• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Prior to Amazon ICICI application help/suggestions needed

zenchill

TF Select
I had a savings bank account which I hardly used with a bank which was taken over by ICICI Bank. Over the years they increased the MAB to regular account and so I withdrew funds but didn’t close the account. The account is now dormant and may be they may have added some MAB non maintenance charges.
I have been thinking of applying ICICI Amazon CC. Now as per my understanding if you are already an ICICI customer it helps with approval (considering they are rejecting quite a lot recently)
Also some threads say go for regular ICICI CC first and then Amazon variant.
Please suggest what’s the better option.
Option 1: Apply for Amazon ICICI straight away
Option 2: make my dormant account active, pay non MAB charges etc and then apply
Or
Option 3: Reactivate dormant account, wait for a regular CC offering and once I get that which I don’t know when it may be then look at amazon pay ICICI.

Experts comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bhai had gone to ICICI bank for rekyc. The banker says MAB are charges before account went dormant are unlikely to be waived off and once you do rekyc and add funds they will deduct. It wont show a -ve balance but charges will be deducted when you add funds. He suggested to close this one account and open a fresh account if you want.

Since my objective currently is Amazon ICICI card application and i think my phone number may be linked to the current customer id (of this dormant account).

So should i close the account to get customer id and phone number off the record before applying for ICICI amazon card?

Or can i just apply for amazon ICICI card nonetheless and they will generate another customer id for the card account if approved?

Thoda expert guidance needed. Thanks to all bhai log in advance.
Do you have banner in icici to get card under 30 second ?
If no

Active your account / close your account

Open new account maintain some balance till march end ..
U will be good to go ..

Else if u apply and get rejected..u have to wait 6 month

By using icici account with good balance u can get icici core card and apay easy .
This is more realistic chance than last one

but but but if u have cc limit of 1.2 lakh and year old cc
Apply c2c via offline agent.
Then u will save time for pre approved offer.

Icici is going through some internal therapy .
Now it all depends on u

To try ur luck and your luck shines with icici bcz of your strong cibil profile and u get apay or

Get rejected and wait for 6 month

Then additional 1-2 month for banner of get under 30. Second with lots of Shopping on Amazon

Bhai had gone to ICICI bank for rekyc. The banker says MAB are charges before account went dormant are unlikely to be waived off and once you do rekyc and add funds they will deduct. It wont show a -ve balance but charges will be deducted when you add funds. He suggested to close this one account and open a fresh account if you want.

Since my objective currently is Amazon ICICI card application and i think my phone number may be linked to the current customer id (of this dormant account).

So should i close the account to get customer id and phone number off the record before applying for ICICI amazon card?

Or can i just apply for amazon ICICI card nonetheless and they will generate another customer id for the card account if approved?

Thoda expert guidance needed. Thanks to all bhai log in advance.
Just do rekyc of your saving account and apply Amazonpay cc no need to add fund in account

Do you have banner in icici to get card under 30 second ?
If no

Active your account / close your account

Open new account maintain some balance till march end ..
U will be good to go ..

Else if u apply and get rejected..u have to wait 6 month

By using icici account with good balance u can get icici core card and apay easy .
This is more realistic chance than last one

but but but if u have cc limit of 1.2 lakh and year old cc
Apply c2c via offline agent.
Then u will save time for pre approved offer.

Icici is going through some internal therapy .
Now it all depends on u

To try ur luck and your luck shines with icici bcz of your strong cibil profile and u get apay or

Get rejected and wait for 6 month

Then additional 1-2 month for banner of get under 30. Second with lots of Shopping on Amazon
Bhai cibil is strong at 780. have a 5 year old SBI CC with 1 Lakh limit.
C2C ICICI core card via agent or apay direct apply? Which one sounds better?
If i take a chnace with apay application, old customer id can be a problem? should i get that account closed first? (Currently getting apply for apay banner but not 30 seconds one. Get a push notification off and on to apply for the card via amazon app. Have good purchase history with amazon though.)

Just do rekyc of your saving account and apply Amazonpay cc no need to add fund in account
Bhai they will start adding MAB charges once i reactivate thats what the banker told me. so it will get complied because to add funds would be an issue since old deductions are unlikely to be waived. Better close it then? Kya bolte ho?

Bhai cibil is strong at 780. have a 5 year old SBI CC with 1 Lakh limit.
C2C ICICI core card via agent or apay direct apply? Which one sounds better?
If i take a chnace with apay application, old customer id can be a problem? should i get that account closed first? (Currently getting apply for apay banner but not 30 seconds one. Get a push notification off and on to apply for the card via amazon app. Have good purchase history with amazon though.)
Then do what @NShah said .
No harm in rekyc .

Apply apay.
If successful well & good
If rejected .
Close the account ..open new account.or try c2c via agent after 3 month .

Then after 6 month u r good to go with apay again

If either apay or core card get approved .. life becomes easy thereafter

Bhai they will start adding MAB charges once i reactivate thats what the banker told me. so it will get complied because to add funds would be an issue since old deductions are unlikely to be waived. Better close it then? Kya bolte ho?
Do rekyc ..apply if rejected .. close next day
Or close & open new account & wait for 30 second banner on apay ..

Apay is seeing so many rejection lately .maybe try c2c first .
Even if c2c get rejected in 3 months time u will get 30 second banner in apay

Mab se kuch Lena Dena nahi hai abhi
Abhi sirf card apply karte time kyc issue na aajaye uske liye rekyc karlo
Icici bank offline mein normal saving account nahi open karke de raha hai only 50k mab bahut se tf member ne bataya hai community mein

Icici bank offline mein normal saving account nahi open karke de raha hai only 50k mab bahut se tf member ne bataya hai community mein
Yo that's why i said icici gone rogue

Few week back wealth management. Now 50k .. ufff

I had a savings bank account which I hardly used with a bank which was taken over by ICICI Bank. Over the years they increased the MAB to regular account and so I withdrew funds but didn’t close the account. The account is now dormant and may be they may have added some MAB non maintenance charges.
I have been thinking of applying ICICI Amazon CC. Now as per my understanding if you are already an ICICI customer it helps with approval (considering they are rejecting quite a lot recently)
Also some threads say go for regular ICICI CC first and then Amazon variant.
Please suggest what’s the better option.
Option 1: Apply for Amazon ICICI straight away
Option 2: make my dormant account active, pay non MAB charges etc and then apply
Or
Option 3: Reactivate dormant account, wait for a regular CC offering and once I get that which I don’t know when it may be then look at amazon pay ICICI.

Experts comments welcome. Thanks in advance.
Yo could apply for the card straight away, but the discretion would be solely by ICICI, as they would be able to see the Account Status, after the PAN Check. so it could be mixed opinion. However, if the account doesn't show with the Pan, then absolutely, they would approve, the only concern left would be the Salary Slips, for which they ask for 35K monthly, and 25K, at times if account with them.

However, they ignore that half of the times

You could also look out for HDFC Millennia CC, as well, as with Smart Buy, you could get 5 times of the base 1% Cashback

Arrey ye 50k mab vaale ke liye branch tang krta hai bss target ke liye. Icici walo ka humesha ka hai, koi latest news nahi hai. Ek X pr tweet daalo, udte phirte aaynge piche piche

Bhaiyo acc closure request Dali thi dormant account ki in nearest branch. Got service request number yesterday and a sms today that service request is on hold. (Possibly due to mab charges in dormant account).

Msg says contact branch where you gave service request.

Kya karun ab?

Should I mail customer care with service request number asking for details so that I have everything in writing if RBI mein escalate karna pade or do I go to the branch where I have acc closure request.
Pls guide

Bhaiyo acc closure request Dali thi dormant account ki in nearest branch. Got service request number yesterday and a sms today that service request is on hold. (Possibly due to mab charges in dormant account).

Msg says contact branch where you gave service request.

Kya karun ab?

Should I mail customer care with service request number asking for details so that I have everything in writing if RBI mein escalate karna pade or do I go to the branch where I have acc closure request.
Pls guide
Contact branch agar branch Wale mab charges pay karne bol rahe hai to Rbi ko complaint Karo
Waise branch Wale mab charges waive off kar denge

Contact branch agar branch Wale mab charges pay karne bol rahe hai to Rbi ko complaint Karo
Waise branch Wale mab charges waive off kar denge
Bhai RBI complaint se pehle I need to raise with the bank and only after 30 days or no solution can I go to RBI. As of now I have nothing in writing and going to bank branch will also mean verbal communication.

Cc to mail karun kya service request number update ki? Atleast I will have written communication.

Ps: home branch mein nahin di closure request as it's far. Closest ICICI branch mein di hai. Only home branch can waive off charges i think.

Option 1- Apply Amazonpay cc
Are you getting any banner like get card in 60 seconds or 30 minutes?
Hey, I am getting this banner in my maa amazon account. It says, "Get Amazon Pay ICICI credit card approved in 30 mins & enjoy 3% back (Rs.X,XXX). Apply now" on every product page. Also, same banner on card page. In the meantime, I got at least 2-3 calls from icici people to apply it as LTF. My maa has Secured OneCard (15k limit) for 1.6yrs & recently approved Airtel Axis (40k limit) from this Aug. She also Amazon PayLater of 30k limit. Cibil-774, experian-794 & equifax-820+. & Self employed.

Should I apply? or wait for 3-4 months as recently approved Axis card?

Attachments

• 1726503290067.webp
    1726503290067.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 4
Back