• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit card no limit enhancement

ImKushal

TF Select
Hello TF Legends,

I've got PNB Rupay Platinum Credit Card In 2023 with 50k Limit but after 6 months i requested them to increase limit they increased the limit to 75k only
Now from almost 1yr im fighting with them to increase the Credit Card limit via Self Employed ITR 6.95L still they're denying n saying "We would like to inform you that your credit limit enhancement request has been declined due to present limit is sufficient as per bank guidelines."

Threaten them to close the card but as being A**hole they're saying kindly pay the bill n confirm us to process the card closure request 😒

Please help

Hello TF Legends,

I've got PNB Rupay Platinum Credit Card In 2023 with 50k Limit but after 6 months i requested them to increase limit they increased the limit to 75k only
Now from almost 1yr im fighting with them to increase the Credit Card limit via Self Employed ITR 6.95L still they're denying n saying "We would like to inform you that your credit limit enhancement request has been declined due to present limit is sufficient as per bank guidelines."

Threaten them to close the card but as being A**hole they're saying kindly pay the bill n confirm us to process the card closure request😒

Please help
Some banks won’t give much limits dude pass on to other cards
Pnb and federal are low limit examples

Hello TF Legends,

Threaten them to close the card but as being A**hole they're saying kindly pay the bill n confirm us to process the card closure request😒

Please help

I think you got correct credit limit assigned to your card.

Hello TF Legends,

Please help
Close less used cards and try again for LE.
PSU are conservative in assigning limit.

You will face this situation with PSU, as they take your total debt into consideration. (over leveraged..?)
For some time don't take LE from private players, if you badly need LE on PNB as it's a sticky situation.
Didn't get ur point of (don't tk LE from private banks)??
I don't think they'll Give much limit to Self Employed i hv to submit Payslip of 1L per month . I guess

Hello TF Legends,

Please help
At least they gave you a card.
They kept declining my application saying over-leverage and I had to take card against FD. No issue as I always have some FD with them.

If u r much in need of this card then ok
But better always avoid F slips
Y can u please explain??
& Bdw There's nothing much im expecting from this card bt if it's limit reached to 1L or above at least it'll be beneficial for online offers in sale & i already removed all my enquiry of PNB by raising dispute they put enquiry bt didn't increase the CL. So.

Last edited:
I always keep some funds here and there in small FDs.
PNB used to be my salary account for a couple of years. had those FDs on auto-renewal since then.
Close it and Apply after 6 month keeping FD with them won't give u much benefit u can remove the enquiry everytime whenever they declined ur Application

Didn't get ur point of (don't tk LE from private banks)??
I don't think they'll Give much limit to Self Employed i hv to submit Payslip of 1L per month . I guess
At least they gave you a card.
They kept declining my application saying over-leverage and I had to take card against FD. No issue as I always have some FD with them.
@imdjay made it crystal clear.

Life is not a wish granting factory buddy, banks can only give you credit upto a certain limit.

Total credit limit = Risk Factor * income,

Risk factor depends on bank to bank and your relation with bank.

You have already said-
You dont want to close any card (existing debt)
But you are ready to accept LE ( increment of debt while being over leveraged )

So, if PNB is expendable asset for you than keep on taking LE from other banks, no issues.

Back