• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Potential risk to apply credit card via unknown individuals in online claiming as RM

sabya123

TF Buzz
As it says in the title, many times I see posts here in technofino or Reddit in which individuals (you do not know) claim they are getting LTF from their RM, and lot of us get tempted to contact these bank RMs (or atleast they call themselves) to get these card offers. My question is how safe is it to apply credit card with them. We do not know if they are real and then they ask for payslip Aadhar validation etc, I am worried all these information can be leaked and that may cause bigger financial trouble.

I want to understand what are the potential risk applying card in this route and how can we ensure to not be trapped by fraudulent operations.

Also can we verify somehow of their affiliation with these banks before we handover our critical information. Many thanks.

As it says in the title, many times I see posts here in technofino or Reddit in which individuals (you do not know) claim they are getting LTF from their RM, and lot of us get tempted to contact these bank RMs (or atleast they call themselves) to get these card offers. My question is how safe is it to apply credit card with them. We do not know if they are real and then they ask for payslip Aadhar validation etc, I am worried all these information can be leaked and that may cause bigger financial trouble.

I want to understand what are the potential risk applying card in this route and how can we ensure to not be trapped by fraudulent operations.

Also can we verify somehow of their affiliation with these banks before we handover our critical information. Many thanks.
Don't do this way.. never send any aadhar, Pan etc docs via Whatsapp.
We don't know what happens after those docs are left from ourside to the external parties.
Ask them to send an email from their official email id from the bank..

There will be some genuine third party authorised agents calling you..
They will have some id / email ask them to send and ask them to apply online they will apply online and it will go to the offical bank site then you can provide the link on that official Bank website..
Never send physical docs..
Hope this clarifies a bit .

Last edited:
Don't do this way.. never send any aadhar, Pan etc docs via Whatsapp.
We don't know what happens after those docs were left from ourside to the external parties.
Ask them to send an email from their official email id from the bank..

There will be some genuine third party authorised agents calling you..
They will have some id / email ask them to send and ask them to apply online they will apply online and it will go to the offical bank site then you can provide the link on that official Bank website..
Never send physical docs..
Hope this clarifies a bit .
Many Thanks,

When I called this RM, he first said payslip required, later knowing that I have banking relationship, he said payslip not require and he will send a guy to my address to validate aadhar for the application. Any way to check if this guy coming to my address is genuine asking for ID etc?
I belive anything shady should be aparent how he conduct the whole process, forms he brings and Aadhar validation process.Anything in particular to look out for?

Don't apply via strangers through virtually ..... call or WhatsApp.

Apply through online or branch, mostly all banks have agents or co-brand cards.
Not applying virtually. The agent will send someone to my place to validate Aadhar, how to ensure that these people are genuine is my concern. I don't see a full proof solution.

Many Thanks,

When I called this RM, he first said payslip required, later knowing that I have banking relationship, he said payslip not require and he will send a guy to my address to validate aadhar for the application. Any way to check if this guy coming to my address is genuine asking for ID etc?
I belive anything shady should be aparent how he conduct the whole process, forms he brings and Aadhar validation process.Anything in particular to look out for?
where is this location ?
Ask that RM guys send an email from the offical email id first ..
which bank is this??
Please give more details not just half half ..

Many Thanks,

They will just verify your address.

Agent will report address is valid or not.
No need to fill any forms ....

Many Thanks,

There are many ways to recognize the identity of the person. Ask for Official Bank ID. Ask for his official mail and send a test mail to his account. If it bounces there can be issues. He / She might ask for Aadhar verification. The OTP for Aadhar verification states, which institution is authenticating you. Combination of these things should be good enough to verify the authenticity.

Many Thanks,

You can see your br RM details in your axis open 🤣 mobile app.

Also you can contact axis customer care and verify personal RM details.

You can see your br RM details in your axis open 🤣 mobile app.

Also you can contact axis customer care and verify personal RM details.
Unfortunately my personal RM has not been helpful in getting LTF, me being priority account holder. But this RM said he can get me Arlas LTF which is why I am tmpted to apply via him.

There are many ways to recognize the identity of the person. Ask for Official Bank ID. Ask for his official mail and send a test mail to his account. If it bounces there can be issues. He / She might ask for Aadhar verification. The OTP for Aadhar verification states, which institution is authenticating you. Combination of these things should be good enough to verify the authenticity.
Thanks, I like all these tips.

Understood. Any idea, after Aadhar validation how he process the application? Will he send some links to apply directly, I am comfortable that way.
If you have account in bank, rm's can process directly your application without aadhar otp too.

If they ask aadhar otp, ignore them and ask will do physical kyc, agent will come and take aadhar biometric ... for kyc.

If you get aadhar otp or do biometric kyc .... you can find source of that request via ... email, If you have updated the mail in aadhar.

If you have account in bank, rm's can process directly your application without aadhar otp too.

If they ask aadhar otp, ignore them and ask will do physical kyc, agent will come and take aadhar biometric ... for kyc.

If you get aadhar otp or do biometric kyc .... you can find source of that request via ... email, If you have updated the mail in aadhar.
Yes, I will check these. Thanks.

Back