• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Bank suspended card with no thorough reason

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
@TechnoFino My RBL Zomato card was terminated without explanation. Calling customer service revealed that the card had been permanently stopped due to bank internal policy. After highlighting new rbi rule the executive only said it's due to the risk associated with the card (don't know what that means) & had to write to customer care to get the detailed reason.

Asked me to clear dues & they will reissue the new card. Card limit was 2L usage was around 5% of the card.

Attachments

• rbl.jpg
    rbl.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 202
@TechnoFino Despite receiving more than 15 emails and 6 phone calls, they have yet to explain why the card was cancelled. I wrote to Nodal/Principal Nodal, but they haven't responded, and their last four emails have all gotten the same canned response. What ought should happen next? Can I cc to RBI and inquire about the cause of my card closure? Is there any way or should I simply accept that the banks can F us whenever they want?

Attachments

• rbl.png
    rbl.png
    18 KB · Views: 37
Seems their support is on auto reply mode with formatted text.

Keep posted about this here.
@TechnoFino Despite receiving more than 15 emails and 6 phone calls, they have yet to explain why the card was cancelled. I wrote to Nodal/Principal Nodal, but they haven't responded, and their last four emails have all gotten the same canned response. What ought should happen next? Can I cc to RBI and inquire about the cause of my card closure? Is there any way or should I simply accept that the banks can F us whenever they want?

you should file complaint with RBI banking ombudsman portal, not just for you... its for all...

i would suggest going to twitter and tagging zomato and edition handles. i have had many issues sorted out this way on a priority basis when their internal ticketing system was slow to respond.

i think banks can throw random t&c quoting that 'the bank reserves the right to.....' etc.

but calling out how bad their services are on a public platform like twitter is what hurts them the most, especially now when they have messed up with the reward systems and many competitor cards coming in the market .

Got a call from RBI this morning. Received complaint acknowledgment & assurance to get it resolved in 30days. Crazy wasn't expecting that quick response at all
Update: I received a call from RBL bank this morning. Card cancellation was caused by a CIBIL primary number error. Based on the underwriter's feedback, they asked me to confirm the information for card activation, which will happen in 24 hours. I gave permission for the card since I don't want two of my CIBIL queries to go to waste.

CC: @TechnoFino

Update: I received a call from RBL bank this morning. Card cancellation was caused by a CIBIL primary number error. Based on the underwriter's feedback, they asked me to confirm the information for card activation, which will happen in 24 hours. I gave permission for the card since I don't want two of my CIBIL queries to go to waste.

CC: @TechnoFino
Card is active & RBL suppressed both Inquiries LOL. Closing this thread!!

Card is active & RBL suppressed both Inquiries LOL. Closing this thread!!
Does that mean the hard enquiries in cibil removed, if so when does this reflect in report.

For me when I asked why did they report to credit agencies when the card was delivered in permanently blocked status and said can't reissue, they raised a cibil suppression request as they said they reported to credit agencies even before the relationship with rbl didn't start/materialise.

Don't know what they mean by that, but said they will update cibil.

Does that mean the hard enquiries in cibil removed, if so when does this reflect in report.

For me when I asked why did they report to credit agencies when the card was delivered in permanently blocked status and said can't reissue, they raised a cibil suppression request as they said they reported to credit agencies even before the relationship with rbl didn't start/materialise.

Don't know what they mean by that, but said they will update cibil.
No idea but mine got removed on 3rd day from cibil

Bro please help how you got it unblocked. @dr-drake.3150 @TechnoFino
Call support and listen to them.
Write an email in response to the call and follow up with them & loop nodal officer after the fourth email if you haven't engaged in any illicit transactions. Play around for 30 days.
Even after 30 days your card is still restricted, send an email to RBI. You will receive a resolution within a week

Back