• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Order SBICARDS to compensate Rs 5000 for rejected SBI Cashback credit card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
RBI Ombudsman Order SBICARDS to compensate Rs 5000 as they rejected someone's SBI Cashback credit card:

Note - this info is shared by one twitter user - ProfessorCardz

Now you know what to do if your card is being rejected

Process as explained by OP and I quote:

"1.Save All Emails: When I received the rejection email, I immediately saved all the emails I had received from SBI as PDFs.

2.Contact Customer Care: I first contacted the normal customer care address, asking for the reason for the rejection. When they responded with a vague “internal policy” reason, I saved that response too. I asked again, received the same response, and saved that as well.

3.Escalate to the Nodal Officer: Next, I wrote to the Nodal Officer, repeating the process. I asked twice, and each time they gave me the same internal policy reason, which I saved.

4.Contact Head Customer Care: Finally, I contacted the Head Customer Care via the SBI Card website. Again, I got the same response and saved all the email chains along the way.

5.File the Ombudsman Complaint: When filing a complaint with the Ombudsman, they ask for details about the initial complaint, the bank’s reply, and any follow-up communications. They also want proof that you’ve tried to escalate the issue within the bank."

GVrOhljW4AAOCx5.webp
sbicc.webp

RBI Ombudsman Order SBICARDS to compensate Rs 5000 as they rejected someone's SBI Cashback credit card:

"1.Save All Emails: When I received the rejection email, I immediately saved all the emails I had received from SBI as PDFs.

2.Contact Customer Care: I first contacted the normal customer care address, asking for the reason for the rejection. When they responded with a vague “internal policy” reason, I saved that response too. I asked again, received the same response, and saved that as well.

3.Escalate to the Nodal Officer: Next, I wrote to the Nodal Officer, repeating the process. I asked twice, and each time they gave me the same internal policy reason, which I saved.

4.Contact Head Customer Care: Finally, I contacted the Head Customer Care via the SBI Card website. Again, I got the same response and saved all the email chains along the way.

5.File the Ombudsman Complaint: When filing a complaint with the Ombudsman, they ask for details about the initial complaint, the bank’s reply, and any follow-up communications. They also want proof that you’ve tried to escalate the issue within the bank."

View attachment 66131
View attachment 66132

images (2).webp

I mailed directly to PNO without following the grievance matrix levels... They cited internal policy but asked for income proof to reconsider my application subject to approval. The reference number they gave is not working for tracking application. Its been a week now, no response except acknowledgement of document received. What to do next?

I mailed directly to PNO without following the grievance matrix levels... They cited internal policy but asked for income proof to reconsider my application subject to approval. The reference number they gave is not working for tracking application. Its been a week now, no response except acknowledgement of document received. What to do next?
Just got the second rejection

The reason for decline of your application is purely a business decision, taken in good faith and certainly in no way is indicative of your business worthiness.

I didn't follow the levels and now directly got rejection from PNO. Should I ask for reason again, or can I go to RBI BO now?

View attachment 66131
View attachment 66132

@Abhishek012
Bro, They rejected me with a pdf document in which they mention "business decision". When I call customer care they say "Internal policy". Can I still complaint this to RBI ?

RBI can't ask SBI cards to take a specific business decision which may affect their business. Pretty smart of SBI Cards to learn so quickly from their mistakes.
Time to infarct other banks.

@Abhishek012
Bro, They rejected me with a pdf document in which they mention "business decision". When I call customer care they say "Internal policy". Can I still complaint this to RBI ?
RBI can't ask SBI cards to take a specific business decision which may affect their business. Pretty smart of SBI Cards to learn so quickly from their mistakes.
Time to infarct other banks.
RBI can, SBI Card must give a concrete definite reason instead of giving a vague reason.

@cc_dc_explorer firstly try to use escalation matrix (try to play e-mail e-mail so that you can procure documentary evidence) as the one who got, if you get same kind of reply and then report to RBI BO, which may increase your chances to get good amount of compensation.

This decision looks an exception. I have read the story of lots of people and even tried personally also. RBI ombudsman just close the complaint by quoting that its bank's policy to issue a card. And you can't do anything in that case.

Back