they won’t even give you a locker before you buy an useless insurance with RM and anything you ask ur RM, he acts like he is doing a favour to you. Absolutely useless bank for wealth management. Their wealth management is to sell their products to you.

Or can one receive a premium/wealth bank account without any monthly average balance requirement based on a premium credit card variant with that particular bank (in case of HDFC Infinia, Diners)? For example, I've heard that one automatically becomes eligible for an ICICI Wealth account with a premium ICICI credit card such as Sapphiro/Emeralde.
does this work with IDFC wealth CC? like having IDFC wealth cc makes us eligible for IDFC wealth banking?

There is no such thing as premium account in HDFC yes they have some programs called IMPERIA but it’s only for selling their useless products to customers with high NRV and trust me I am with HDFC from 12 years and they won’t even give you a locker before you buy an useless insurance with RM and anything you ask ur RM, he acts like he is doing a favour to you. Absolutely useless bank for wealth management. Their wealth management is to sell their products to you.
Thank you @ARV

Which account, NRV and credit card do you hold with HDFC at the moment and how has your experience with them been in terms of pre-approved offers, etc.?

Also, which bank would you recommend, please?

Ive heard most of the forum members against opening an account in hdfc. ICICI has been suggested by most!
Thanks @amar666

I could look into opening accounts with other banks as well - but I plan to open HDFC account at the moment as it is more of a requirement.

Dear friends,

Your kind suggestions regarding any premium/wealth account other than HDFC as well - would be highly appreciated.

I am looking to open a new HDFC savings account. Is there any offer that HDFC is running at the moment like that of an ICICI Wealth account or IndusInd Exclusive account for which only a large initial funding amount is required but 0 or no monthly average balance is required after the initial funding?

Or maybe, a wealth/premium account that requires a comparatively lesser monthly average balance and offers premium services and good credit card pre-approved facilities/offers?

Or any other medium via which one can hold a premium/wealth account with HDFC without requiring to maintain a high NRV (Net Relationship Value) or a high monthly average balance?

Thank you very much in advance : )
With 10L Init Funding , Open IDFC First Wealth Account . 0Bal 0Charges Bank account with best 27x7 customer care.
Wait for few months and get Wealth CC Pre-Approved

Thank you @ARV

Which account, NRV and credit card do you hold with HDFC at the moment and how has your experience with them been in terms of pre-approved offers, etc.?

Also, which bank would you recommend, please?
If you can, stay away from HDFC if you really want to experience privilege banking. I'm having their Preferred account but its of no use. RM is useless. No upgrade from their basic Moneyback CC based on relationship in last 3 years. You won't feel like you're holding any extra ordinary account with them. HDFC is like just another PSU bank. Even SBI is better than them.

Axis burgundy if you are interested in good credit cards.

ICICI Wealth management because of ICICI service.

Not sure how, IndusInd and IDFC.
IndusInd and IDFC are also same. Behind the wealth management, they try to sell you Insurance/Mutual funds.

Recently I visited IndusInd bank to update my son's Aadhaar fingerprints. During that time, one of bank's representative reach out to me to open an account. So I said, "I already have an account" and after that she tried to convince me to take Tata AIG insurance which I was not agreed at that moment.

But I asked one question to representative, is this insurance will be part of NRV and she said, "no". As this is TATA AIG insurance, we can not consider it in NRV.

So, the question is why people will take insurance from bank if that is not considered against NRV with bank.

Rest you can understand.

In Axis bank, they check your MAB regularly and downgrade your account if not maintained. So Axis burgundy isn't suitable for him .
Yes, I was told this by a manager that every quarter they will check MAB and if not matched, it will be donwgraded but the credit card you get along with the account will still be active and there will be no charges for non MAB

Presently a wealth management customer with ICICI. Overall experience has been decent. And mostly things get done online so rarely need to visit branch.

After having a salary account with HDFC, I started to respect SBI even more. So, won't be recommending HDFC to anyone.

Presently a wealth management customer with ICICI. Overall experience has been decent. And mostly things get done online so rarely need to visit branch.

After having a salary account with HDFC, I started to respect SBI even more. So, won't be recommending HDFC to anyone.
Which ICICI card debit/credit did you get with ICICI Wealth and what was the criteria for you to get onboarded.
Do you have to maintain any balance or do they nag you to keep funding your account? Pls shar experience.

hdfc feels like the most archaic bank. If not for salary account I wouldn’t want to deal with them. Icici even with privilege banking felt far superior.
TBH I haven’t felt any difference in wealth vs privilege account with them.

Back