• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Privacy Oriented UPI apps?

RajeshV

TF Premier
Are there any UPI apps that use randomized or custom VPAs and don't reveal your details such as name and number to recepients?

Is it p2p crypto related transaction? If it is then be careful that the bank account might get freeze.

Otherwise you can register a business and get UPI linked to your business current account which will keep your name private and show business name only.

Is it p2p crypto related transaction? If it is then be careful that the bank account might get freeze.

Otherwise you can register a business and get UPI linked to your business current account which will keep your name private and show business name only.
It isn't any particular transaction. I don't care for random merchants (on/offline) having access to my details.

I'm a bit surprised that people have completely accepted the concept of your information being shared and instead approaching privacy as if it involves a malicious intent.

Yup, I guess it's now mandatory to reveal name, I remember in the past the recipient only got the phone number for money received via Paytm wallet transactions
Phone number sharing is actually worse than name :/

It isn't any particular transaction. I don't care for random merchants (on/offline) having access to my details.

I'm a bit surprised that people have completely accepted the concept of your information being shared and instead approaching privacy as if it involves a malicious intent.
But there is a positive connotation as well, once we enter someone's UPI address and hit enter, it shows their bank name, which ensures us that we are making payment to the correct person.

Even after all of this, people are falling for scams :/

Phone number sharing is actually worse than name :/
Completely agreed, that's why I use BHIM UPI, I've made a custom one, which doesn't show my phone number.

But there is a positive connotation as well, once we enter someone's UPI address and hit enter, it shows their bank name, which ensures us that we are making payment to the correct person.

Even after all of this, people are falling for scams :/

Completely agreed, that's why I use BHIM UPI, I've made a custom one, which doesn't show my phone number.
le paesabazar and other apps like chuskaro..when u login with phn nmbr..ye boi..ab tere nmbr k 6ix9ine hoga

Back