• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI orders Bank of Baroda to suspend further customer onboarding on ‘bob World’ mobile app

Action against Bank of Baroda under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949

The Reserve Bank of India has, in exercise of its power, under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, directed Bank of Baroda to suspend, with immediate effect, any further onboarding of their customers onto the 'bob World' mobile application. This action is based on certain material supervisory concerns observed in the manner of onboarding of their customers onto this mobile application. Any further onboarding of customers of the bank on the 'bob World' application will be subject to rectification of the deficiencies observed and strengthening of the related processes by the bank to the satisfaction of RBI. The bank has been further directed to ensure that already onboarded 'bob World' customers do not face any disruption on account of this suspension.
20231010_192712.jpg

skyisthelimit

TF Select
Jo logo ye kar sakte the unlogo ko suspend kar diye hai..
Toh not to worry as such..vaise bhi nationalised bank, sab thik ho jayega..
Yahi to problem Hai nationalised bank, jis Akhil Handa ne sab karwaya, usko koi phuch bhi nhi rha hai. Kyunki, use government support hai.

knight

TF Ace
you would be surprised at how such small things being given a blind eye can cause a catastrophe in the long run
A big part of media's job is to find and highlight such flaws in the system so the people in power can no longer ignore it and have to act.
Unfortunately, most major indian media outlets are busy doing something else. (which will also cause a catastrophe in the long run)

I strongly believe we should focus on verifying the authenticity of the news, regardless of the source. And it was validated when RBI banned bob app onboarding.

No offense to anyone's political stance (though i know people will still take it.)
I personally feel politics should be left out as we are on this forum for a common interest, despite different beliefs.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
A big part of media's job is to find and highlight such flaws in the system so the people in power can no longer ignore it and have to act.
Unfortunately, most major indian media outlets are busy doing something else. (which will also cause a catastrophe in the long run)

I strongly believe we should focus on verifying the authenticity of the news, regardless of the source. And it was validated when RBI banned bob app onboarding.

No offense to anyone's political stance (though i know people will still take it.)
I personally feel politics should be left out as we are on this forum for a common interest, despite different beliefs.
100% agreed
we should be validating the authenticity of the news and that was my first question in this thread.

skyisthelimit

TF Select
If someone has good relation with BoB branch staffs, he/she can authenticate this by just asking them.
Underground activities are not in news anywhere. Can one imagine, more than 500 officers are transferred from one corner to other. Handa bypassed restriction on no. of account linked to same mobile no. & activation, deactivation and reactivation of other account on BoB World without any cooling period. After that, top mgmt provided list of accounts with no mobile no and pressurised to do so. If not, transfer and artificial chargesheet will be imposed.
Both security checks are implemented in almost all nationalised banks years ago.
But, Handa, who was just for small term in BoB, absused image of BoB.
I personally have sympathy with those staffs of BoB, who suffered such quantum of pressure.

blacktiger

TF Premier

news from the link:
India's state-run Bank of Baroda said on Saturday it terminated the employment of its chief digital officer as part of a larger action against its employees after the central bank found deficiencies in its mobile app.
"We have taken action on a large set of people on the field," managing director and chief executive officer Debadatta Chand told reporters. He did not specify the nature of the action.
"As far as the (former) CDO (Chief Digital Officer, Akhil Handa) is concerned, it is a cessation of service induced by the bank and that is a termination."
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last month said Bank of Baroda would need to correct certain deficiencies before it can be allowed to onboard new customers to its 'bob World' mobile app. The RBI did not say what those issues were.

Chand, however, said that RBI's concerns were largely related to the customer onboarding process via the app and that there were gaps in adequacies in documents along with wrong data being fed.
Earlier this week, Bank of Baroda informed exchanges about Handa's cessation of employment. Handa was closely associated with building 'bob World'
Bank of Baroda is engaged with the RBI on multiple counts in connection with issues linked to the mobile application, Chand said, adding that the bank has internally strengthened its surveillance and vigilance mechanism.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

Strange

TF Legend

news from the link:
India's state-run Bank of Baroda said on Saturday it terminated the employment of its chief digital officer as part of a larger action against its employees after the central bank found deficiencies in its mobile app.
"We have taken action on a large set of people on the field," managing director and chief executive officer Debadatta Chand told reporters. He did not specify the nature of the action.
"As far as the (former) CDO (Chief Digital Officer, Akhil Handa) is concerned, it is a cessation of service induced by the bank and that is a termination."
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last month said Bank of Baroda would need to correct certain deficiencies before it can be allowed to onboard new customers to its 'bob World' mobile app. The RBI did not say what those issues were.

Chand, however, said that RBI's concerns were largely related to the customer onboarding process via the app and that there were gaps in adequacies in documents along with wrong data being fed.
Earlier this week, Bank of Baroda informed exchanges about Handa's cessation of employment. Handa was closely associated with building 'bob World'
Bank of Baroda is engaged with the RBI on multiple counts in connection with issues linked to the mobile application, Chand said, adding that the bank has internally strengthened its surveillance and vigilance mechanism.
Former BoB executive Akhil Handa says he wasn't terminated 🤣🤣

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...-handa-says-he-wasnt-terminated-11664301.html

asahi

TF Premier
2 days back I opened account online, today I got cif & acc number, so i used them for internet banking registration & that’s it. After logging in, it’s no showing balance acc details just dashboard word & blank space. When navigated to services to register mobile banking, it’s not working. So i called the Customer Care, they said “due to some technical issues they’re not boarding new registrations, it’s been out for a while & don’t know when it’ll work again”. I was speechless, in 2023 a bank saying our mobile app not working so deal with it casually. Isn’t the mobile app the face of bank in this modern era?. How can they say it’s been out for a while & don't know when it will work again.
My position right now: Opened Sb account
1.No debit card(not even virtual) it will take 15 days acc to bank
2.Can’t transact via internet banking
3.No Mobile Banking
4.No upi coz no upi pin set up via aadhar
5.It almost feels like I never had this bank account

Last edited:

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
2 days back I opened account online, today I got cif & acc number, so i used them for internet banking registration & that’s it. After logging in, it’s no showing balance acc details just dashboard word & blank space. When navigated to services to register mobile banking, it’s not working. So i called the Customer Care, they said “due to some technical issues they’re not boarding new registrations, it’s been out for a while & don’t know when it’ll work again”. I was speechless, in 2023 a bank saying our mobile app not working so deal with it casually. Isn’t the mobile app the face of bank in this modern era?. How can they say it’s been out for a while & don't know when it will work again.
My position right now: Opened Sb account
1.No debit card(virtual) it will take 15 days acc to bank
2.Can’t transact via internet banking
3.No Mobile Banking
4.No upi coz no upi pin set up via aadhar
5.It almost feels like I never had this bank account
Transfer some funds using UPI/IMPS and then internet banking will start showing details

asahi

TF Premier
I also opened an account, it's reached 1 month but still I couldn't connect to phone banking officer when I put my ac no. on IVR it's replied invalid ac number
Same for me,IVR NOT recognising my account number, no mobile app registration yet to get my physical debit card

asahi

TF Premier
Biggest bummer is, they’re not sending Debit card, there’s no option to use Aadhar for upi pin set up. So just stuck with net banking