• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Bank suspended card with no thorough reason

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
@TechnoFino My RBL Zomato card was terminated without explanation. Calling customer service revealed that the card had been permanently stopped due to bank internal policy. After highlighting new rbi rule the executive only said it's due to the risk associated with the card (don't know what that means) & had to write to customer care to get the detailed reason.

Asked me to clear dues & they will reissue the new card. Card limit was 2L usage was around 5% of the card.

Attachments

• rbl.jpg
    rbl.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 202
I swiped today, it's working without any issues.. Still curious to know what's happening between RBL & ZOMATO.
Good to know that your card is working. I hope it's not due to less or no usage and excess usage that banks can cancel these cards because that could mean I could lose cards too .

Guys, I don't believe that has anything to do with the current co-branded RBI requirements. They would have to send notice first if such were the case before cancelling cards. I think it's the particular instance when the card has been suspended without a justification.

It is the first time that one of my cards has been suspended, but based on a few comments, other people have also had their cards suspended suddenly. I'll add more when I hear from the RBL support.

They even did the same for me and in my case I wasn't even notified about the card suspension. I got to know about it when my transactions were getting declined. When i asked they started their internal policy thing and they told me to visit their website read their MITC and find the reason myself. And when i told I'll go to Banking Ombudsman they said sir go-ahead.
Thanks to @TechnoFino advice to keep my Shopright cc despite getting ZOMATO cc, now surely I will not close my Shopright. Fingers crossed for ZOMATO cc

One possibility - just conjecture with no proof, is that there has been a security lapse / data leak at Zomato / RBL and some card details have been leaked. If this is the case, even with minimal utilization from actual user side, bank will be exposed to possibility of fraud and loss and so will want to close and / or reissue cards.

I hope this is not the case!

One possibility - just conjecture with no proof, is that there has been a security lapse / data leak at Zomato / RBL and some card details have been leaked. If this is the case, even with minimal utilization from actual user side, bank will be exposed to possibility of fraud and loss and so will want to close and / or reissue cards.

I hope this is not the case!
I believe the data breach occurred in 20–21, thus it shouldn't be connected to that. Additionally, my card was issued last month, so this shouldn't be the case.

How come u have both RBL ZOMATO AND RBL shoprite?
Which card did u take first?
Can u please elaborate in detail?
Initially I have Shopright, as you said I was also in a impression that RBL don’t give me ZOMATO cc, after 4 months of ZOMATO cc buzz in Twitter I saw the invitation in my ZOMATO app and took it. I think some people got ZOMATO cc as second cc. Don’t know exact criteria for that. In a space I asked @TechnoFino regarding discontinue Shopright, to which he said “better not to discontinue”.

Strange!!! With just 5% utilization they canceled your credit card. 😮
Ask for exact reason. And update here.
Edit- they'll reissue the card?
@TechnoFino According to RBL Bank Support, everything is covered by the bank's internal policy.
Can somebody please attach the new RBI rules requiring credit card businesses to provide the cause for card declines or card closures.

Attachments

• rbl-01.png
    rbl-01.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 45
@TechnoFino According to RBL Bank Support, everything is covered by the bank's internal policy.
Can somebody please attach the new RBI rules requiring credit card businesses to provide the cause for card declines or card closures.
Man that's sad. My application was initially denied due to app glitch and then reasoned internal criteria. RBL is shady in these things

This is shocking indeed. I am sure RBL representatives are watching this thread and should reply to you personally and tell you the exact reason. This seems to be a problem at their end.

Back