• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query about SBI Rishtey?

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,
Has anyone tried getting the family banking service of SBI called SBI Rishtey?

How was your experience and what all benefits does it provide. There is very limited information even on their website.

Specific Use case that I wanted to ask: Can I group my account under family member's Diamond/Platinum salary account and get rupay Plat/select card issued to me without charges?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot @MrWick for your help and information in this regard.
I finally got the family accounts converted to SBI RISHTEY account type. The ABH was also impressed that I have the information which even SBI employees in their branch don't have. He also thanked me for this information which he learnt. I mentioned my friend works in SBI, who guided me on this.
Currently, got issued the RPJ for my account (I am family member, primary holder is my sibling).

how u did ? BM is not knowing. being secondary acc holder, can i go and request them to link the family accs or primary holder has to request in person at branch? can this be done online?

how u did ? BM is not knowing. being secondary acc holder, can i go and request them to link the family accs or primary holder has to request in person at branch? can this be done online?
I accompanied my sibling (primary holder) to the branch for authrization and signing on the forms. But I was holding the talks and other follow-ups as my sibling is not much into banking products

For you: Ask the BM to refer any other branch to get the details. Mention that this service is offered on the website.
Also, 100% of the process needs to be done at branch level, nothing online.

All the accounts needs to be trasnferred to the same home branch, also, all family members will need to sign on the Rishtey form along with their self attested KYC. Main holder needs to sign on the form as well (no KYC was asked for main holder)

@MrWick @R@J any idea if lounge benefit is available for family members under SBI Rishtey holding Rupay Platinum card?

Asking since I had a VISA Platinum earlier before converting account to Salary account but lounge access was not allowed. On calling SBI customer care, they said only Salary accounts are eligible.

Since my account is a salary account, would lounge access be available for cards issued to my family members under SBI Rishtey?

Last edited:
@MrWick @R@J any idea if lounge benefit is available for family members under SBI Rishtey Rupay Platinum card?

Asking since I had a VISA Platinum earlier before converting account to Salary account but lounge access was not allowed. On calling SBI customer care, they said only Salary accounts are eligible.

Since my account is a salary account, would lounge access be available for cards issued to my family members under SBI Rishtey?
I guess lounge benefits are feature of the debit card - so, it will depend on the card issued to family members savings account. You can request RPJ (Rupay Platinum JCB) card for their accounts, which has lounge access.

I guess lounge benefits are feature of the debit card - so, it will depend on the card issued to family members savings account. You can request RPJ (Rupay Platinum JCB) card for their accounts, which has lounge access.
Visa Platinum also has complementary lounge access but it was rejected for basic account

@Abhishek012 Rupay Guru any idea if SBI Rupay Platinum RPJ have lounge access for non salary account holders? Plus is the card under Rupay Select Welness program?

Last edited:
Visa Platinum also has complementary lounge access but it was rejected for basic account

@Abhishek012 Rupay Guru any idea if SBI Rupay Platinum RPJ have lounge access for non salary account holders? Plus is the card under Rupay Select Welness program?
@Abhishek012 can throw some light on the lounge benefits on one of his fav SBI cards - RPJ :p

@shivamk For your second question, the answer is No. RPJ doesnot have rupay wellness benefits. Only Diamond (not sure about gold) variants cards issued under Rupay Platinum PLatform have the rupay benefits benefits of Amazon Prime & Swiggy One and these cards could be applied only on CSP Salary account's primary holder.

Edit: corrected the rupay benefits

Last edited:
@MrWick @R@J any idea if lounge benefit is available for family members under SBI Rishtey Rupay Platinum card?

SBI Rishtey Rupay Platinum card ? Yeh konsa unique card hai ?

Card pe Rishtey likha hua hai kya ?

Lounge access has nothing to do with Account type. It's based exclusively on the type of Debit card you are holding. RPJ provides lounge access facility irrespective of the account type or code

@Abhishek012 can throw some light on the lounge benefits on one of his fav SBI cards - RPJ :p

@shivamk For your second question, the answer is No. RPJ doesnot have rupay wellness benefits. Only Gold & Diamond variants cards issued under Rupay Platinum have the rupay wellness benefits and these cards could be applied only on CSP Salary account's primary holder.
Gold & Diamond doesn't provide Wellness benefits as they are available on Rupay Platinum platform not on Rupay Select platform

Reactions: R@J
Gold & Diamond doesn't provide Wellness benefits as they are available on Rupay Platinum platform not on Rupay Select platform
Thanks @MrWick , realized my mistake just now. I meant the additional rupay benefits (Amazon prime, Swiggy One). I notice the wellness and OTT benefits are not provided on the CSP Diamond cards that are issued on Rupay Platinum platform.

1712076549674.png

@R@J I have a query is it necessary to have dependent account in the same branch ? Is it a official rule ?
@ritwik2000 I don't know if there's official rule for this or not (couldn't see their internal circulars).....but it is required operationally.

In SBI, they cant change account level details for accounts of other branches (normally, without using elevated powers - which are done in exceptional cases).....so, in order to make changes to the dependent account type, it must be in the same branch so that the same staff can do the changes, without any challenge.

I'll suggest you transfer the account to required branch through INB/app and then get it transferred back to original branch after everything is done.
From INB/app, i guess there's a freeze time of 3 or 6 months for account transfer..... so, you can wait for 3/6 months or get it done manually from branch (they may ask KYC documents again). I'm following the first option - I prefer to wait than getting it done through branch

@shivamk : So, after lots and lots of follow-ups, I was told that th accounts have been grouped under the master account (Platinum-salary variant), but the dependent/family accounts will continue to be in the normal account type (like unlike Axis or so- where all of the family members accounts gets upgraded). I was told that family members will just get the charges free debit card and other benefits as per Rishtey offer.

However, there is no option wherein I can check it myself.... just waiting for annual fee on any of the family members cards - if it's not applied, then can assume that grouping has been done successfully.

I was not happy with the overall offering:
- Dependent account were still under normal Savings account type/code (SB Plus)
- Only RPJ (Rupay JCB) card was issued to dependents (which anyone can get from branch), otherwise would have became eligible for Rupay Select if all the accounts were upgraded to Platinum salary equivalent.
- I was made to sign forms, provide KYC from all members and then transfer all the accounts to same branch (bcz they said only then they could change the account type) - but all for nothing as in the last they just kept the other accounts as it is

Not worth all the troubles, follow-ups and very limited value proposition!

Please let me know if I have missed on anything or any bigger branch is offering a better proposition.

@MrWick :Any inputs from your side? @amit90
I am holding a sbi rishtey account when your account gets converted you'll get email from sbi thanks for maintaining salary account with to all the rishtey account holders yes all the charges are waived of for sbi account

Reactions: R@J
I am holding a sbi rishtey account when your account gets converted you'll get email from sbi thanks for maintaining salary account with to all the rishtey account holders yes all the charges are waived of for sbi account
Got it. Actually I wanted to know if SBI wealth also has Rishtey feature but it looks like it's specific to Salary accounts

Back