• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Questions about Infinia Add On

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
Hello,
I had a few questions about the add-on Infinia.
  1. I wanted to know if it's possible for a first cousin to get an add-on card with the same middle name but not the exact same surname as the primary holder. I saw someone here mention that if the person has a HDFC bank account then you can simply use the customer id from the net banking portal of the primary holder and select any relationship and the bank won't verify.
  2. What is the statement process? I want to keep the primary and add-on card holder's statement and reward point calculations separate to avoid any mix ups.
  3. Can the add-on holder use the reward points on their own or is it only redeemable from the primary holder's portal.
  4. Can the add-on holder pay their part of the bill on their own or do they need to have the primary holder pay it for them through their portal.
  5. What controls do the add-on holder have over the card? Can they toggle card transaction limits, disable international transactions, set/change the pin on their own or is it only through the primary holder's portal?
  6. Will the card number be the same for the add on card and what about the OTP for the purchases made by add-on card.
  7. What is the minimum and maximum credit limit that can be assigned to the add-on card?
  8. How can you choose what name to put on the card? I want the first name to be an initial then the full surname. The add-on holders' father has the same initials so I would like him to be able to use the priority pass if required.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,
I had a few questions about the add-on Infinia.
  1. I wanted to know if it's possible for a first cousin to get an add-on card with the same middle name but not the exact same surname as the primary holder. I saw someone here mention that if the person has a HDFC bank account then you can simply use the customer id from the net banking portal of the primary holder and select any relationship and the bank won't verify.
  2. What is the statement process? I want to keep the primary and add-on card holder's statement and reward point calculations separate to avoid any mix ups.
  3. Can the add-on holder use the reward points on their own or is it only redeemable from the primary holder's portal.
  4. Can the add-on holder pay their part of the bill on their own or do they need to have the primary holder pay it for them through their portal.
  5. What controls do the add-on holder have over the card? Can they toggle card transaction limits, disable international transactions, set/change the pin on their own or is it only through the primary holder's portal?
  6. Will the card number be the same for the add on card and what about the OTP for the purchases made by add-on card.
  7. What is the minimum and maximum credit limit that can be assigned to the add-on card?
  8. How can you choose what name to put on the card? I want the first name to be an initial then the full surname. The add-on holders' father has the same initials so I would like him to be able to use the priority pass if required.
following is info based on my infinia add on cards all bearing the same number on the cards and all priority passes also have same number.. nowadays there are unique numbers on the add on cards but yet to explore the same.

1. yes.. even if u apply for cousin with hdfc customer id, u can mention brother
2. statement will be one only, with separate section within for the add on cards
3. AFAIK only redeemable from primary cards portal
4. they can pay their amount from third party apps like CRED
5. all the add on controls are thru primary cards portal
6. nowadays add on cards have unique number
7. minimum and maximum can be set upto the total credit limit
8. We have put initial and surname without any issue as long as there is a hdfc customer id. Same initial family members have successfully used the priority pass thru this.

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
u can mention brother
2. statement will be one only, with separate section within for the add on cards
3. AFAIK only redeemable from primary cards portal
4. they can pay their amount from third party apps like CRED
5. all the add on controls are thru primary cards portal
6. nowadays add on cards have unique number
7. minimum and maximum can be set upto the total credit limit
8. We have put initial and surname without any issue as long as there is a hdfc customer id. Same initial family members have successfully used the priority pass thru this.

3. so is there no way that the add on user can redeem points that they earned?
4. do they not have access to their own hdfc portal through which they can pay if they have a hdfc bank account?
5. so essentially, the add on user can only spend money and use the priority pass and not use the other benefits of the card on their own
6. does the add on user get otp on their own number or is it still on the primary's phone number?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
3. so is there no way that the add on user can redeem points that they earned?
4. do they not have access to their own hdfc portal through which they can pay if they have a hdfc bank account?
5. so essentially, the add on user can only spend money and use the priority pass and not use the other benefits of the card on their own
6. does the add on user get otp on their own number or is it still on the primary's phone number?
3. No. all points are aggregated to primary card holder who can redeem points
4. I dont think add on card shows in their own HDFC portal. But if your question is about paying bills, then it can be done via various methods such as paying via net banking (of any bank) to card number via NEFT etc. or using apps such as paytm / mobikwik etc. However add on member will not know his/her portion of bill unless you tell them by reading statement manually
5. Yes. Spending money is the benefit here. Or availing instant discounts. No other benefit apart from this. reward points are with primary card holder
6. Yes if add on holder has HDFC account and mobile number is updated