• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Quest to find a good salary account

gopalkaul

TF Buzz
I know there are thousands of threads for this, but I'm lost amongst all of them for a reason.
My current salary account is in HDFC, its Imperia due to family Imperia from dad. Take home salary - 98k per month.
I was stuck on Moneyback+ for 1 year, had to use help of TF members to get a basic Millenia card as LTF. I don't see the purpose of holding salary account with HDFC as they don't even offer me an upgrade to Regalia gold even after 1 year!

Current CC with age -
1. HDFC Millenia, 3L Limit, 1 year old, LTF
2. SBI BPCL Octane, 60k Limit, 1 year old, paid(trying to make LTF, already hit spend waiver for last year)
3. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity, 6 months old, FYF
4. SBI Cashback Card, 80k limit, 2 months old, paid(applied from Cashkaro, so FYF basically?)
5. HSBC Live+, 2.9L Limit, 1 month old, paid(applied from Cashkaro, so free for 2 years)

Other cards I have just for sake of bank offers-
AU Lit, BOB Premier, IDFC Millenia, OneCard(used this a lot, now useless after devaluation)

Main spends - groceries(major spends, hence HSBC card), online shopping, utilities, misc. spends
Earlier for groceries, used OneCard, now using HSBC Live+, hitting max CB every month since got it
Online shopping, switched to SBI CB since I plan to cancel HDFC Millenia and wait for Regalia Gold offer
Utilities- SBI CB+Amazon GV route
Misc Spends - earlier was on Millenia to help hit 1L per quarter milestone, then switched to BPCL Octane to help hit fee waiver, now using HSBC Live+ just because of 1.5% unlimited cashback

What's the best place I can go and open a salary account where I might get good benefits in the future, and it's useful to build a relation?
Can give some initial pay in of around 5L.
ICICI offering me priority banking salary account with Rubyx CC, nothing special
Should I just stick with HDFC and cancel my Millenia till I get pre approved offer?

Thing is, I already have Imperia due to family, so I don't see the point of building a relationship with HDFC since it's already present. Should I go with ICICI or Axis and try to develop a long relationship with them for future benefits?
I do not travel, and I prefer Cashback over travel/hotel. What would be the best course of action for me?

NOTE - My dad just got DCB LTF(not sure metal or plastic), have asked him to apply and will get one for me as addon, we aren't into travel or such heavy spenders so no point in even trying for Infinia, just going to keep DCB for lounge access when we travel(once in 1-2 years, or even rarer)

I didn't read the whole post.
But,
1) For your salary, you may get Millennia or Regalia Gold LTF , try & negotiate from corporate agent or nearest branch.
2) For Salary, choose ICICI for good banking services and HDFC for good credit cards and possible future upgrades with increasing salary.
3) If you are an adrenaline junkie, choose Axis.
4) If you see a problem with one bank , then go to another. Simple.

I didn't read the whole post.
But,
1) For your salary, you may get Millennia or Regalia Gold LTF , try & negotiate from corporate agent or nearest branch.
2) For Salary, choose ICICI for good banking services and HDFC for good credit cards and possible future upgrades with increasing salary.
3) If you are an adrenaline junkie, choose Axis.
4) If you see a problem with one bank , then go to another. Simple.
I have Millenia LTF right now, but after the reward redemption fee doesn't seem worth
My dad can get DCB LTF so I don't think I need much with HDFC, since we have Imperia
My point is, should I continue to build on the same relationship with HDFC, or rather start one with ICICI for good benefits later, or maybe Axis to get Burgundy someday?

I have Millenia LTF right now, but after the reward redemption fee doesn't seem worth
My dad can get DCB LTF so I don't think I need much with HDFC, since we have Imperia
My point is, should I continue to build on the same relationship with HDFC, or rather start one with ICICI for good benefits later, or maybe Axis to get Burgundy someday?
If you are asking about good credit cards. Don't worry about ICICI. There are none.
Axis Magnus+Burgundy has a big criteria, and not possible as of now for you. Also there is no lee way for being existing customer in Axis.
IMO, Best is to continue in HDFC and work your way up with credit limit extension.
So, next stop Regalia Gold LTF and DCB LTF

If you are asking about good credit cards. Don't worry about ICICI. There are none.
Axis Magnus+Burgundy has a big criteria, and not possible as of now for you. Also there is no lee way for being existing customer in Axis.
IMO, Best is to continue in HDFC and work your way up with credit limit extension.
So, next stop Regalia Gold LTF and DCB LTF
We travel very rarely, won't use travel benefits at all, plus my dad already is offered DCB LTF. I can take addon from him and use it as of now.
Was just wondering if there is any bank out there that would give me some benefit if I build relation with them

We travel very rarely, won't use travel benefits at all, plus my dad already is offered DCB LTF. I can take addon from him and use it as of now.
Was just wondering if there is any bank out there that would give me some benefit if I build relation with them
Please take the DCB LTF right away. No need to think twice. Try to negotiate and get the 'DCB Metal' as LTF if you can.

Market scenario has been different last few years. You don't *need* to maintain a relationship, if you can bring in the big money ₹₹₹₹₹.
My suggestion is still HDFC, or choose any bank which is nearest to your home/office/most convenient for you.

Please take the DCB LTF right away. No need to think twice. Try to negotiate and get the 'DCB Metal' as LTF if you can.

Market scenario has been different last few years. You don't *need* to maintain a relationship, if you can bring in the big money ₹₹₹₹₹.
My suggestion is still HDFC, or choose any bank which is nearest to your home/office/most convenient for you.
From what I've understood, the OP will already have an add-on DCB LTF due to his father's primary card. What he is asking is : Since (1) they travel a lot less and (2) they already have DCB LTF from HDFC, is there any incentive for him to keep maintaining the salary account with HDFC, or move to some other bank so that he can have some better Non-travel, cashback-type cards?.. Thanx

From what I've understood, the OP will already have an add-on DCB LTF due to his father's primary card. What he is asking is : Since (1) they travel a lot less and (2) they already have DCB LTF from HDFC, is there any incentive for him to keep maintaining the salary account with HDFC, or move to some other bank so that he can have some better Non-travel, cashback-type cards?.. Thanx
OP already has Millenia, BPCL octane, Tata Neu infinity, SBI cashback, HSBC Live+.
I can't think of any better cashback cards.

I know there are thousands of threads for this, but I'm lost amongst all of them for a reason.
My current salary account is in HDFC, its Imperia due to family Imperia from dad. Take home salary - 98k per month.
I was stuck on Moneyback+ for 1 year, had to use help of TF members to get a basic Millenia card as LTF. I don't see the purpose of holding salary account with HDFC as they don't even offer me an upgrade to Regalia gold even after 1 year!

Current CC with age -
1. HDFC Millenia, 3L Limit, 1 year old, LTF
2. SBI BPCL Octane, 60k Limit, 1 year old, paid(trying to make LTF, already hit spend waiver for last year)
3. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity, 6 months old, FYF
4. SBI Cashback Card, 80k limit, 2 months old, paid(applied from Cashkaro, so FYF basically?)
5. HSBC Live+, 2.9L Limit, 1 month old, paid(applied from Cashkaro, so free for 2 years)

Other cards I have just for sake of bank offers-
AU Lit, BOB Premier, IDFC Millenia, OneCard(used this a lot, now useless after devaluation)

Main spends - groceries(major spends, hence HSBC card), online shopping, utilities, misc. spends
Earlier for groceries, used OneCard, now using HSBC Live+, hitting max CB every month since got it
Online shopping, switched to SBI CB since I plan to cancel HDFC Millenia and wait for Regalia Gold offer
Utilities- SBI CB+Amazon GV route
Misc Spends - earlier was on Millenia to help hit 1L per quarter milestone, then switched to BPCL Octane to help hit fee waiver, now using HSBC Live+ just because of 1.5% unlimited cashback

What's the best place I can go and open a salary account where I might get good benefits in the future, and it's useful to build a relation?
Can give some initial pay in of around 5L.
ICICI offering me priority banking salary account with Rubyx CC, nothing special
Should I just stick with HDFC and cancel my Millenia till I get pre approved offer?

Thing is, I already have Imperia due to family, so I don't see the point of building a relationship with HDFC since it's already present. Should I go with ICICI or Axis and try to develop a long relationship with them for future benefits?
I do not travel, and I prefer Cashback over travel/hotel. What would be the best course of action for me?

NOTE - My dad just got DCB LTF(not sure metal or plastic), have asked him to apply and will get one for me as addon, we aren't into travel or such heavy spenders so no point in even trying for Infinia, just going to keep DCB for lounge access when we travel(once in 1-2 years, or even rarer)
If you are in private sector and can increase the take home to ₹1,00,001, opt for SBI Corporate salary package Platinum. You will get free Rupay Select debit card which has lots of benefits.

Back