• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rate my Credit Card Portfolio

omkard

TF Buzz
I am building my credit card portfolio and I currently hold the following cards:
1. ICICI Amazon Pay : 4.2L (LTF), since Aug 2021
2. Axis Select LTF: 4.2L (Conditional LTF), since Jan 2024
3. Kotak White LTF: 4.2L (Conditional LTF), since Dec 2023
4. OneCard LTF: 4.2L (LTF), since Jun 2022
5, Amex MRCC: 2.6L (4.5K), since Dec 2022

I’m now waiting for the cooling period for the next 2-3 months as i’ve already applied and got 2 cards (Axis and Kotak).

Please recommend good cards that I should add in my portfolio.
1. I am usually traveling and would like to use cards to do so. Currently I use two cards for international transactions:
  1. Fi Bank (Federal Bank): Savings A/c with visa exchange rates. No Charges
  2. Niyo DCB Bank: Current A/C with visa exchange rates. 499/yr
2. I’ve got the kotak white and axis select as i have opened privy league and burgundy accounts respectively and will soon close them down. Also thinking of closing the kotak white card soon.
3. My primary objective is to spend internationally and not loose on FOREX charges.
4. I’m now looking to get the premium lineup cards by Yes, HDFC, IDFC. Specifically YES Marquee to start with and I’m building my eligibility accordingly.
5. My current CIBIL is 798. I am also concerned on how to manage/enhance my CIBIL in my pursuit for a good card portfolio.
6. Please do add in any other recommendations or suggestions if you have any.

omkard

TF Buzz
1. If you have Axis Burgandy, you should have Burgundy Magnus CC.
2. IDFC wealth can be applied and obtained easily through online in 4 -5 days.
They denied me burgundy because I applied in January and they said the offer was until 31st December. Is that the case?
IDFC has always been denied for be in their online application for some reason, weird.

mj01

TF Select
Do try to get Yes marquee. It's a very good card for the price. Don't close Kotak White if you can make it unconditionally LTF - have seen Kotak CCs giving good festival/ sale offers.

omkard

TF Buzz
Do try to get Yes marquee. It's a very good card for the price. Don't close Kotak White if you can make it unconditionally LTF - have seen Kotak CCs giving good festival/ sale offers.
Thanks for responding. I will try asking, lets see how it goes. I barely see any use of Kotak white apart from the international lounge accesses I got which I used them all already. Do you think there is any other strong reason for which I should keep the card. Also there is a minimum spend criteria of a certain amount in order for the renewal of the priority pass and I do not plan to spend that amount on this as there's no rewards as compared to Amex MRCC.

mj01

TF Select
Thanks for responding. I will try asking, lets see how it goes. I barely see any use of Kotak white apart from the international lounge accesses I got which I used them all already. Do you think there is any other strong reason for which I should keep the card. Also there is a minimum spend criteria of a certain amount in order for the renewal of the priority pass and I do not plan to spend that amount on this as there's no rewards as compared to Amex MRCC.
They occasionally have very unique discounts (ones you don't get to see on other bank CCs). To give you examples, Kotak CCs had the best discount I have ever seen on hotel bookings on ClearTrip during BBD last October. There was discount on Kotak White for Ed Sheeran concert (this is actually where the card became a lot more popular). What I mean to say is hold it if it is free. If you can pull off one such unique discount in a year, it would be worth it!

Don't bother holding it for lounges - there are better cards for that.

bhavyakjain

TF Buzz
I am building my credit card portfolio and I currently hold the following cards:

I’m now waiting for the cooling period for the next 2-3 months as i’ve already applied and got 2 cards (Axis and Kotak).

1. I am usually traveling and would like to use cards to do so. Currently I use two cards for international transactions:
2. I’ve got the kotak white and axis select as i have opened privy league and burgundy accounts respectively and will soon close them down. Also thinking of closing the kotak white card soon.
3. My primary objective is to spend internationally and not loose on FOREX charges.
4. I’m now looking to get the premium lineup cards by Yes, HDFC, IDFC. Specifically YES Marquee to start with and I’m building my eligibility accordingly.
5. My current CIBIL is 798. I am also concerned on how to manage/enhance my CIBIL in my pursuit for a good card portfolio.
Could you please share what eligibility criteria you are working on ?

I am beginner in card portfolio

So want to know how I can get premium cards

Also could you explain how you got cibil so high, mine is 776 despite
Never late payment, credit utilisation under 10%

omkard

TF Buzz
Could you please share what eligibility criteria you are working on ?

I am beginner in card portfolio

So want to know how I can get premium cards

Also could you explain how you got cibil so high, mine is 776 despite
Never late payment, credit utilisation under 10%
Increasing my IT return for FY 2023-24 Is what I'm doing. Currently I draw a salary from a company and also have my own business (this year) running for me which makes a certain amount of money that meets the eligibility for the cards that I want. So after I file this tax return, my ITR would reflect the same.
I also started my Credit journey when I turned 18, my CIBIL is now 798 after 7 years of timely payments and low utilisation. I'm also researching on how it can be increased above 800 so will get that done soon. My credit utilisation is now less than 5% combined so that might be a reason as well.

bhavyakjain

TF Buzz
Increasing my IT return for FY 2023-24 Is what I'm doing. Currently I draw a salary from a company and also have my own business (this year) running for me which makes a certain amount of money that meets the eligibility for the cards that I want. So after I file this tax return, my ITR would reflect the same.
I also started my Credit journey when I turned 18, my CIBIL is now 798 after 7 years of timely payments and low utilisation. I'm also researching on how it can be increased above 800 so will get that done soon. My credit utilisation is now less than 5% combined so that might be a reason as well.
If you don't mind sharing, roughly what range is your ITR in ?

Also is 7 years journey the oldest active card/loan or is it overall?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Rating
4/10 - that too bcz of mrcc soley & somewhat apay

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I do not see the value of the Amazon ICICI when you have the AmEx MRCC. I believe you can purchase 6 Rs 1k Amazon Pay vouchers to achieve the monthly milestone with AmEx MRCC which I think rewards around 6-8% based on what I have seen in other TF posts. That will save more than the 5% than Amazon ICICI on Amazon. Amazon ICICI is also useless for 10% OFF discounts on e-commerce websites.

omkard

TF Buzz
I do not see the value of the Amazon ICICI when you have the AmEx MRCC. I believe you can purchase 6 Rs 1k Amazon Pay vouchers to achieve the monthly milestone with AmEx MRCC which I think rewards around 6-8% based on what I have seen in other TF posts. That will save more than the 5% than Amazon ICICI on Amazon. Amazon ICICI is also useless for 10% OFF discounts on e-commerce websites.
Thank you so much, I agree. I do only hold the Amazon card because it is unconditionally LTF. Also, how do you maximise the reward percent to 8%. Is there a redemption based chart I can refer to for Amex MRCC?

What cards should I look into getting for my profile?
1 SBI card - mostly for instant discount - if need vistara flights and have them flying in your frequent routes - go for SBI Vistara Prime card
Can also check SBI Cashback card - doesn't work for instant discount but very good cashback card

1 HDFC Card - again for discount during sales
Millenia/RG/DCB/Tata Neu Infinity/Swiggy

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

What cards should I look into getting for my profile?
How did u got white LTF ! ?

Your apay , mrcc is for amazon voucher.

If u have select ltf ! I m assuming u have burgundy sb .
Get atlas lTf instead of Select ltf . ( Yes atlas ltf is possible & since devaluation it makes total sense )
Select ltf is is L . Because of spend required for lounge & lounge was one thing keeping some respect for select ..
Atlas has no criteria for lounge
Even if u r not in miles game u can redeem for hotel .
& It gives 4% on spends

U can get sbi cashback card
& Yes marquee u r going good @S S V has thread on it .

Get Hdfc Millniea or regalia gold (ltf)

Kotak - maybe get myntra kotak . Rupay + good cashback card on Myntra & 10% on Flipkart in sale

omkard

TF Buzz
How did u got white LTF ! ?
I opened up a privy league account and White LTF (conditional) is complimentary. HMU if you need help in getting this. Beware, there's no welcome benefit though. Overall, I don't see on what kind of spends I should use this card.
Your apay , mrcc is for amazon voucher.
Perfect. I'll do so. Never thought that I should use the MRCC for amazon vouchers lol.
If u have select ltf ! I m assuming u have burgundy sb .
True!
Get atlas lTf instead of Select ltf . ( Yes atlas ltf is possible & since devaluation it makes total sense )
Select ltf is is L . Because of spend required for lounge & lounge was one thing keeping some respect for select ..
I need longue access and it's been a blessing! PP is flawless and works everywhere, not sure if I could say the same about dream folk given with atlas. Overall I can think only other spend is travel and benefit as miles which makes sense but usually I book cheap flights and there's 4.18% additional (Forex+GST) which doesn't makes any sense to me that's one reason to use the Fi bank debit and DCB Niyo.
Atlas has no criteria for lounge
Even if u r not in miles game u can redeem for hotel .
& It gives 4% on spends

U can get sbi cashback card
will look into this! Not sure again what sort of spends on this one.
& Yes marquee u r going good @S S V has thread on it .
I read this and trying so hard to get this one! I'm not eligible as of now and only eligible to RESERV which is shit. I'm ok with the charge of 12k as well but can't get it. Any tips??
Get Hdfc Millniea or regalia gold (ltf)
HDFC is sh*t, their online application is the worst. It gives only dumb offers.
Kotak - maybe get myntra kotak . Rupay + good cashback card on Myntra & 10% on Flipkart in sale
Thanks, but I don't spend in this category lol. Appreciate the effort to mention this though!

My requirement now is unlimited lounge access, I will get the card which gives me that and will do most of my spend on that going forward! Thanks a lot for your response! means a ton!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My requirement now is unlimited lounge access, I will get the card which gives me that and will do most of my spend on that going forward! Thanks a lot for your response! means a ton!
Idfc Wealth dc
3+3

Bob Radiance .idk remember but bob has one good dc .